IC2 and more...

HeadZone

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct up until that last part. Igneous Extruder. If you bee-line for Conduits, you can have them quite easily, well before diamonds.

Ah, good point. I should probably see about making a bootstrapping guide as well to help people figure out the 'best' way to get into the tech tree in early game.

Ah, good point. I should probably see about making a bootstrapping guide as well to help people figure out the 'best' way to get into the tech tree in early game.

Might be useful. I'll still look into adding an early game conduit, or perhaps a way to get conduit just a bit earlier, but I think a lot of the perception that conduit is hard to get is just a lack of familiarity with the tech tree as it were.

More importantly, though, IC2 and RP pumps do not produce forge-compatible liquid stacks. So you can't use them to fill tanks from any mod, and they're really not replacements for BC pumps. As for UE tanks from the mod Fluid Mech, well...

Redpower pumps do indeed output forge compatible liquids. I was testing the pump the other day in 1.4 and it will output to endertanks, xycraft tanks, etc. Haven't tried with buildcraft tanks though.

If by "a lot" you mean "Xycraft and Thaumcraft" then, yeah. In addition, Railcraft is fairly permissive but lets FtB get away with not posting a public permissions list and not us, and Gregorius T has an active imagination. I think that covers the sum total of all mods we can't carry.

You'd be amazed how few mods actually go crazy about permissions - you only hear about the loud ones who do. A large number of mods require no permissions other than acknowledgement of the authors and a link to the mod forum post, and of those that do most only require you to ask the owners and they generally accept. There aren't many mods who only allow certain modpacks permission anymore.

We've never been interested enough in Ars Magica to check its permissions, but Soul Shards and EBXL are both licensed under Creative Commons, and I can tell you from experience that technic can get BiblioCraft and TF permissions. It seems like you don't know what you're talking about. Like, at all.

Of those, only Ars Magica and Twilight Forest appear to be "what you were thinking". Most of those are shared under Creative Commons licenses, allowing anyone to redistribute the mod providing they give credit and make no money off it. I think a few just required you to ask for permission first. In what way are those mods, other than the first and last, similar to how Xycraft is currently (and apparently temporarily) licensed?

Ars Magica is a bit overpowered at the moment so I suppose thats for the best, it was more like a list of suggestions to consider.

I have no idea about who is licensed and who is not nor have I ever said I had knowledge of such. I simply thought each of those might add some interesting features and so I was curious why they were not in the new version of Tekkit. I should have clarified, my apologies.

Hostility is an odd thing to introduce into an otherwise light conversation, however.

I have no idea about who is licensed and who is not nor have I ever said I had knowledge of such.

Hostility is an odd thing to introduce into an otherwise light conversation, however.

If we both agree that you have no idea what you're talking about, I don't see how pointing it out is hostility. You did make a series of assertions in this thread and in the Tinker's Construct thread, all of which are false, and all of which go back to some nasty rumors that have been spread about our relationship with the modding community.

Yay!

Sorry to ask but why can't we have thaumcraft? This one saddens me somewhat.

The mod maker decided that only certain modpacks could include his mod (a grand total of 3 iirc), and Tekkit wasn't one of them. Perhaps it will change in the future, perhaps not. Either way, or now no TC3 for the official Technic modpacks. Custom packs might be worth a try though.

If we both agree that you have no idea what you're talking about, I don't see how pointing it out is hostility. You did make a series of assertions in this thread and in the Tinker's Construct thread, all of which are false, and all of which go back to some nasty rumors that have been spread about our relationship with the modding community.

They may be assertions in your mind, but they are little more than comments on the past in reference to the rumors. Things may be better now with a newer mod community but that doesn't change the mindset of older modders. This is what I implied and what was clearly misunderstood.

When I said this seems to be this way with a lot of decent mods, I was referencing those who went with the rumors and sided in the end with FTB alone. Likewise with the "bad reputation".

The mod maker decided that only certain modpacks could include his mod (a grand total of 3 iirc), and Tekkit wasn't one of them. Perhaps it will change in the future, perhaps not. Either way, or now no TC3 for the official Technic modpacks. Custom packs might be worth a try though.

Has Thaumcraft 3 had an official release yet? Last I checked, the restrictions were only going to be for the pre-releases until the mod creator decided it ready for release.

Yeah, according to the creator, ThaumCraft wasn't entirely done yet, and he didn't want to have it in tons of public modpacks. Understandable, because if a lot of packs contain the mod, then a lot of users are going to mass-complain about "X feature is missing" or "Y feature is broken and here's why".

IIRC Azanor is fairly permissive and he only gave a few mod packs permission to use the mod because he wanted to limit the volume of bug reports coming in as suggested above. Plus he has seemed to indicate that he is overhauling some large parts of the mod. I don't think TC's low mod pack list will stay that way once a full release it out. Not that TC would go into tekkit right now even given permission. It has(or had) some pretty serious bugs to do with chunk corruption and it getting some overhauls in its world gen stuff. Not the kind of thing you want in your pack if you are looking at long term stability and consistency.

IIRC Azanor is fairly permissive and he only gave a few mod packs permission to use the mod because he wanted to limit the volume of bug reports coming in as suggested above. Plus he has seemed to indicate that he is overhauling some large parts of the mod. I don't think TC's low mod pack list will stay that way once a full release it out. Not that TC would go into tekkit right now even given permission. It has(or had) some pretty serious bugs to do with chunk corruption and it getting some overhauls in its world gen stuff. Not the kind of thing you want in your pack if you are looking at long term stability and consistency.

Yeah, but it's also in prerelease. I would sincerely hope that it would be given strong consideration for inclusion in Tekkit once it's ready, as it would really flesh out the magic content.