Generic-Land Old thread, Maxed.

Generictag

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, I find it funny how me and my friend get banned from this server for logging in, in a bad chuck/our house.

Quite the staff you have there Generic...

There is a problem with your base, and it crashes server, so I banned you two until we fix the problem. You guy's would have kept logging in countless times, making me (or one of the other staff) have to restart the server then deal with players who lost items during rollbacks. If you don't like it, I can understand. I brought the matter to generictag, and it will be solved as soon as possible. I physically can't do a thing about how your base crashes the server, and generictag has a busy life, so it would be nice if you would give us leeway.

How can you be so naive as to insult us for trying to keep the server running? You were crashing the server, every time you logged in. If this was your server, and the server crashed every time someone logged in, what would you do? Keep restarting it until they get tired of trying?

Well dude1430, your link is showing the server as active, my connection is fine, and I am unable to connect. Is anyone in right now?

That program is not 100% accurate. It updates at set intervals, and if the server goes down between those intervals, it cannot tell what is going on.

People this is a forum not an IRC. It is unacceptable when I have to read through a whole page of one word posts to figure out what is going on with the server. Please think before you post, and don't post unless you have something that is beneficial to the topic. I am not a moderator on these forums, but I am asking you as an admin of this server, please keep this topic clean for people to read :)

Lastly, if anyone has any problems, you can contact me on steam as Mad3ngineer. I can fix some of the server problems, like giving the server a restart.

Lost my entire inv when I finally got to relog the next day. Super great I just might not play this BS again.

I lost my power tool, stacks of ME Buses, Extruders and 2 stacks of recyclers....

No notice for inventory resets. Hopefully when I get back on after the server bugs are fixed I will have all my stuff back.

~Edit: Can I be teleported to spawn when I join? <.< In a bad chunk...

There is a problem with your base, and it crashes server, so I banned you two until we fix the problem. You guy's would have kept logging in countless times, making me (or one of the other staff) have to restart the server then deal with players who lost items during rollbacks. If you don't like it, I can understand. I brought the matter to generictag, and it will be solved as soon as possible. I physically can't do a thing about how your base crashes the server, and generictag has a busy life, so it would be nice if you would give us leeway.

How can you be so naive as to insult us for trying to keep the server running? You were crashing the server, every time you logged in. If this was your server, and the server crashed every time someone logged in, what would you do? Keep restarting it until they get tired of trying?

Well, I would fix my server, I work 60 hours a week and I'm a full time student and I still find time to take care of my server and players.

And as far as me insulting it's more of a comment on how most of you aren't very mature staff members.

Unfortulately,

I cannot fix the problem, only GenericTag can. He already solves numerous problems with the modpack every day.

Wanna know what he had to do to fix the problem? He had to spend about an hour of his time to delete your base because it caused crashes. Maybe you don't have to deal with people causing crashes left and right and come onto your server thinking "Whats wrong this time". If you are unsatisfied with how he was unable to fix the problem because he was not there, how I couldn't fix the problem because it isn't my server, and then call us immature for trying to keep it running for other people, you are not forced to be here.

(Double Post)

Hah, got a random, 2 day ban? Leaving this server now...

Random? Hardly. We were fixing YOUR base that screwed up the server (which was almost impossible with you logging in repeatedly even though you crashed it immediately). My player got cleared too, because I was helping fix YOUR base.

You are not the only players here

What I am picking up, is that you think that if we ban you temporarily so that other people can still enjoy it, we are abusive? That is just selfish to the other players, as if you are the only one that matters.

And as far as me insulting it's more of a comment on how most of you aren't very mature staff members.

Again, going straight to calling us immature. We aren't the ones that screwed up the server. Lets get real. You crashed the server right on login. It wasn't like you were going to play on it since you crashed it right away, might as well let others play on it. Anyone else think that is unreasonable? Anyone?

Bottom line,

If you think we banned you for no reason, you are dead wrong... If you think we were unreasonable in keeping the server up for other people, you are also wrong. If you are unsatisfied with our staff members for keeping the server running, good luck finding a server that satisfies you. (you'll need it)

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons