Which mods in Technic are not "allowed" to be in Technic?

The reason I ask is because I was thinking about doing some donations soon and wanted to make sure I donated to the modders who aren't okay with Technic as somewhat of a peace offering.

Also, I understand the sensitivity of this issue of Technic being "illegal" (read: "called illegal") and how much butt hurt and flames this can cause, that being said I carefully nudge this question forward and hope for the best. Mods, obviously you don't have to have my permission but, if you think this sort of thing shouldn't be discussed feel free to lock this thing and sweep it under a rug.

I know BTW isn't okay with it, but BTW also isn't in Technic. So... Yeah. Also, about giving a fuck and if the mod is good, yes, I agree. I was curious though because if mod x, say, IC2, wasn't okay with it and I liked them as much as mod y, but mod y was okay, I would prioritize that mod over the other.

That being said, as in after I typed it out and read it, it seems kind of silly. Donations to good mods regardless of if they care sounds like a good plan.

I am still curious though, I think Forestry is one of the mods whose author isn't okay with it, but I don't know for sure.

Mods, obviously you don't have to have my permission but, if you think this sort of thing shouldn't be discussed feel free to lock this thing and sweep it under a rug.

Not needed, the mods here will quickly lock and whale box (or recycle) topics that are not allowed. They will also make funny post before they do. ^_^

From what I heard modders against technic will just tell you (or at least told kakermix) to keep his dirty money.

I think that whole "illegal" modpack isn't of much butt hurt anymore. It's just part of the history of the pack and is mostly a none issue. You can look about the forums and find some discussion of if the pack is truly illegal and some history, and likely some Kellers getting punished too.

Just donate to the mods you like like jakj said, most the people still bitter at the pack will likely just decline the donation or send you a rant about how the pack is bad.

Also Flower Child and his BTW get brought up because they are the poster child of the anti-technic movement. (And yes the back did not get permission originally and there was a rather "heated" letter from kakermiix in it.)

How Technic was born (a rendition told from what SimpleGuy knows, which can be far off. Because I don't think I payed attention when Kaker told me. History isn't my strong subject. Characters that seem similar to real persons are mere coincidence):

CakerMix: Oh goody! Oh gee ExpensiveShot, look at all these cool mods! Oh gee whittikers! I'm going to throw them into my minecraft and make them work!

ExpensiveShot: Oh boy! We should share with our SA brethren! It'll be the coolest secret for ever! You're the best CakerMix!

CakerMix: I know. *posts*

RedXephos/HoneyDue: Look at this on SA, let's make a video on it!

*hundreds of thousands of views later*

Crowd: WE DAEMAND DEH PACK! +1 :diamond: :diamond: :diamond:

CakerMix: Ok, here it is.

Silly Mod Makers: No, my $3.95 in ad.fly revenue! I hate Technic because now there's 100,000 people telling their 500,000 friends about my mod! And now there's 100,000 people donating me money. F*** you, CakerMix.

Awesome Mod Makers: I didn't OK it initially which bothers me, but in hindsight it's OK. I wish you asked us first CakerMix.

That story warmed my soul... :) I think I actually have an old version of Technic laying around on my old computer, old read as it as BTW in it. I had to have it after I saw Yogscast's video, and I realized that BTW wasn't going to be in it so I might should hold on to it, not that I ever used it but you get the point I think.

Ranodm side note, didn't yogscast start as a guild on WoW YOGS which stood for "ye olde goon squad," so essentially early yognaughts are goons instead of derping derp derp 12 year olds?

That story warmed my soul... :) I think I actually have an old version of Technic laying around on my old computer, old read as it as BTW in it. I had to have it after I saw Yogscast's video, and I realized that BTW wasn't going to be in it so I might should hold on to it, not that I ever used it but you get the point I think.

Ranodm side note, didn't yogscast start as a guild on WoW YOGS which stood for "ye olde goon squad," so essentially early yognaughts are goons instead of derping derp derp 12 year olds?

BINGO! That is correct. The NOW modpack and Skylands were also goon made.

