is this the end for big dig?

srjacob

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's fine. It's by no means a "copy of voltz" just because it has a few Voltz mods in it, and IndustrialCraft is dead anyway. Far from "ruining" Big Dig, they've improved it by cutting out dead and useless mods, and made the pack much more sustainable by shedding mods which never update or improve.

Not sure. I thought the idea of Big Dig was to make things less grindy. Yes, IndustrialCraft might not of been being updated, but its what my whole factory etc is made up of. I've automated a lot of stuff, some semi automated like the production of solar panels for the HV solar helmet I wanted, for the jet pack. Without any of that, it would ruin my game. Also, the most basic but most important object, the Project Table. Removing these items makes it all seem grindy again.

Its good for people that want to update as 1.5.2 I think has the official hoppers with their update so a lot of sorting systems can just use the hoppers. But so much of my factory will be gone. I'm going to make a backup of 1.4.7, then update and see how much of my world disappears.

I clicked update without hesitation because the thought never occurred to me that the pack would remove huge mods that occupy something like 80% of my time spent ingame.

What the hell am I even supposed to do now? pipe bees around?

I believe if you click on the cog on the launcher you can revert back to the old version.

Dosn't seem so...? maybe im failing. Regardless this is not availible for the server.

Nope. This is just the end of idiots who rely on old outdated mods for everything using it, GOOD FUCKING RIDDANCE.

Seriously, why the fuck do you idiots expect IC2 to stay in? You know when it's last public release was? 1.4.5. Don't except to see it in an up to date mod pack anytime soon. Get the hell over it.

Still I wouldn't call IC2 'dead' just a little on the slow side.

Depends how you define "dead".

IC2 is no longer being developed, just updated to newer versions of Minecraft. There's no new features coming, and quite possibly no new bugfixes either.

I would, just look at what RichardG has to say about it:

"Many claim that gregtech is maintaining IC2. That is semi true, we'll continue updating as long as possible, but Alblaka disappeared out of the blue, and the fact that it's longer than his previous university breaks makes me worried. Be happy with your boats and cable painting, me and Player aren't in it for the creativity."

Still I wouldn't call IC2 'dead' just a little on the slow side.

I'd say when the last update good enough for public release was 1.4.5 it's dead.

What's going on now is people dragging the corpse around and pretending it's alive, like Weekend at Bernies only they actually believe he isn't dead instead of just trying to convince others.

Perhaps I just don't want to rewrite my master scheme for the ultimate infinitely self expanding, self maintaining, completely automated, world eating super base.

Perhaps dead is relative. If it's being maintained and will be updated to the next version of minecraft, then I can still use it in my plans as is. Not everything needs new features regularly to be useful. But if there are no plans for a stable release in the near future then I can rewrite my plans around it.