【Hexplore-It Modpack 】〖TechnicSolder〗Creates a beautiful and DANGEROUS world that begs to be explored!!! (。◕‿◕。)

mine_my_own_bizz

At the request of player bluesugar/drkittyjones... here is a copy of his post from the Minecraft Forums. Enjoy it Hexplorers!

So our Hexplore-It server is now open for business! The address is minekats.mcph.co and please stop by to say hello and do some exploring :D We have had mine_my_own_bizz with us for a few nights, and it was great chatting with him about this awesome compilation. Please be aware that the server is new, and may not have 100% of all of the amenities as the "big boys" (and there are a few kinks to still be worked out), but we have almost all of the expected features, such as grief prevention and /kits! Feel free to stop by our website as well @ www.minekats.enjin.com!

Hi all! As mine_my_own_bizz mentioned, our server minekats.mcph.co is live and open for business! While we may not have all of the amenities as the "big boys" (and as this is the first server I have set up and run for more than just my close friends), we have just about everything you could need for a fun, grief free experience playing Hexplore-It with other people. We would love to have you, so come on by and say hello!  You may also sign up on our website @ www.minekats.enjin.com :D.  Thanks!

Edited by drkittyjones

Ok everyone here is the deal...

MinecraftUniverse/ TrueMU / Jason, you know the youtuber with 2.2+ MILLION subscribers?!?! would like you, the Hexplore-It players to help him out...

He and I would like your help coming up with ideas for the next portion of the Hexplore-It series' episodes. What to do, where to go, and what to build? This would greatly assist him in getting out more episodes of the modpack we all love faster. So let's get a list going, what would you like to see in the upcoming episodes of this series?

Aaand go!

Edited by mine_my_own_bizz

I normally avoid minecraft lpers so I don't really have much help I can give to him other then suggest he make a beeline towards getting full tartarite armor, tinker tools, and tinker weapons and all the heart canisters he can get.

edit: maybe raid every possible dungeon in the modpack to show them all off?

Edited by Nefzen

I normally avoid minecraft lpers so I don't really have much help I can give to him other then suggest he make a beeline towards getting full tartarite armor, tinker tools, and tinker weapons and all the heart canisters he can get.

edit: maybe raid every possible dungeon in the modpack to show them all off?

Thank you for the response! keep the ideas coming people, the more the merrier! :D

I'd just like to start by saying, thank you, to mine_my_own_bizz for putting together such an awesome pack.  I've been playing it with a few friends for about a week now and one of the things that I was wondering was if anyone has taken the time to generate full enviromine custom configs or not.  Looking at it I was thinking that, at the least, all of the drinkables from Pam's Harvest Craft should be added to help with hydration.  Beyond that ice cream should cool you off, soup, hot chocolate, coffee, and tea should warm you up, maybe alcoholic beverages could help you keep your sanity (just like real life! :P).  In any case I have started on the process of generating the configs and just wanted to make sure that someone else hadn't already done it and would be willing to share their files before I end up doing the whole thing myself.  Also, if/when I do get the configs made myself I will be happy to share them with anyone who's interested so let me know.

For the video series it would be neat to see some playthrough of Ancient Warfare and maybe Millenaire, hopefully coming up with some interesting ways to apply those mods (especially ancient warfare) to the problem of hexploring all of the dungeons, ruins, castles, and caves.  

[EDIT] Oh, one thing I did forget to mention regarding your server package: it's missing Not Enough Items and NEI plugins and addons.  Not a huge deal and easy enough to fix, but it does cause NEI to not work quite as smooth as usual (I had problems with the buttons for gamemode, setting the time, etc. not showing up in my inventory screen until I installed NEI on the server).

Edited by wokmage

I'd just like to start by saying, thank you, to mine_my_own_bizz for putting together such an awesome pack.  I've been playing it with a few friends for about a week now and one of the things that I was wondering was if anyone has taken the time to generate full enviromine custom configs or not.  Looking at it I was thinking that, at the least, all of the drinkables from Pam's Harvest Craft should be added to help with hydration.  Beyond that ice cream should cool you off, soup, hot chocolate, coffee, and tea should warm you up, maybe alcoholic beverages could help you keep your sanity (just like real life! :P).  In any case I have started on the process of generating the configs and just wanted to make sure that someone else hadn't already done it and would be willing to share their files before I end up doing the whole thing myself.  Also, if/when I do get the configs made myself I will be happy to share them with anyone who's interested so let me know.

