Infinite Power Thermal Expansion

TNTMine123

DS's way is easy to do and cheap to set up early on, you should be able to set up that system in your first play session without much issue, then tweak it as he suggested to get more efficiency out of it (or just use it as a source of core saplings for witchery - not the witchery saplings themselves though).

MCShammer - don't try the "cheaty" method in a chunk you'd like to keep (I don't know why it needs quotes, it's actually a bug that multiplies output so if it's not cheaty I don't know what would count), as it commonly causes chunk corruption for people.

i prefer the advanced solar panel. no disturbing sounds of cutting trees or mobgrinder (mob essence -> energy) or somethign else. just a green solid power source :D

Unless you're on a server. Witchery is the ultimate troll mod, and there's always that one guy who is making sure it's raining constantly. :P

The BEST infinite power setup is a lava fabricator wired to a Magma Crucible using the Heavy Aluminum Wires from Galacticraft (Transmits power faster than TE conduits) along with a liquidict to pump the lava from the fabricator to the crucible. Jump start the process by placing one lava bucket in the crucible and you have infinite power. I have two of those set up in my world and they power a Resonant Energy Cell to max in less than a minute. 

EpicSC, perhaps you weren't paying attention, or perhaps I wasn't clear, so I'll repeat this - that system fairly commonly destroys the chunk it's in and has been known to destroy every chunk power coming from it is connected to.  It is both the fastest way of generating power, and the only power system with the 'corrupts worlds' mechanic built in.  Your 80RF per tick max output magmatic generators are filling up a resonant cell (50,000,000RF capacity) in less than a minute, which by my maths means they're outputting more than 20,000RF per tick each - you don't think that's unusual at all? (hint: it's a bug)

Taking power out of GC wires doesn't work correctly at present due to a fix for a bug where they weren't putting out any power at all - now they put out all the power they have in the entire system at every TE output point, potentially multiplying the output exponentially (which is why it suddenly makes loads of power out of nowhere and why it can overflow over the max possible amounts of power to be in storage, machines or wires and corrupt chunks).  You have no need of lava fabricators or magma crucibles (I think you meant magmatic generator anyway), nothing like that as that's not how it works, it's just one example of this bug working - putting a leadstone energy cell in there instead would work just as well.  Some machines are more susceptible than others to having issues, though where a machine screws up it usually just stops the world from loading (they can be removed with MCEdit).

Unless you're on a server. Witchery is the ultimate troll mod, and there's always that one guy who is making sure it's raining constantly.  :P

You can use witchery to cast a spell that changes the biome your solar panels are inside to a desert biome, or better yet just put them on a space station (double output).

Edited by Loader

DS's way is easy to do and cheap to set up early on, you should be able to set up that system in your first play session without much issue, then tweak it as he suggested to get more efficiency out of it (or just use it as a source of core saplings for witchery - not the witchery saplings themselves though).

MCShammer - don't try the "cheaty" method in a chunk you'd like to keep (I don't know why it needs quotes, it's actually a bug that multiplies output so if it's not cheaty I don't know what would count), as it commonly causes chunk corruption for people.

Well, so far ive had it setup and running a bank of 6 or so of the chunk corrupters for almost 2 months, and haven't had so much as a hiccup.

I appreciate the concern. and if something ever happens I'll know why.

EpicSC, perhaps you weren't paying attention, or perhaps I wasn't clear, so I'll repeat this - that system fairly commonly destroys the chunk it's in and has been known to destroy every chunk power coming from it is connected to.  It is both the fastest way of generating power, and the only power system with the 'corrupts worlds' mechanic built in.  Your 80RF per tick max output magmatic generators are filling up a resonant cell (50,000,000RF capacity) in less than a minute, which by my maths means they're outputting more than 20,000RF per tick each - you don't think that's unusual at all? (hint: it's a bug)

Taking power out of GC wires doesn't work correctly at present due to a fix for a bug where they weren't putting out any power at all - now they put out all the power they have in the entire system at every TE output point, potentially multiplying the output exponentially (which is why it suddenly makes loads of power out of nowhere and why it can overflow over the max possible amounts of power to be in storage, machines or wires and corrupt chunks).  You have no need of lava fabricators or magma crucibles (I think you meant magmatic generator anyway), nothing like that as that's not how it works, it's just one example of this bug working - putting a leadstone energy cell in there instead would work just as well.  Some machines are more susceptible than others to having issues, though where a machine screws up it usually just stops the world from loading (they can be removed with MCEdit).

You can use witchery to cast a spell that changes the biome your solar panels are inside to a desert biome, or better yet just put them on a space station (double output).

