is this the end for big dig?

srjacob

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it's still twitching. Sometimes people get confused when they see dead things twitching.

That's why we use sticks to poke things with. *pokepokes Calv with one*

It's human nature to be fascinated with dead things.

I'm still running OK on 1.2.2 instead of the insults by some that us idiots should drop IC2, then it would be nice and useful to post alternatives. What items can be used to replace items being used?

Items I use a lot are

Jetpack

Project Table

Overclocker Upgrade

Pump

Water Mill

Compressor

Electro Furnace

Extractor

Induction Furnace

Copper

Tin

Rubber

Construction Foam Wall (protection for the are if engines blow up :) )

Mining Laser

Nuke (when messing about)

Glass fibre cable

Solar panels

Batbox

Quite a lot of it I've used to automate stuff in the factory. Mainly not knowing anything different is the issue new people like me to Minecraft still use IC2.

Jetpack

Modular Powersuits has a jetpack module.

Project Table

Project Bench

Overclocker Upgrade

Mekanism has speed upgrades for its machines, Thermal Expansion you should just make more machines, it's not that hard.

Pump

The alternative to the Pump is called... the Pump.

Compressor

Err... you need a non-IC2 alternative to a machine that made IC2 components? Tell me what you're trying to do and I'll tell you how to do it.

Electro Furnace

Powered Furnace, for one, but there's like like literally 5 different furnace alternatives in Big Dig.

Extractor

Again, I'm not sure why you need a non-IC2 alternative to machine that existed to make IC2 stuff.

Induction Furnace

This is ust a faster electro furnace

Copper

Tin

Rubber

Copper, Tin, and Rubber.

There are a lot of different resistant building materials in Big Dig, but why do you need a non-IC2 alternative to protect against IC2 machine explosions?

The alternative is... nukes. You even have nuclear missiles that can be launched now.

Solar panels

The alternative is... solar panels. There aren't compact solars, which is fine. If you want big energy, use a nether lava operation fed into a bank of magmatics, or a large farming operation fed into a bioreactor and then into a bank of biofuel engines. Or Atomic Science fission or fusion reactors, or a large bank of hydrogen generators.

Batbox

Redstone Energy Cell

Glass fibre cable

Energy Conduit

Mining Laser

Depends what you're looking for out of it, but I highly recommend looking into the Power Tool and the options you get out of Modular Powersuits.

Water Mill

I guess hydrogen generators.

Nope. This is just the end of idiots who rely on old outdated mods for everything using it, GOOD FUCKING RIDDANCE.

Seriously, why the fuck do you idiots expect IC2 to stay in? You know when it's last public release was? 1.4.5. Don't except to see it in an up to date mod pack anytime soon. Get the hell over it.

This - I am sick and tired of tekkit being 4-5, sometimes more, versions behind basic vanilla. the IC2 crew need to step up their game or GTFO

Mainly not knowing anything different is the issue new people like me to Minecraft still use IC2.

thank you for your honesty - it is a challenge yes but that is part of the fun of minecraft. Every once in a while try osmething new, learn new mods and relearn to enjoy the game over again rather than getting bored building the same factories over and over running on solar power.

I'm still running OK on 1.2.2 instead of the insults by some that us idiots should drop IC2, then it would be nice and useful to post alternatives. What items can be used to replace items being used?

Items I use a lot are

Jetpack

Project Table

Overclocker Upgrade

Pump

Water Mill

Compressor

Electro Furnace

Extractor

Induction Furnace

Copper

Tin

Rubber

Mining Laser

Glass fibre cable

Solar panels

Batbox

Quite a lot of it I've used to automate stuff in the factory. Mainly not knowing anything different is the issue new people like me to Minecraft still use IC2.

You actually LOOKED at the other mods?

Oh hey, proof some people don't even LOOK at what else is in a pack before bitching and moaning about IC2 being gone.

I mean, no proof was necessary after the Tekkit launch, honestly, but look, this guy's new and IC2 was the only mod he knew. When he tries some new stuff and sees how great it is, maybe he'll become a mod-playin' renaissance man who experiments with new mods without being asked stuff, but not if you chase him off, gah.

Compressor's useful to make diamonds. With as many diamonds as BC seems to use (especially when they update logistic pipes) this is very useful. (I am trying to make diamonds via MineChem now but it's complicated.)

Any suggestions?

Eh, compressor diamond production was always of dubious use- it takes a full stack of coal per diamond, and so you have to be supremely unlucky to end up in a situation where making a diamond in a compressor makes sense. If you're interested in making diamonds out of stuff, though, Equivalent Exchange 3 can do that.

