Witch Killing - The How To

islands420

I know We all have had the One Player thats the Witch on your server

Id love to open this post topic on How you deal with Witches. 

Share Your ideas and strategies on the Best ways of attacks to deal with your Nasty Evil Witch! problem

Lets see how you melted the sucker to the ground!

If there's not two, there should be.  Apprentice yourself to them, get them to show you the ropes (and hopefully give you some stuff that'll save you a bunch of time and effort working up tiers).  Once you've done that, you can sell your protection services to others on the sly (various protection poppets work good but especially voodoo protection poppets).

If you remain buddies with the original Witch, you can simply contact them when you've been hired to do work, effectively ending up with a protection racket.  If not then you've got a whole sith thing going on instead, which is fun in its own right.

I can't help you if you won't help yourself though, muggle.

i 100% agree with you both , im just hoping we could figer out a way to do some other then a Witch on Witch battle would be super interesting and i understand that the witcheryMod is one of the OP mods in this pack, with all the ways of casting spells and teleporting capabilities its a tough fight

But imm sure there are ways with the other mods we can atleast do some good damage to the ol witch

maybe mechs ??, getting close enough to use genes on them ?

total shot in the dark but would love to see some sort of a Wizard mod in the pack to counter the EVIL Witchs

Edited by islands420

that "wizard" mod would probably be ars magica 2, if it were to be added, but unlikely unless the B-Team group pushes for it. The guns and mechs from flans still wont protect you from the witchery teleport. Vanilla gear won't be powerful enough. Tinkers' construct weapons could work quite well (Rapier) but you still have the issue of being able to hit the witch as well as not getting teleported to another location that makes it a pain to get to. 1v1 battles against witches seems to be simply out of the question if you have ever been taglocked before. A large group would probably be able to do much more damage to a witch but you would need to be coordinate with them, like an actual military assault team, and that takes time and practice to do so.

taglocks are pure evil lol, with the wise witch knowing about the ability to Get tag locks from the beds of players its been almost impossible to not get taged, we have pretty much gone bed less for now but its sucker to get thrown back to spawn naked when you die

army style works but the witch can just teleport him self to a safe spot in a different dimension 

the b-team group im sure would think about it..... they have there nasty witch problem lol

i got tho hope tho! im sure there are others waiting for the chance to burn a witch

Stealth, what stops the witch from also doing that, while having all their other advantages?

Actually attacking using witchery is difficult - they can be a hell of a nuisance but I'd start by removing their ability to hurt you as much as possible if you keep getting into direct confrontations.  The main attack that you should be concerned about is the teleporting you to some prepared area - in PvP if it's suddenly initiated when the other person has the advantage of preparation it's always going to be rough.  The only way to protect yourself from that I can think of is witchery poppets if they already have your taglocks.  They could even dig a pit on the moon or mars somewhere, cover it and teleport you there.  Restricting their taglock access is critical for defense.

Fighting back is difficult, if you've got a witch that knows their wandwork then they can slow and blind you - in a mod where everyone can fly one way or another this is a death sentence if they hit you.  Again because of the flying swords are difficult to use in PvP unless you're enclosed - you're not likely to be able to face a except witch on their own terms in an enclosed area unfortunately, so guns can be a big help (you'll need a sword for the event that they close in on you, but remember that they'll probably have the mobility advantage being able to spam slow spells from a wand then hit you easily with potions).  You can outnumber them, but what are the odds of your team sticking together?  If the witch feels pressured they may well recruit somebody to help them, are you sure everyone will stay loyal?  If you kill them they may have death protection poppets, and if they have a table they can monitor it for block updates and use a waystone to teleport themselves to safety automagically in dire circumstances.

Not every kind of bed lets witches get taglocks, so that trip to mars might not be so wasteful after all...

All of the above things require preparation - the witches power comes from preparing for every eventuality.  If you're more prepared than them in your own way, you have a good chance, if not then not.  This rule follows for PvP in pretty much anything, and willingly cutting yourself off from witchery magic cuts you out of access to a bunch of things you could have prepared for.

