Early Game Power Production.

RalphRoberts

Not overall game strategy for everything, just what you do until you get a base with a steady supply of power.

Do you use different setups each game, or do they stay the same each time?

What is your current one?

What is your favorite one?

What are the Pros and Cons of your strategy(s), or someone else's?

Mine is just collect several forests worth of wood and using that in generators until I have enough solar panels or a nuclear reactor. The problem with this is that it takes a lot of time and effort, but you don't have to worry about supply, as wood... well, it grows on trees.

I always start out with iron furnace, macerator, generator with charcoal. next up: extractor (rubber), compressor (plant balls --> bio fuel cells for turtles).

this system typically stays in place until I got enough coal dust for 2 stacks of solar panels and its pretty much a done deal at that point

Generators are good when used with tree farms.

Geothermal Generators are great once you get access to the Nether.

Beyond that, I always go solar. Costs massive amounts of iron and doesn't work at night, but it's worth it. Free EU, and lots of it.

I go to the nearest jungle and treecapitate the biggest tree I can see with a diamond axe, then proceed to pick up my 24 stacks of wood.

My 3 diamonds converted into 5 millions EU, or 74 real-time hours worth of generators.

I'd say it's a good exchange rate.

Generally one generator/macerator/extractor, then I push straight to geothermal after having cleared enough mining space to have uncovered/connected several large lava pools underground (volcano are dismal when it comes to lava production, more than 90% of the time the "lava chamber" at the bottom of the magma tube is all of maybe 10 source blocks maximum).

Running 3 geothermal generators and a good sized large lava supply underground, that generally allows me plenty of time to build and transition to mid game engine generator builds that I enjoy using.

My primary goal is always more solar panels, but I keep other (faster) generators around for when I need a boost. First regular generators, then geothermals (fed with lava cells from nether), and when I have enough resources, nuclear. After a bit of playing I end up with two or more full MFSU and no need for nuclear power, so I hook the nuke straight into a mass fabricator and rely entirely on solar for everything else. I keep amassing solar panels either until the server disappears or until the admins find my stash of stolen uranium and I get banned.