How does the warning system work?

wastipk

Well now you are a hacking viking. If you do what I think you do well then technically you are a pirate. *wink*

...If you mean break into secure areas of the internet and fuck shit up yes. If you are referring to a butt pirate then you are sorely mistaken (see what I did there).

I don't ever pirate games though. I like to support the companies that make them so that they will continue to do so. Money is not an issue with me really.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...If you mean break into secure areas of the internet and fuck shit up yes. If you are referring to a butt pirate then you are sorely mistaken (see what I did there).

I don't ever pirate games though. I like to support the companies that make them so that they will continue to do so. Money is not an issue with me really.

Honestly I don't wanna get kellered so excuse this but I will only do it for extremely cheap games that are so old it is impossible to find it. Unless that I also like to buy it even though it can be difficult with the economy. I mean really are you gonna actually make MW3 60 dollars? All I think of it is a GIANT DLC basically. New guns and maps. Also I play campaign of all games I buy even if they have an extensive amazing multiplayer. The BFBC2 campaign was horrible but I still want BF3 just to finish the campaign (and for jets :D) but other than that no. I mean the prices on games are outrageous.

The price of games is just another sign of the times and reflects the improvements the designers have made in the last few years. Development costs are in the tens of millions, just like movies, but their audience is smaller, so they have to charge a larger amount for the product.

The price of games is just another sign of the times and reflects the improvements the designers have made in the last few years. Development costs are in the tens of millions, just like movies, but their audience is smaller, so they have to charge a larger amount for the product.

i wouldn't say the audience is smaller, just more likely to be "addicted" to other games

Well, look at it like this. I'm going to use the movie comparison again. You pay for the ticket, around 10 bucks, watch the movie for 2-3 hours, then leave and all you have is a memory. With a game, you pay $60 and it's yours. You can play it over and over again, and make the story what you want it to be. Seems worth it to me, really.

Hidden

Video games have always been expensive though, even back when games were simple things that could be made by just a handfull of people.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2010/10/an-inconvenient-truth-game-prices-have-come-down-with-time/

Honestly I don't wanna get kellered so excuse this but I will only do it for extremely cheap games that are so old it is impossible to find it. Unless that I also like to buy it even though it can be difficult with the economy. I mean really are you gonna actually make MW3 60 dollars? All I think of it is a GIANT DLC basically. New guns and maps. Also I play campaign of all games I buy even if they have an extensive amazing multiplayer. The BFBC2 campaign was horrible but I still want BF3 just to finish the campaign (and for jets :D) but other than that no. I mean the prices on games are outrageous.

See, that's actually the opposite of how you should be handling it. Think of it this way: Big gaming companies have hundreds of employees, but the majority of the money actually goes to the handfull of fancy-pants-business-fucks who just own shit and sign checks. When you pirate a game from EA, you're refusing to pay $40 to EAs head management, $19 to the upkeep of EA studios, and $.99 to the actual people who make the stuff.

When you pirate a dinky little game from a nobody company, you're taking that $15 straight out of the wallet of the guy who sits at home coding things, because he's trying to make his dream job work.

And now that i've had the last word, no more piracy talk! Hooray forever!

How many points is a low effort post? And is there any way to see how many points you have?

"Welcome to Whose Tekkit Is It Anyway, where everything is made up and the points don't matter."

Edit: 3 points is the cutoff for a Kellering. Most offenses handed out are 1 point each. I tend to be fairly liberal, because who doesn't like to score big?

"Welcome to Whose Tekkit Is It Anyway, where everything is made up and the points don't matter."

Edit: 3 points is the cutoff for a Kellering. Most offenses handed out are 1 point each. I tend to be fairly liberal, because who doesn't like to score big?

Whenever I golf, I don't like scoring big, so I guess these forums are scored like golf

So when vikings raided England and Scotland, you stole the tradition of golf of all things? I just imagine a viking warrior bursting into a fair young maiden's bedchambers, pushing the horrified woman out of the way and grabbing a bunch of golf clubs going "this will keep me entertained longer" and darting out.

So when vikings raided England and Scotland, you stole the tradition of golf of all things? I just imagine a viking warrior bursting into a fair young maiden's bedchambers, pushing the horrified woman out of the way and grabbing a bunch of golf clubs going "this will keep me entertained longer" and darting out.

This image just made my day! I'm just glad no one started wearing the kilts! One of my raiding buddies thought he would try and as soon as he tried to leap off the boat he fell in the water. And, as you should know, he didn't know how to swim because that would be bad luck.