For the video series it would be neat to see some playthrough of Ancient Warfare and maybe Millenaire, hopefully coming up with some interesting ways to apply those mods (especially ancient warfare) to the problem of hexploring all of the dungeons, ruins, castles, and caves.  

[EDIT] Oh, one thing I did forget to mention regarding your server package: it's missing Not Enough Items and NEI plugins and addons.  Not a huge deal and easy enough to fix, but it does cause NEI to not work quite as smooth as usual (I had problems with the buttons for gamemode, setting the time, etc. not showing up in my inventory screen until I installed NEI on the server).

Thank you for all the feedback and props! Your environmine idea sounds great. I'm not quite sure that it is possible via the configs but TBH I haven't had the time to delve much deeper than superficially to get the last update running well.

As far as the server package, I guess I was thinking NEI was a client-side mod so I didn't need to add it. Will fix that next update. Thanks. 

for the LP ideas: raid only 1 big dungeon/ castle that is on the surface. With Ancient warfares siege weapons.

Thank you for the idea, will pass it along.

Minekats has now been migrated to a new & more powerful server. Public and Non-Whitelisted! Please join us for some awesome Hexplore-it fun @ 192.99.45.202.25626. We are up and running with grief prevention, voting for diamonds, our website @ www.minekats.enjin.com and so much more!

Edited by drkittyjones

Thank you for all the feedback and props! Your environmine idea sounds great. I'm not quite sure that it is possible via the configs but TBH I haven't had the time to delve much deeper than superficially to get the last update running well.

As far as the server package, I guess I was thinking NEI was a client-side mod so I didn't need to add it. Will fix that next update. Thanks. 

Thank you for the idea, will pass it along.

I encountered enviromine for the first time in a modpack before this one and it had the configs setup so that some Pam's foods would affect temp/hydration etc, nice addition. Kind of threw me off when i was trying smooties in your pack to cool down and it wasnt working lol.

I am not sure if there are specific configs out there somewhere that someone can just grab or if you would have to add all the files yourself, honestly just started looking into it today heh. 

But good pack you have here, having fun with it thus far.

I encountered enviromine for the first time in a modpack before this one and it had the configs setup so that some Pam's foods would affect temp/hydration etc, nice addition. Kind of threw me off when i was trying smooties in your pack to cool down and it wasnt working lol.

I am not sure if there are specific configs out there somewhere that someone can just grab or if you would have to add all the files yourself, honestly just started looking into it today heh. 

But good pack you have here, having fun with it thus far.

That sounds really cool. Do you happen to remember what modpack you were playing then? I will check that out for sure, for the next update.

That sounds really cool. Do you happen to remember what modpack you were playing then? I will check that out for sure, for the next update.

It was EpicCraft on the FTB launcher. In comparing folders a bit, it looks like it adds config files in the enviromine/customproperties folder. 

I zipped up the enviromine config folder from that pack and uploaded it here, 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lhgbxmss1pq0uj1/enviromine.zip

File is safe but i understand if you dont want to download that heh, so like i said just grab the mod pack from FTB and check it out yourself.

Here is a quick snippet for comparison and you can see the config effects, this is pulled from the fluids config, you can see where the smoothie will affect temp and both affect hydration.

"Strawberry Soda" {
        I:01.ID=16314
        I:02.Damage=0
        B:"03.Enable Ambient Temperature"=false
        D:"04.Ambient Temperature"=0.0
        D:"05.Ambient Air Quality"=0.0
        D:"06.Ambient Santity"=0.0
        D:"07.Effect Temperature"=0.0
        D:"08.Effect Air Quality"=0.0
        D:"09.Effect Sanity"=0.05
        D:"10.Effect Hydration"=1.0
        D:"11.Effect Temperature Cap"=37.0
    }

####################
    # Melon Smoothie
    #===================
    # 
    ####################

"Melon Smoothie" {
        I:01.ID=15280
        D:"07.Effect Temperature"=-0.2
        D:"09.Effect Sanity"=0.0
        D:"10.Effect Hydration"=0.8
        D:"11.Effect Temperature Cap"=34.0
    }

On the flip side, it also has files that have negative affects too such as affecting hydration, for example the bigger foods will affect hydration more and what not, this is pulled from the feast file,

"Delighted Meal" {
        I:01.ID=15493
        D:"09.Effect Sanity"=4.0
        D:"10.Effect Hydration"=-10.0
    }

It was EpicCraft on the FTB launcher. In comparing folders a bit, it looks like it adds config files in the enviromine/customproperties folder. 

