MCforums is delusional

Jay?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanna say here that the DF forums are generally pretty high quality, despite it being a free forum with only two moderators.

Part of that is, i think, that Dwarf Fortress is largely inaccessible to people who aren't computer savvy to begin with.

Stupid newb pack. So, not really, no.

As of MC boards, such is the lot of games that are "simple but sweet." A five-year-old could easily play vanilla Minecraft. They could not, however, barring being a genius, display much intellect, sanity, or even common sense on an internet board.

Just adds a few utils and a tile packs, and a few options to make the game easier. What it doesn't add is a way to make DF stop being "submenus: the game"

Not that that's a bad thign, it's just not easy for younger or less computer savvy people to get into it.

Just adds a few utils and a tile packs, and a few options to make the game easier. What it doesn't add is a way to make DF stop being "submenus: the game"

Not that that's a bad thign, it's just not easy for younger or less computer savvy people to get into it.

I tied the newb pack to see what it was, it just seemed like it was giant config menu, with a few tools to make some task easier and textures to make IDing what something is easier, but It still didn't seem like I was playing one of those facebook games that have the learning curve of a straight line. I really do need to get into it. Also if it does not exist there needs be a "submenus: the game"

As of MC boards, such is the lot of games that are "simple but sweet." A five-year-old could easily play vanilla Minecraft. They could not, however, barring being a genius, display much intellect, sanity, or even common sense on an internet board.

The main problem is more that they are so light on the rules that it lets dickbags. trolls, and noobs. I have been on a board where I can swear I think the dickbags that make up the regulars have scared the other off. To me it seemed "OMG you like something I don't, you are a freak, I'm going to just spew generalizations about you now." You have to grow some balls and hurt feelings if you want to keep a forum from decaying into chaos... Which is hard since the more lax you are the more users to view more ads and get you more money.

LAZY Newb Pack, thank you very much.

Wow, you just managed to find a pack called that, Well played my friend

DF mod compilers and players actually have a sense of humor will let something that calls its users lazy newbs become the official unofficial mod compilation for the game. In other news the technic pack is now the "Whiny kids" pack.

StupidLazy newb pack. So, not really, no.

You do realize that Technic Pack is essentially the Lazy Newb Pack of Minecraft, right? Because Lazy Newb Pack adds nothing unique except a launcher GUI to toggle a few of the .ini/.cfg or whatever and is a collection of utilities that make DF easy to play and Technic is nothing but a launcher that makes it easy to download and install the mods and avoid conflicts rather than doing it yourself.

So... The Lazy Newb Pack is no grounds whatsoever to say anything negative about the community, it's just like Technic. It's for people who want the extra stuff and don't want to push files around and edit configs. Would you accuse someone for preferring a chainsaw to chop down a tree over a herring?

Ah, apologies. I had what I thought I knew about it all wrong. I didn't even have the name right. I could've sworn that it made DF much simpler, though, to such a point where more annoying sorts could get into it and eventually be lured into the fora. But, quickly looking over it myself, it seems I was wrong. I had no intention of having flamethrowers pointed at me, folks, I assure you.

As for a chainsaw vs. a herring: It is possible to chop down the mightiest tree in the forest with some sort of non-descript fish in Minecraft. One might call the fish a herring, though they wouldn't necessarily be correct. Regardless, chopping down a tree with a fish would be quite a feat. Though, I'd only even try once for bragging rights, myself, and then use my trusty chainsaw on every other tree for the sake of my own efficiency and sanity.

Can we get back to the autistic kids in a room full of bees analogy?

Nope lets look at example of bad courtesy the minecraft forum...

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/593219-16x123wip-coolcraft-new-rainbow-dash-enderdragon-nyan-cats-chuck-norris-armor-long-cat-zombies-and-much-more-wackiness/

Oh my sweet jesus asshat clown...this is the worst thing ever made.I don't know how to say this guys but i think one of those autistic kids found MS paint.

Our butts can't save us now...

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/593219-16x123wip-coolcraft-new-rainbow-dash-enderdragon-nyan-cats-chuck-norris-armor-long-cat-zombies-and-much-more-wackiness/

Oh my sweet jesus asshat clown...this is the worst thing ever made.I don't know how to say this guys but i think one of those autistic kids found MS paint.

Well darn it. To the bedrock bunker.

Also, I don't really like the autistic kids in a room full of bees analogy, 'cause I'm also autistic (who would've guessed that?). However, I've never been in a room of bees, so that could be a problem, or the exact opposite.

>:( stop mke fun of me or i ill ban you from may hamatchi server >:( NO DIAMAND FOR U >:(>:( -10million TKE TAHT

But really MCForums are one of the best communitys ever!?!?With texture packs like that and people doing "LUL DIAMAND FOR U +1"on everythread!?!

They are just taking the mick.

>:( stop mke fun of me or i ill ban you from may hamatchi server >:( NO DIAMAND FOR U >:(>:( -10million TKE TAHT

But really MCForums are one of the best communitys ever!?!?With texture packs like that and people doing "LUL DIAMAND FOR U +1"on everythread!?!

They are just taking the mick.

I think you re-enacted what MCforums does best... overuse emoticons

Sweet Jesus, it's like a million terrible internet memes took turns shitting in my eyeballs. Who thinks this kind of shit is a good idea?