The best mod for piping items, fluids, etc.

Entripic

Buildcraft is the most stable but is the oldest of the four. Thermal Expansion comes next, (most update to date, newest) but I have noticed a few glitches here and there.

Logistics Pipes is currently based off of Buildcraft but the developers are looking to make the mod independent.

agree with above post.  Logistic pipes give you the most control over item/fluid movement.  They are all the more powerful and effective, the more items that become available for them to move.

but: if your just moving one fluid, I would go with fluiducts if the volume is fairly low.(120mb/tick for water, and up too 360mb/tick for steam for example)  the extra utilities pipes can do the same thing though, but are able to move extremely high volumes at a time(upwards of 8,000mb/tick), with enough upgraded in them, but are also a bit more expensive to make.

if your just moving a single item type, BC pipes are easy to make.  same goes with itemducts.  BC is a little easier to set up, but item ducts can have connections turned off between them and other blocks.

also note, BC stuff, like the quarry, work best with BC pipes for moving items.  Thermal Expansion machines do not care what type of item/fluid piping you use.  The rest of the machines tend to act similar to TE stuff, as in don't mind wht type of pipe you use.

Edited by jakalth

If you mean efficient as in least taxing on servers, then probably what you want is Thermal Expansion with opaque itemducts. TE3 is designed with server performance as a high priority.

Oh, and Mekanism has item pipes too, but I don't know how good they are.

Edited by planetguy

+1 for Thermal Expansion Itemducts and Fluiducts.

Simple, straightforward, compact and easy to maintain. The TE stuff will probably be not the last network you build, but it should be the first one.

Don't forget the Crescent Hammer for fine tuning, and remember that you need to upgrade links with Pneumatic Servos to gain advanced options.

For me:

Thermal Expansion (3) for both (item and liquid) and then Applied Energetics for items. TE3 still for liquids.

EDIT:

I figuered that AE now can handle liquids (with an additional mod). I have not tried it, however, for me that would be end game goal...everything with AE. Nothing is so easy and comfortable.

At the beginning though, wenn AE is not yet an option, it is Buildcraft pipes for me (and TE3 of course, depending on what I need).

Edited by Roversword

as extra cells are now part of Tekkit Main, you can also use AE to move fluids.

I don't really know how demanding this is on the server performance...

but this way it's easy, as you just need to spread your ME-Network and forget about most other pipes...

You can as well use Tesseract to move an unlimited amount of liquid without connection.

That only works if the device the tesseract is hooked to auto ejects items/fluids from it.  A lot of things in tekkit do auto eject though, so doable.

Personally, I use BC pipes when starting out in SSP as they are the cheapest to make (but horribly slow, unless you use golden pipes which are expensive early-on). Then when I have collected some resources I upgrade to TE itemducts. Then when I have loads of certus quartz, I build an AE system.

AE systems are by far the best IMO.