"This modpack is not allowed to use IC2"

Western_freak

You are (slightly) underestimating the overall intelligence-level of the Technic playerbase,

And then, you go in the whalebox section, and this statement becomes meaningless.

Honestly though, I perfectly agree with this. Some people might try to justify Sengir's actions (Won't go in there in this thread, but I disagree with them), or explain how he had the right to add this malicious code, but everyone is very well aware he is the responsible for the damage to the users, not the Technic team.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you RichardG, for coming to these forums and acting civilly and respectfully, even when previous posters said semi-derogatory things about you, and you clearly disproved what they said. I personally hope more cooperation like this would happen more often, but, we are only human.

Alblaka already posted that there was no need to obtain specific permission for his mod but to give them due credit. RichardG is obviously going around him. And wow, the bile those people spew about tekkit is unreal, but it is common to hate what you don't understand.

I only have one problem with that sentence, and this is from someone who plays both packs with equal love ( i host Cheeselesscraft), and that is " hate what you don't understand". What exactly do you mean by that?

I meant the people who hate technic / tekkit and just trash talk it using conjecture as their basis. More specifically, the people who I am referring to are on the IC2 forum blasting technic / tekkit when, I would be willing to bet large sums, they have never even tried it or have the proper knowledge to form a intelligent opinion. Hence, "they hate what they do not understand."

I meant the people who hate technic / tekkit and just trash talk it using conjecture as their basis. More specifically, the people who I am referring to are on the IC2 forum blasting technic / tekkit when, I would be willing to bet large sums, they have never even tried it or have the proper knowledge to form a intelligent opinion. Hence, "they hate what they do not understand."

Ok. That is fine, then, i thought you meant people on the ftb forums who are opposed to tekkit due to its unorthodox mod obtaining methods, seeing as most of those people would be ex-Tekkit users who switched in order to be closer to the mod makers, and who know both sides inside and outside. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Ok. That is fine, then, i thought you meant people on the ftb forums who are opposed to tekkit due to its unorthodox mod obtaining methods, seeing as most of those people would be ex-Tekkit users who switched in order to be closer to the mod makers, and who know both sides inside and outside. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I'm not mad at you. It was in context to what all of us were talking about at that particular time. I haven't tried FTB yet, I may, but that's neither here nor there.

tekkit due to its unorthodox mod obtaining methods, seeing as most of those people would be ex-Tekkit users who switched in order to be closer to the mod makers

you see, this is conjecture and trash talk. this statement clearly proves you don't know how tekkit came into being and purely believe one side of an argument.

Let me enlighten you on something. This pack was started by a guy like you, who manually installed mods and edited configs and enjoyed playing minecraft with all these cool mods together. He wanted his friends to do so as well so they can do SMP. So he made a short writeup to them saying "here's how to install these mods 'n stuff". One of his friends happened to know a thing or two about programming, and made it so that it could be done automatically without having to unzip .jar files manually. A popular group of guys stumble upon it and promote the hell out of it. Suddenly, everyone wants to know how to do it without trolling the trash heap that is MC forums to get download links and wait 5 years worth of ad.fly links every time a mod updates. So rather than telling everyone else to fuck off and die in a hole, the guy decides he wants everyone to have fun and shares. What a bloodsucking ungrateful dickpickle!

And I challenge your claim that "most of the people on the FTB forums" really know both "sides" "inside and outside". If "sides" even exist. Hint: they don't, we all want the same thing. And that's for more users to have more fun. Anyone who obstructs that goal has, in my mind, ulterior motives.

He's comparing the two. Mainly, they use the same, about 40% legitimate, argument: "Why would you hide it if you actually had it?"

Because you refuse to give into the pressures of idiots and conspiracy theorists? And because listening to them (the idiots and conspiracy theorists) rage is fun?

The funny thing about that, is that releasing a spotless permission list would have the exact same effect that Obamas birth certificate had. It would spawn more conspiracy theories, and when those were debunked or enough time had passed, people would go right back to saying "Technicpack isn't a real american! She can't be mayor of the internet!"

The funny thing about that, is that releasing a spotless permission list would have the exact same effect that Obamas birth certificate had. It would spawn more conspiracy theories, and when those were debunked or enough time had passed, people would go right back to saying "Technicpack isn't a real american! She can't be mayor of the internet!"

And in the end, just voting her out of office will have to do. Wait, what were we talking about?

My only contribution to this stale argument is that the word "dickpickle" is amazing and I will be using it from here on.

Do we have a thread about this somewhere? If there isn't, there should be! "Dickpickle" is awesome. Why aren't we using it more often? :D

Meh. I still think they should release the birth certificate. WE KNOW THAT YOUR POLYNESIAN OBAMA!

Edit: Not sarcasm.

They did. It was followed quickly by three prominent conspiracy theories. "That hospital doesn't exist!" "That baby wasn't Obama!" and the ever popular "Obama is really a reptile man, seeking to destabilize the world government!"

once all the theories were either debunked or failed to gain any traction, people just went back to demanding his birth certificate.