Stop quarry from drawing energy when done?

Teraku

I've set up a few quarry systems, and they're working pretty great so far. The problem is, the quarries keep slurping up energy after they're done. Is there any way to stop them from doing this, like making the quarry give off a redstone signal once it's done?

Redstone signal is simple enough, redstone pipe between quarry and chest/tesseract. Once quarry starts chewing into stuff, connect the redstone pipe to your energy tesseract, via rednet cable, and have the tesseract set to operate on high signal, so a partial redstone signal turns it off. Simple solution.

Thanks guys, managed to find a good solution. Used Redstone pipe and a signal lengthener, so the engines keep running as long as there's items in the pipes. To start the quarry up, I just use an Obsidian Transport Pipe and throw a block of cobble in there or something.

If you use BC pipes put a gate on the conductive pipe closesed to the quarry. Config the gate:

"Work Done" - "Red Pipe Signal" or "Redstone signal"

Use pipewire or rednet to connect the engines and the gate.

If pipewire config the gates on the engines to send a redstone signal when reciving a pipewire signal.

If you use rednet cable connect the rednet cable between the gate on the quarry and the engines and config the engines to turn off when getting a redstone signal.

For ME put a sandstone pipe (sandstone gate doesnt attatch itself to the quarry and no blocks will go out from the quarry throu the pipe) on the quarry with a gate on it. Config the gate:

"Work Done" - "Redstone signal" and connect the gate with the engines using rednetcable and config the engines to turn off when getting a redstone signal.