Regardless, though, this is Big Dig. You find diamonds 30 feet from spawn, in the side of a well-lit mountain. Diamonds are not a difficult find. Now if IC2 compressors could make EMERALDS, you might have my attention.

Eh, compressor diamond production was always of dubious use- it takes a full stack of coal per diamond, and so you have to be supremely unlucky to end up in a situation where making a diamond in a compressor makes sense. If you're interested in making diamonds out of stuff, though, Equivalent Exchange 3 can do that.

Regardless, though, this is Big Dig. You find diamonds 30 feet from spawn, in the side of a well-lit mountain. Diamonds are not a difficult find. Now if IC2 compressors could make EMERALDS, you might have my attention.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there, you can double the diamond output of a quarry by turning all of the coal into diamonds. Admittedly not so much in Big Dig, but every diamond counts when you're filling diamond chest after diamond chest with stuff from a dozen quarries. But as I said there are...other solutions. I'm not too angry about it, just a little...frustrated.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there, you can double the diamond output of a quarry by turning all of the coal into diamonds. Admittedly not so much in Big Dig, but every diamond counts when you're filling diamond chest after diamond chest with stuff from a dozen quarries. But as I said there are...other solutions. I'm not too angry about it, just a little...frustrated.

Instead of making diamond chests, just make a DSU for all that cobblestone.

Compressor's useful to make diamonds. With as many diamonds as BC seems to use (especially when they update logistic pipes) this is very useful. (I am trying to make diamonds via MineChem now but it's complicated.)

Any suggestions?

yeh not by not being lazy (< .<) its the big dig - diamonds spawn everywhere even at and above sea level if you can't find diamonds in the big dig you aren't leaving your house.

Perhaps I just don't want to rewrite my master scheme for the ultimate infinitely self expanding, self maintaining, completely automated, world eating super base.

Perhaps dead is relative. If it's being maintained and will be updated to the next version of minecraft, then I can still use it in my plans as is. Not everything needs new features regularly to be useful. But if there are no plans for a stable release in the near future then I can rewrite my plans around it.

so try something new (<.<) like making one on the moon (O.o) its possible to do you just have to relearn the mods is all IC 2 WAS great don't get me wrong i LOVED it however it isn't staying up to date and looks like it won't be updating any time soon.

Nope. This is just the end of idiots who rely on old outdated mods for everything using it, GOOD FUCKING RIDDANCE.

Seriously, why the fuck do you idiots expect IC2 to stay in? You know when it's last public release was? 1.4.5. Don't except to see it in an up to date mod pack anytime soon. Get the hell over it.

Someone reported you for this post.

Have a chuckle with the thought they got warned instead.

Minum stone from EE3 + ME network from AE, will autobuild just about anything for you from just about anything. If you want to render down all your crap and turn it into diamonds, look into those.

I'll admit when I patched in middle of building something and my map glitched out I was sad, and abit angry for hour or so. And then I got poking around with this build. I like it. I mean I -really- like it, and I can't say that about any packs since a certain one we don't mention here.

He did good, and I take back the shade and angst I threw on the release.

The only thing I think I could wish for is some extra biomes action. I really kinda adored that out of a couple packs. ( I miss the redwood forests >.< )

But really. Check the bitching for a moment and load up a fresh map, play for a couple hours. Build some things. Plants some tomatos. Kill some things. Grow some diamonds. Have fun with it, go crazy. You Might like it!

I just put it back myself, and it was very easy. Guide to adding IC2 back in:

1. Put it back in, version 1.115.337 worked fine for me. http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2_lf/

2. Delete IC2 folder in Galacticraft in coremods to prevent a crash.

3. Everything works because 30.5 days was kind enough to leave the IC2 configs in.

Will this work in the future? Who knows. Nobody's updating IC2, so adding it is going to get harder and harder for the most part.

Yeah. Since diamonds can be made with pure carbon (by making fullerene,) just making a whole melon from slices gives you free carbon in the process. Just keep breaking down whole melons and the compounds it creates, then make a whole bunch of slices from the water you can create from that, and do it again.

This is doable for 1.4.7, so I don't know if that was changed for this version.

Best loop is log -> TE Sawmill = 6 planks

4 planks -> EE3 stone = 1 log, leaving a bonus of 2 planks each round. That's 1/2 log, 1/4 obsidian, 1/32 iron, 1/256 gold, or 1/1024 diamond.

With an AE setup, a bank of sawmills with import and export buses, you can make a lot of planks.