I zipped up the enviromine config folder from that pack and uploaded it here, 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lhgbxmss1pq0uj1/enviromine.zip

File is safe but i understand if you dont want to download that heh, so like i said just grab the mod pack from FTB and check it out yourself.

Here is a quick snippet for comparison and you can see the config effects, this is pulled from the fluids config, you can see where the smoothie will affect temp and both affect hydration.

"Strawberry Soda" {

I:01.ID=16314

D:"09.Effect Sanity"=0.05

D:"10.Effect Hydration"=1.0

}

####################

# Melon Smoothie

#===================

# 

####################

"Melon Smoothie" {

I:01.ID=15280

D:"07.Effect Temperature"=-0.2

D:"09.Effect Sanity"=0.0

D:"10.Effect Hydration"=0.8

D:"11.Effect Temperature Cap"=34.0

}

On the flip side, it also has files that have negative affects too such as affecting hydration, for example the bigger foods will affect hydration more and what not, this is pulled from the feast file,

"Delighted Meal" {

I:01.ID=15493

D:"09.Effect Sanity"=4.0

D:"10.Effect Hydration"=-10.0

}

You rock, I will check this out when I get a chance. I had an accident that involved my $1.5K laptop and 16oz of coffee :(

***FYI Everyone***
I spilled about 16oz of coffee on my laptop that I use for everything, so I will be sending it in for repair (glad I bought that accident warranty, WOOT!)

I won't be able to respond as much and as promptly as usual, so please bare with me.

Edited by mine_my_own_bizz

• 4 weeks later...

I finally pushed the v1.07 update (changelog below). I edited the OP to reflect the changes, I really, really, REALLY need to get the video section updated soon though. There are literally hundreds of Hexplore-It videos on Youtube and more and more being posted everyday. I can't wait to begin working on the 1.7.10 version as soon as I am able.

VERSION 1.07

>Added NEI stuffs I forgot last update to Server files.
>Removed the Plant Mega Pack blueberry muffin recipe due to client crash.
>Removed Brown Crystal stuffs recipes.
>Gravestones can now spawn anywhere to stop loss of items on snow.
>Environmine configs edited to add cooling, heating, better modded item support, etc... Basically all leaves clean air, all flowers help insanity, hot things, i.e... furnaces, crushers, etc... affect body temperature. Smoothies, ice cream etc... cool you.
>No more of that craptastic stacking food.
>Disabled various vanity blocks due to duplicate recipes.
>Tripling ores is now possible. :D
>Added Lycanites mobs to Doom-like Dungeons..
>Added 32x coral reefs
>Added Chisel Design Pack by Wreckage to Carpenter Blocks.
>Added Kaevator Wallpaper Tile Design Pack to Carpenter Blocks.
>Can't smelt steel dust without the smeltery, if modtweaker was working with Minetweaker3 TiC's Smeltery would be the only way. lolol
>Added new wubz to the title screen.
>Radio stations added.

^BetterAnvil 3.0.10
^Carpenter'sBlocks v3.2.8
^DoomlikeDungeon 1.4.0
^DragonAPI v25z
^DyeTrees v25z
^EnviroMine v1.1.88
^GeoStrata v25z
^MagicalCrops 3.2.0_BETA_23
^MineTweaker3 3.0.8B
^SpiceOfLife 1.1.1
^TiCTooltips 1.1.10
^WailaHarvestability 1.1.0

+DynamicLights 1.6.4
+ExpandedRedstone v25z
+JAMI 1.0.13.122
+NotEnoughCodecs-0.1
+RedstonePaste 1.5.1

-NetherX 1.3

Did you update the server files ?

I m getting a "Bad Login" message when trying to connect to my server with your server files.

*****Nevermind****

Seems I some how manged to run Hexplore-It without being logged in correctly :P

Edited by nvrsbr

Did you update the server files ?

I m getting a "Bad Login" message when trying to connect to my server with your server files.

*****Nevermind****

Seems I some how manged to run Hexplore-It without being logged in correctly :P

Bad login just means that either you logged in elsewhere while the Technic Launcher was open, just close the launcher totally and relog and you will be good.

As for server files... Technically they are different since the pack has been updated to v1.07 but you can still use v1.06 worlds. This update wasn't that drastic.

• 2 weeks later...