Emeralds?!?!?!?!?!??

Bluewolf7979

Ok so I've been searching for 2-3 hours for emeralds. Every biome i pass by I look it up on biomes o plenty wiki to see if it has emeralds. So far, all the ones that have said "yes" i've looked and can't find any. It's very frustrating. Everytime I see a peridot from ProjRed I get so excited until I realize it's not an emerald. What's going on here? Is the Wiki false? Is Emerald just not spawning like the other ores and follows it's "natural" spawning? I also can't find any villages to make an emerald farm so I'm kinda stuck. I might just start using the cheat mode and exchange 2 Peridot for 1 emerald! Please help!

They are rare, probably the rarest gem in worldspawn, so it's not a huge surprise.  In vanilla MC they spawn at a rate of something like 1 to every 100 diamonds, but in B-Team it's close to the vanilla diamond spawn rate.

Remember you can pick them up with a silk touch pick and use a pulverizer to double the amount, or trade with villagers (by far the easiest way to get them).

I have found the easiest way to get emeralds is to spawn and melt down villagers in a smeltery. It is a bit slow but a lot easier then scouring biomes for a few emeralds. After about a week of playing on occasion I have a few blocks of emerald. 

How do you "Smelt down" a villager?

I have a little setup that I show off a bit here:

Basically you use a Minefactory Reloaded auto-spawner with a villager safari net, and have those guys happily jump into a Tinkers Construct Smeltery. You need to make sure the smeltery has some type of liquid in it for them to bathe in, I used a gold nugget.

Edited by darkphan

That seems like a lot of work. Im just using a vanilla villager spawner setup, some redstone, and water. They spawn, grow up, and then swim to their doom. Its the same setup that GenerikB has. Check one of his early videos on the mod pack for details.

That seems like a lot of work. Im just using a vanilla villager spawner setup, some redstone, and water. They spawn, grow up, and then swim to their doom. Its the same setup that GenerikB has. Check one of his early videos on the mod pack for details.

It was a lot of work, but it was also fun to setup and watch, and it is fast.

I do it a little more manually. Standard setup of an iron golem farm near my smeltery(for the villagers though not the iron), and then i check for ones with good trades. The ones that don't make the trade cut I just snag with the entity mover and drop them in the smeltery.

I've had the same issue with finding emeralds in any of the biomes'o'plenty areas that are supposed to have them. I did finally find a regular old extreme hills biome and came across several in an abandoned mineshaft there.

It was a lot of work, but it was also fun to setup and watch, and it is fast.

Oh yea I know its a fast setup. Just the resources it takes to continue producing villagers isnt cheap. Good fast or cheap. Mines good and cheap while yours is fast and good.

• 1 month later...