Well your all right. Flans mod doesn't have the damage dealing power. And if you could kill em thay would use death puppets. Tinker construct can deal damage but those damn death poppets!! You could go stealth steal thare stuff and remove thare witchin gear. Prepare for the battle before the battle if you know what i mean. Witch v witch would probably be the best way to kill em. Like sabotage the rites and stuff. Unce you do that go in with a giant army and kill em.

Edited by bear100000

Loader thanks for your amazing input

From everything I have seen n read about it's really looking like with out being a witch a 1v1 is totally out of the question, and the odds of even a 2 vs 1 are almost just as bad, army vs witch lol gotta start hiring soldiers !

Edited by islands420

Loader thanks for your amazing input

From everything I have seen n read about it's really looking like with out being a witch a 1v1 is totally out of the question, and the odds of even a 2 vs 1 are almost just as bad, army vs witch lol gotta start hiring soldiers !

Rise my minions this is the first step toward world domination!!!

I say, since I usually am the Witch on the servers, just try avoid getting on his/her bad side.  A way of keeping from getting messed with further would be give materials or making a business with the Witch.  This would make them fearful of mess with you, since they have a relationship, or a business with you that they would (hopefully) like to keep alive.

May you survive the Witchcraft, Filthy Peasents!   :laugh:

The way you guys are going about this is so complicated.

PvP is PvP.

Use your smallest morph.

Have death protection poppets in case they do as well.

Just keep hitting them.

If you want to, prepare with Taglocks.

I've never used guns, they're rather inaccurate and deal such low damage.

If you want to quickly get rid of their poppets, use a rapier.

Wand spells are unlikely to get you when you're flying around as a super small fish or whatever.

That's fine for PvP that happens unexpectedly in the wild - the biggest issue is the other ways a witch specifically can mess with you and their ability to avoid that exact situation with ease if they want (otherwhere infusion with a circle talisman and waystone prepared mean they can teleport past you somewhere hard to spot, set up a circle and leave before you can find them again).

If you haven't tried guns in PvP flying combat, you should (something not too inaccurate that does passable damage, the semi-auto assault rifles), simply don't let the other player get close enough to you - it shouldn't matter how much damage their sword does as even if you only hit them a few times before you screw up and they close in on you you're able to switch to your own sword with an advantage (although at the moment in B-Team it's mostly down to who has more hearts because of how crazy that can go).  If you chase them in a straight line you get hit by the wands slow spell, if you move on an angle to avoid it you can't even keep up, let alone catch up (unless they're bad with the wand, they slow down while casting - but the slow spell is a ridiculously easy flick).

You're talking about a player who is generally powerful, they've got good morphs, they've got a bunch of useful genes, they also happen to do some witchery so has death poppets.  I'd kind of assumed the issue here is a player who's not primarily a PvP powerhouse but uses voodoo dolls or curses, more a witch being a nuisance than a murderous PvPer.  None of those suggestions help at all if they're cursing you left and right, throwing you around with a voodoo doll and not doing much else - you may never even see them in person at all.  They can be really dangerous if they decide to teleport you to them and use traps (you're very rarely prepared for suddenly being teleported to a room in some pit in the middle of nowhere on the moon where the witch drops gravel ore on you as soon as you spawn - the witch leaves via another circle and never actually fights you directly).

Edit: I'm waffling a bit - but what I'm trying to say is that there's a very passive aggressive side to witchery, not as powerful as regular aggressive, but still dangerous and very annoying.  You really do need witchery to protect yourself from that.  It allows players who otherwise hate PvP to get involved and make a nuisance of themselves.

Edited by Loader

Agreed with loader , for a random on the go PVP it would be a lot easier to get the witch on the defensive side but when the witch knows it's coming and prepares for the battle it's pretty much a horrible experience lol

Edited by islands420

That's fine for PvP that happens unexpectedly in the wild - the biggest issue is the other ways a witch specifically can mess with you and their ability to avoid that exact situation with ease if they want (otherwhere infusion with a circle talisman and waystone prepared mean they can teleport past you somewhere hard to spot, set up a circle and leave before you can find them again).

