Let's Test Tekkit 1.1.10!

CanVox

Hey, everyone,

I've just promoted Tekkit 1.1.10 to Latest. This is a minor version update over 1.1.9- we've updated Applied Energistics and QuantumCraft, and reconfigured QCraft ores to spawn in existing worlds.

If you're interested in helping test, back up your worlds (SSP or server) and set your launcher up to use the "Latest" build, or manually select version 1.1.10. Play with us and report issues in this thread!

The 1.1.10 server can be downloaded here:http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/servers/tekkitmain/Tekkit_Server_v1.1.10.zip

Changelog for Tekkit 1.1.10 (changed since 1.1.8)-

- Added qCraft 1.0.1. New quantum ore generated at lower depths, even on existing maps. See www.qcraft.org for more info.

- Updated Applied Energistics to version 13.c.

- Fixed an issue which caused an ID mismatch with Basic Components. 1.1.9 worlds may not load properly, but 1.1.8 worlds will now load correctly.

- The server package now comes pre-packaged with FML satellite libs to reduce server load for our friends at Forge.

Do you plan on updating to 1.6 soon?

The main obstacle is Thermal Expansion, which is currently in heavy development for 1.6. I predict less than a month. (But for all I know it could be tomorrow, or just as easily June 18th 2036, so don't quote me on that. :P)

The main obstacle is Thermal Expansion, which is currently in heavy development for 1.6. I predict it will be released when it's done.

I fixed that for you :P Whenever I read that question when I was doing dev work it was an automatic response. Someone should copyright it, they'd make a fortune.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go see if algorithm fixed that annoying problem I have with quantum bridges and dimdoors *scurries off* Oh, and thanks for the update CanVox.

No, probably not. You'd just need the converter block ("Redstone Flux Engine"?) KL said he would include in between your conduits and your quarry. The changes might be significant enough to warrant map resets and a 2.x version of the pack, but I see no need for a whole new pack.

Granted I'll always play the latest version whatever that is, but I can see why having a new pack would probably be a good idea. It would allow both players and server owners to play the version of the pack we have right now without the added complication of having to specify a version rather than a separate pack. It would all depend on how much of a change has to happen here. If it's a relatively minor addition of another energy source plus converters I don't think one would be needed. But hasn't Galacticraft expanded quite a bit since the version we have in Tekkit?

That would be terrible, a lot of people suffered the change from IndustrialCraft power Battery boxes to BuildCraft Engines. Changing the Power System again and adding unnecesary converters means only a mess to new players trying to figure out ''Why can't i simply plug one thing into the other'' Tekkit is as complicated as it gets, Craft 20 items in 5 Different Machines to get what you need.

Galacticraft has gained a lot of new content in 1.6, such as Mars. They've also added solar panels, a more powerful rocket required to reach Mars, and space food, but it's not a game changer. Servers already say [1.1.10] in the title, no reason why they can't say [2.0.0].

That would be terrible, a lot of people suffered the change from IndustrialCraft power Battery boxes to BuildCraft Engines. Changing the Power System again and adding unnecesary converters means only a mess to new players trying to figure out ''Why can't i simply plug one thing into the other'' Tekkit is as complicated as it gets, Craft 20 items in 5 Different Machines to get what you need.

You realize that it's not up to CanVox if the power system changes? And why are you upset that tekkit is more complicated? That's the whole point of Tekkit.

What we really need is a mod that makes things more complicated. Any ideas?

You dont need a new mod to make things complicated. Just build everything around BC and you will get complicated. :D

Am atm building a autmated production facility with BC, Rednet, TE's Cyclic Assembler and Computercraft. Just type in what you wanna build and the quantity in a computer and it will automatic be buildt. :) Am in an early stage but as far as I can see its possible to add all recipe. When its done its gonna be MC version of ENIAC :P

I really liked factorization in tekkit lite. Makes ore processing more complex, but get to triple your ores! But I'm not sure why it was removed from the new Tekkit, there was probably a reason.

I think it was because very few people used anything other than the barrels. Those alone were reason enough tho keep the mod, and I wish it hadn't been removed.

You dont need a new mod to make things complicated. Just build everything around BC and you will get complicated. :D

Am atm building a autmated production facility with BC, Rednet, TE's Cyclic Assembler and Computercraft. Just type in what you wanna build and the quantity in a computer and it will automatic be buildt. :) Am in an early stage but as far as I can see its possible to add all recipe. When its done its gonna be MC version of ENIAC :P

That sounds amazing! :D

I think it was because very few people used anything other than the barrels. Those alone were reason enough tho keep the mod, and I wish it hadn't been removed.

Well with MFR barrels are replaced with deep storage unit. The thing i missed was the ore processing. I had a sweet automatic system in tekkit lite, oh well 2x isnt that bad :P

I am currently trying the 1.1.10 with a few friend and i think there might be an issue with the world gen of oil. Where oil should be it is water. In case it would have been a texture pack issue i tried picking up some of it and the item picked up was water bucket.

Well with MFR barrels are replaced with deep storage unit. The thing i missed was the ore processing. I had a sweet automatic system in tekkit lite, oh well 2x isnt that bad :P

Well, The deep storage unit has a similar function, but it isn't a replacement.