Several mod issues with Hexxit.

Zilacon

I want to make a few things clear for those who aren't Zilacon, worst human being. I take the lag issues very seriously and the crash issues very seriously. I'm doing everything I can to seek a solution. That SAID, there's not much I can do about worldgen lag. If it's gonna be a problem, pregen your world. ESPECIALLY if you're running a large playercap server, you need to pregen your world. The BD-related lag which I think is due to AI flipping out, is a different matter, I take that very seriously, but don't come crying to me about worldgen lag. There's nothing I can do about it, and there's stuff you can do about it.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Pregenning the world would take days not to mention crash every single server i am hosting on my server because of it hogging up every bit of CPU and HDD IOPS i have.

2. Everyone launches my BUKKIT server with magic launcher, i encourage it. However those links do not work anymore because that bunch of links & mods was for MY OWN 1.5.2 TEKKIT SERVER!

You guys popped out TekkitMain when i actually finished my modpack an updated version of Tekkit Classic pretty much. So when you did this i figured why keep this server up anymore when i can just use tekkitmain?

So i did, if you try to go to those download links the files do not exist. I have been so busy FIXING SHIT on my tekkitmain and hexxit servers i have not had THE FUCKING TIME to fix that page and remove all the broken fucking links.

3. Your fucking attitude on this topic is pathetic cussing people out because "Oh he didn't pregen" or "Oh hes mad cause his server is crashing" Yes i am mad, and im not the only fucking one. According to every player that has come on my server pretty much 100% of hexxit servers crash every 10-20 minutes! I am not spouting bullshit i am spouting facts. And using the world border would defeat the ENTIRE FUCKING POINT OF THE MOD PACK TO EXPLORE!

1. Pregenning the world would take days not to mention crash every single server i am hosting on my server because of it hogging up every bit of CPU and HDD IOPS i have.

so it's supposed to go faster if you run the server live and have people connect in at the same time? I don't quite understand the argument here, seems like you need to revisit your logic rather than try to argue from baseless stats. if you haven't tried it, you wont know how long it takes. In addition, you could always pregen on an alternate CPU and continue to let people play on a smallish amount of generated terrain until then. There's lots of ways around the slow generation.

[citation needed]

Counter Citation: Played for about 4 hours on the default server jar with no crashes last night until all of us got tired. There are other problems (kitties on day 1?), but not as critical as crashing from what I've seen.

• Forum Administrators

I dont know if it has been mentioned in this thread yet, but Hexxit reallllyyyy isn't designed for 50+ player servers. Even 20+ players is pushing it. It's really about smaller groups of people joining up and adventuring together.

Yeah, genning a ton of chunks on a server while you're trying to run a game there sure does use a lot of CPU and HDD. Hmmm...

2. Everyone launches my BUKKIT server with magic launcher, i encourage it. However those links do not work anymore because that bunch of links & mods was for MY OWN 1.5.2 TEKKIT SERVER!

You guys popped out TekkitMain when i actually finished my modpack an updated version of Tekkit Classic pretty much. So when you did this i figured why keep this server up anymore when i can just use tekkitmain?

So i did, if you try to go to those download links the files do not exist. I have been so busy FIXING SHIT on my tekkitmain and hexxit servers i have not had THE FUCKING TIME to fix that page and remove all the broken fucking links.

Please explain exactly what the point of that page was, in detail. I'm glad to hear you're not using it to do incredibly shady bullshit ANYMORE. EDIT: SHIT HE WAS BANNED

3. Your fucking attitude on this topic is pathetic cussing people out because "Oh he didn't pregen" or "Oh hes mad cause his server is crashing" Yes i am mad, and im not the only fucking one. According to every player that has come on my server pretty much 100% of hexxit servers crash every 10-20 minutes! I am not spouting bullshit i am spouting facts. And using the world border would defeat the ENTIRE FUCKING POINT OF THE MOD PACK TO EXPLORE!

I don't think I've ever said "oh hes mad cause his server is crashing" or anything like that. But fuck yes I'll say "you didn't pregen". How could a server with 70 players all genning chunks simultaneously even THEORETICALLY work out? If the answer is "it couldn't", then the answer to your problem is A. pregen chunks or B. maybe 70 players is too big for a hexxit server where the admin isn't willing to pregen chunks.

100% of hexxit servers don't crash every 10-20 minutes, we've been running an open list hexxit server with 10-20 players logged in since launch with no real crashing to speak of. 100% of hexxit servers that gen a fucked up chunk crash every time the chunk loads, which with 70 players is almost certainly every 10-20 minutes IF your map gets jacked. I feel for people with this issue, because it's a nag and I'm working actively to fix it. But sitting around on your couch going ":( hexxit crashes" after you've been offered solutions is lazy horseshit and maybe you shouldn't be running a 70 player server for cash if that's going to be your response.

CanVox I'd just like to award you with this medal of honor for your value and effort in the battlefield.... Dear god these people...

As for Pregenning, I do have a question: How do I pregen?... I'm on a low population private server but I do want to reduce lag.

This thread is full of delicious tears. Sounds like OP is upset he can't take the latest awesome modpack and mass-sell it to his players and keep riding the cash cow.

So much for my daily dose of entertainment.

But seriously, the only time my Hexxit server crashed was when I accidentally deleted the pocket dimension I was standing in. (For real, don't try that shit.)

Also, as for pre-generation, the plugin WorldBorder for Bukkit/MCPC+ appears to be working fine, generates chunks while the server is running, took me about 6 hours to generate 10.000x10.000 blocks.