If you haven't tried guns in PvP flying combat, you should (something not too inaccurate that does passable damage, the semi-auto assault rifles), simply don't let the other player get close enough to you - it shouldn't matter how much damage their sword does as even if you only hit them a few times before you screw up and they close in on you you're able to switch to your own sword with an advantage (although at the moment in B-Team it's mostly down to who has more hearts because of how crazy that can go).  If you chase them in a straight line you get hit by the wands slow spell, if you move on an angle to avoid it you can't even keep up, let alone catch up (unless they're bad with the wand, they slow down while casting - but the slow spell is a ridiculously easy flick).

You're talking about a player who is generally powerful, they've got good morphs, they've got a bunch of useful genes, they also happen to do some witchery so has death poppets.  I'd kind of assumed the issue here is a player who's not primarily a PvP powerhouse but uses voodoo dolls or curses, more a witch being a nuisance than a murderous PvPer.  None of those suggestions help at all if they're cursing you left and right, throwing you around with a voodoo doll and not doing much else - you may never even see them in person at all.  They can be really dangerous if they decide to teleport you to them and use traps (you're very rarely prepared for suddenly being teleported to a room in some pit in the middle of nowhere on the moon where the witch drops gravel ore on you as soon as you spawn - the witch leaves via another circle and never actually fights you directly).

Edit: I'm waffling a bit - but what I'm trying to say is that there's a very passive aggressive side to witchery, not as powerful as regular aggressive, but still dangerous and very annoying.  You really do need witchery to protect yourself from that.  It allows players who otherwise hate PvP to get involved and make a nuisance of themselves.

personally, I don't face much of a problem with being prepared due to my style of PVP centering around me being the one in control

guns are really meh for me, I cover distance with Otherwhere infusion and if I cannot finish it easily in aerial combat I will teleport them to an arena. sometimes if I have a taglock of them I just repeatedly bone needle them so their movement is impaired.

if you do end up running out of Voodoo Protection dolls for youself (which you should get plenty of as they are rather easy to create) then that is a good time to retreat as that is a major disadvantage

I don't usually deal with enemies that are just nuisances. Unless I really feel a need to kill them, I'll just continue going along. The effort's not worth it for someone only into Witchery.

dealing with passive aggressive Witchery really is just a matter of developing your own Witchery skills. use Otherwhere to get out of traps or even just brute force it if you have enough hearts.

• 2 weeks later...

I am Very Very much glad to say that the Witchery mod has been updated with the "Witch Hunter" in the new test bata 1.0.11a

Super excited for this imm sure this will help with the Nasty Witch problems ;)

I'd love to see your inputs on how you use the new witchery items to PvP

Yeah fighting witchery with witchery might be cool idea to fight with curses.

I am a witch on my server :P (but I only choose to be a "Witch That Controls The Rain") 

I can't get taglocks in other people's beds... I got my taglock when I try to do that. 

so ONLY SLEEP IN CARPENTER'S BEDS OR SLEEPING BAGS. That way you eliminate the factor of passive taglocking.

also DO NOT OPEN THAT  GREEN COOL LOOKING CHESTS.

also look for weird looking roses. 

Yeah try some curse removing skills but keep in mind that witches can teleport you around... 

The update should include items called fetishes - there's a few types and one of those is capable of blocking teleports if you're near it.

As a witch-hunter you're still better off with a little witchery - making poppets mainly.  The effectiveness of the witches defenses has improved, but it's still not significant enough really to encourage you to use it for the damage, though the nullifying bolts can be useful you'll still probably end up using a TC weapon after hitting them with that (it drains their power which makes it much harder for them to escape).

Nether stars are actually fairly easy to get in this modpack, so building a statue of the goddess is a good idea if they're just being a nuisance.

If they're pissing around with mainly just witchery stuff and aren't using some other armour and weapons (so it's mostly from witchery) then it's a good counter - remember it's overall worse than standard gear though, so if they've got a mix or in the worst case they're set up like DragonScythe (they're just using witchery as a bonus, not as the primary tool) then you won't have a chance.  In general poppets for protection and standard/TC gear are still a better option (crossbow with nullifying bolts is a must though, it's too useful to ignore if they depend a lot of witchery abilities).