SirSengir the guy who does forestry doesn't seem to like us too much and his mod is pretty decent. A good place to start? I'd rather people send money to the modders who's mods they really like rather then some kind of attempt to mend bridges. If donations were going to fix rifts they'd be fixed by now.

Does anyone know how much USD is made for every 1 click on the adfly link? My guess is like half of a penny besides their mod isn't really -Their- mod and correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't it use 90% of Minecraft's code?

Does anyone know how much USD is made for every 1 click on the adfly link? My guess is like half of a penny besides their mod isn't really -Their- mod and correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't it use 90% of Minecraft's code?

AFAIK Adfly doesn't check where it links to?

Most mods use almost none of Minecraft's code. They just link into it.

Mods are usually either:

1) Changes to Minecraft's code (meaning different)

2) Replacement plugins to parts of Minecraft's code (meaning new)

Some mod authors do get lazy and copy/paste parts of Minecraft's code into their mods (and there are places in your code where it's really hard to not do this), but usually that isn't the case.

I remember when I first heard about adfly I was like, oh cool! Now modders/Texturers can get money for making their stuff because MC forums is bratty 8 year olds who didn't ask their parents permission first before getting online. Then I read how much money they actually get from it and how stingy some people are about it... but I guess it is the most sure fire way to make money off of your stuff without outright selling it (against TOS I'd bet) so I can understand their situation. But adfly though... ugh. Ads in general. The whole idea of "DERP LETS TRICK PEOPLE AND GIVE THEM MALWARE/SEND THEM SPAM" doesn't really make me feel warm inside like that story did a few posts up.

SirSengir the guy who does forestry doesn't seem to like us too much and his mod is pretty decent. A good place to start? I'd rather people send money to the modders who's mods they really like rather then some kind of attempt to mend bridges. If donations were going to fix rifts they'd be fixed by now.

I saw where Sengir will reject any donation that is from a Technic user. This dude has a serious Ego problem. believe me I've been on the wrong end of it for a while now.

I have an adf.ly account and for one file I got 10,000 views and they sent me $8.41 so that equals $0.000841 per view. its nothing.

so 100000 views would be $84.10, I dont know why they get so upset about lossing 2 buck.

and modders always say there going to come after modpack creators and sue. a retainer for a normal lawyer cost $5000.00, why spent that to protect $84.00, thats why it never happens

Railcraft is kinda boring at the start (when you need to get coal coke and stuff) but, it becomes really really fun It would be even better if we had Steves Carts

I fine myself wanting to make an insane roller coaster with it. The start up does look boring but making a TNT cart cannon looks like a blast (hahaha Bad pun.)

We weren't sure we liked railcraft at first but it's really grown on us.

And why would that be? Because another mod is out of the way :P Terribly unfortunate turn of events. You know what they say, hasta la vista, that's life.

Rail-craft is really awesome though, honestly. I find myself wanting to make some sort of mechanical logic system with it like a really basic ALU.

Maybe that's why people call me a nerd...

Now that Sengir is out of the pack, I guess go for CovertJag. We weren't sure we liked railcraft at first but it's really grown on us.

covert isn't really angry about it anymore, just dissaproves. That should make it pretty easy to mend those gaps. A ton of people get the idea Covert HATES technic when he says he doesn't help technic users, but he just means that he is tired of having to deal with problems that weren't caused by him, and he has to attempt to solve them.

Now that Sengir is out of the pack, I guess go for CovertJag. We weren't sure we liked railcraft at first but it's really grown on us.

I never really messed with it because I found building 2 or 3 types of furnaces annoying. All though, I really want to play with that big driller.

I never really messed with it because I found building 2 or 3 types of furnaces annoying. All though, I really want to play with that big driller.

Especially now when you can "link" multiple carts together and let them interact together. For example, the tunnel bore now puts the mined resources into a chest cart and it also takes coal, gravel and rails out of carts it's linked to.

Also you can make more realistic trains and not some loose carts pushing eachother.