I don't think we're talking about the same things... I've been using my Lava fabricator and Magmatic generator (yes, that is what I meant) combo for weeks and haven't had any sort of chunk issues. THIS is what I'm using more or less https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAYmdOS3VMc

you are using the Galacticraft wires, and connecting to TE and generating power from nothing but the loop.

he indeed was talking about what you are doing :-)  

Weigh the risks and do what you want. just dont cry about it if something ever happens.

Exactly MC, you've got it.  Some people seem to be ok for some time, others are probably ok forever (they'd never post up on the tracker so I wouldn't see them), others have faults within days - it probably depends on where the chunk data is stored in the file what effect an overflow has.  Months is an exaggeration though, before 1.0.9c (not quite two months yet) the GC wires didn't even transfer power at all in most cases - the fix for that is what's caused this over-aggressive passing on of power you're seeing now.

So long as the infinite power feeds into an energy cell bank then comes out of the cells as normal TE conduits they should be limited to normal maximums so should stop more than that one chunk from corrupting - in theory.  Sometimes the corruption doesn't happen in the same world - that doesn't make sense to me and I haven't been able to replicate it, but it does seem to be the case for some people - I've seen examples where people have had huge chunks missing out of space stations and things like that (they do tend to be missing rather than garbled when this happens though, so perhaps it's something else).

Epic, you're in fact using this bug, yes.  I help a lot on the tracker, this is a semi-common problem, and I'm just trying to make people aware in advance as there's not any going back unless you have a backup - it's a pretty well known among regulars on the tracker but if people don't follow it (most people would have no reason to, it's not that exciting) then they might not know, that's all.

Think of it like this;

• It's not magic - it's not generating 250 times more than it should be in a legitimate way, it's a bug - if you're willing to exploit it to cheat then you'd be better served just using the creative energy cell.
  • If it's not your server and you can't do that, then you're risking corruption of someone else's server by exploiting a bug to cheat.  If that's not bannable on your server I'd be surprised.
  • If it corrupts everything around your base, it's not that I don't want to help you or punish you for it or anything later on the tracker - it's that there's nothing anyone can do if you don't have a backup, that's all.  No hard feelings or anything like that - that's what I want to avoid because some people have lost a lot of work and are understandably unhappy.  Shooting the messenger doesn't help :)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Make a vanilla mob farm that kills from height damage.

Build an LXP Collector and place it in the middle of the kill zone.

Add one fluiduct and connect an LXP Catalyzer then add one Fluiduct to the bottom of the LXP Catalyzer.

Add a tank right next the the LXP Catalyzer and connect the bottom Fluiduct from the the LXP Catalyzer to the tank.

Now, connect the top of the tank to the top Fluiduct of the LXP Catalyzer so that the tank and the LXP Catalyzer create a closed loop with the LXP Collecter at the top. all 3 should be connected in a closed loop using 4 Fluiducts. At the botton of the tank use a Crescent Hammer and right-click the Fluiduct until it has a red arrow..

You will need to use a Pnuematic Servo to "power" the Fluiduct so add it by right-clicking the pipe with it in your hand and then with an empty hand click the pipe again and a UI will appear then on the right side of the UI there will red square (with a picture of redstone dust) that you can click. It is labeled as Redstone Control. Your going to want to click the icon that has a picture of gunpower or "Disabled". Once you do that the dark red arrow will become bright red and you will now be able to power the LXP Catalyzer.

Now that the primary part is done you will be able to produce an infinite amount of LXP. To access this LXP you will need to connect Fluiducts to the Fluiduct that is on the top of the tank that is connected to the LXP Catalyzer and the LXP Collector then connect more Fluiduct to some storage tanks.

To create energy construct some Compression Dynamos and an Aqueous Accumulator. Place the Aqueous Accumulator in the middle of a 1x3 hole then fill the sides with water so that there is water on both sides of the Aqueous Accumulator. Attach Fluiducts to the top of the Aqueous Accumulator and pipe water into your Compression Dynamos.

Compression Dynamos need a fuel and a coolant. We will use the LXP as Fuel and water as Coolant.

To increase your LXP yields exponentually add spawners to your mob farm. AFK near your spawners for about 30 minutes and your tanks will be filled in no time.

[NOTES]

You will have a ton of drops from this so you will want to collect them with an Item Collector. The Advanced Item Collector has custom settings that allow you to define the X,Y,Z distance to collect items but has a bug where all settings are reset to the X value when you log off so you will need to reset the settings every time you log in. A vaccuum hopper would work better overall if you can find a place to fit it but it will absorb some XP orbs and convert it to Open Blocks Exp.