Why build a space station or go to the moon?

Huey The God

I live in a spacestation, for many reasons. 1. adds alittle more difficulty to survival mode as you have to watch for air too. 2 monsters cant spawn there, so no worries of a creeper blowing up your stuff and 3. it is a small area and since nothing can spawn there on larger servers it keep the tps high 4, people cant get there without your permission (if you have issues with that)

Reason #5. Because you can.

Space stations are nice for making secure research labs. Only those you want to go there, can see what your working on.

The moon just gives you a much more challenging arena to work in. Especially during the LONG moon nights. Lots of mobs to fight and a few bosses to be found.

Well you just engaged in an alternate form of showing off. I realized just how much my designs suck... still building boxes and domes over my stuff... that's amazing Tony... Give us a photo tour? :D

I personally build for the sake of it. But yes I agree that if you're not battling other players assorted ass-hattery there's not much "benefit."

The station I can not take credit for, it was a template I modded for my own purpose,(I am the server admin and fix all issues, I figured I was allowed a hollow shell give-me) I am not a very Creative in Architecture. I am more the engineer type. I am good at is all the stuff in it, I have a logistic system unlike anything I have ever seen before, I can auto craft almost everything I want right from the bare resources. I have a mining system that takes it straight from ores to blocks without any interaction from me. I have 2 particle accelerators that run 24/7, I am solo generating more power then the server could ever use

The station I can not take credit for, it was a template I modded for my own purpose,(I am the server admin and fix all issues, I figured I was allowed a hollow shell give-me) I am not a very Creative in Architecture. I am more the engineer type. I am good at is all the stuff in it, I have a logistic system unlike anything I have ever seen before, I can auto craft almost everything I want right from the bare resources. I have a mining system that takes it straight from ores to blocks without any interaction from me. I have 2 particle accelerators that run 24/7, I am solo generating more power then the server could ever use

When I first started Tekkit, I thought Galactic Craft(GC) was the worst mod they could have added.

But after seeing that. My god it was beautiful. It makes me want to go back and get on GC ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem and now my architect plays BF3 (That bastard :) ) so Im just digging myself down when I need new space cause I'm totaly lost when it comes building eyecandy. :)

I'd love to know the setup you have for the automated process

I've become a huge fan of the Matter Energy mod, but I understand you can accomplish much of the same thing with logistics pipes. How are you getting persistent air in the space station? I had a hell of a time getting trees to grow. I eventually just thought the mod was broken, but obviously not.

Trees are funny in space, took me a little to figure out why. you cannot allow the saplings to touch the vacuum of space (automated planted saplings are ok) otherwise their id changes and you can tell because it says it needs 4 blocks of water to grow, so as long as your not holding it in your hand when you first put it into your system your fine, then just automate them like you would on the surface.

Jesus Christ Tony that's one epic spacestation. GfuckingG.

Gonna do that next I guess, since I'm kinda done with earth...

logistic systems are your friends, the logistics pipes can see inside almost everything and with the right pipes you can refill, collect and even store into various minecraft block types

this is the best video for starting logistics http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5BPGg3RpJI.

But isn't it a pain to wait so long for the items you request in such a big base? Isn't it better to use Applied Energistics then?

And what's that huge red thing on top of your base? Never used the mod that's from...

is 10 secs long? hmm never really noticed, some items can take a little longer when there are multiple stages to be built but I just plan what I am doing accordingly, I am ok with waiting a few sec in exchange for not having to need storage for all items needed just to save myself a few seconds. that is all personal preference though. as for the ring that is 2 particle accelerators making antimatter they comes from atomic science

But isn't it a pain to wait so long for the items you request in such a big base? Isn't it better to use Applied Energistics then?

And what's that huge red thing on top of your base? Never used the mod that's from...

Yes and no. If you run pipes all throughout then yes it will take a while for items to move around. But fortunately you can use (or at least could use in 1.1.x) Tesserects and Phazed transport pipes to span long distances.