• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work all around, I really enjoy your tutorials, I especially like that you show the recipe and the outcome very simply and fully explain it. Makes it easy to understand if you have not used one of the Mods much yet. 

I also like how basic you keep this, short simple and easy to follow.

As we here are playing in AOTB would you consider at all, say down the road doing a tutorial style of cross mod stuff that is more complex, i.e. like using liquid crafters and piping to perform a series of tasks? (this comes to mind due to crafting pipes just plain not working) Just a thought from a viewer. Keep up the GREAT work! 

@pirahnah3 - No intention of stealing IDEDs light here, but that type of technical work is something I intended on doing tutorials on myself since I do nothing but tech based stuff in modpacks to begin with (Made an in-game offline timer using a few mods for example, that i'll be recording soon as the space im manually clearing in survival on a server i play on is ready to be filled in with them)

Hey there Pirahnah, thanks for the reply and I'm glad you like the style in which the videos are done, I've tried to always keep it simple as not everyone is a tech head and that's the issue I found with a lot of tutorials out there that you have to rewatch it loads of times to try and pick out what they are doing but not saying so you can replicate what is being taught.

I have considered the cross mod stuff and currently I've been focused on treating each mod as its own entity so that the tutorials are valid for every mod pack the mod is featured in, but I do love the creativity available from using multiple mods together (thinking back to the original tekkit using EE, IC2 and RedPower to make huge self replenishing factories) so my question would be what would you like to see? as I plan to move on to Minefactory Reloaded soon and after or during that I would love to start showing how you can refine tasks using the mods to make your mc life simpler and quicker to allow more time for you to do what you do best being creative, but I would like to keep them general so it allows people to get their own ideas of things to do rather than just copying exactly what I'm doing so to speak.

Any and all ideas are welcome! if you want to show me or teach me anything then let me know and we can always arrange a time to meet up and go over ideas and I will gladly credit people who help out or wish to take part in the videos.

Edited by IDED

These are amazing tutorials! I know what you mean about having to watch complex tutorials over again to get what is being shown. That's one of the reasons I really like how you have links to different sections in the video descriptions! Keep it up, IDED, I'm really enjoying them! :D 

Honestly some of the things that come to mind are using things like better storage chests with MFR stuff and red net controllers to make items move around. 

Another one that has been done was what Genny B did with the Smeltery and the computerized (very mildly) pumping of liquids around to auto craft the blocks. 

Something like B-Dubs did with the carpenters blocks but make it a lot more compact. 

Again these are all just thoughts and ideas. 

These are amazing tutorials! I know what you mean about having to watch complex tutorials over again to get what is being shown. That's one of the reasons I really like how you have links to different sections in the video descriptions! Keep it up, IDED, I'm really enjoying them! :D

I'm glad you understand my reason for doing all this and thank you for your support.

Honestly some of the things that come to mind are using things like better storage chests with MFR stuff and red net controllers to make items move around. 

Another one that has been done was what Genny B did with the Smeltery and the computerized (very mildly) pumping of liquids around to auto craft the blocks. 

Something like B-Dubs did with the carpenters blocks but make it a lot more compact. 

I shall get on it buddy and hopefully post some more of the complex stuff soon :D

On a side note another new tutorial up today covering the Necromancy Mod.

Edited by IDED

This could be done though using a dedicated smeltery setup for simply processing ores. It isn't difficult to setup two smelteries, one to auto-pump all liquids out into basins to autocraft the blocks, and another setup for your day to day operations of tool making etc.

This could be done though using a dedicated smeltery setup for simply processing ores. It isn't difficult to setup two smelteries, one to auto-pump all liquids out into basins to autocraft the blocks, and another setup for your day to day operations of tool making etc.

I dont discount simplicity or ease of doing it, but also not everyone either wants simple or sometimes is missing a piece of understanding, or just plain wants to have the most rube goldberg type setup they can have.

Also my mentioned piece was just one idea there are a ton of mods with an almost infinite source of options to do things. 

I dont discount simplicity or ease of doing it, but also not everyone either wants simple or sometimes is missing a piece of understanding, or just plain wants to have the most rube goldberg type setup they can have.

Also my mentioned piece was just one idea there are a ton of mods with an almost infinite source of options to do things. 

rube goldberg setup is fine, but generiks method of doing this isn't 100% fool proof and has its limitations (especially when it comes to the amount of liquid in place and the size of the smeltery etc, his setup works because it was designed specifically for his setup, and probably won't work on larger setups), if they really want something of a rube goldberg system of setting up automated smelting, they may as well setup a power system that powers a laser drill that ends up sending its ores directly to a nullifier, as the end result is the same - that is, wasted resources to a stupid amount - if its for creativity sake, sure, minor things would work but I would rather see someone come up with their own idea of how to make things overly complicated then rely on someone elses designs. Speaking of which, how many designs do you see that use tech based mods or tech related blocks to make such contraptions when most of the time people want efficiency or ease of setup/use?

Ok fine so generics setup won't work on a lager scale, so you got one that does? can everyone else come up with one right now, maybe someone might like some help making one or get an idea for another invention from it. Best part of ideas is that it isn't always the one that your working on that gives someone another idea. I get ideas from all kinds of things depending on what I see and what I am thinking of. 

Yeah your right laser drill and send it to a nullifier cool ok thats one we can cross of the list, thanks! 

I see a lot f mods in this pack that take tech related items and blocks to make things a lot simpler, but with a lot of the available blocks especially with TE and Project Red it gives SO many more ideas for things or possibilities for things. Playing with redstone alone is a whole new experience with all the different gates and logics, it can melt the brain some days as to what you can accomplish. 

It isn't about always being the most compact or the least blocks or the first to do it its about the fun of the game and creating things. IF all your after is to do it fastest and first thats great but others are out to create some awesome stuff that sometimes serves no purpose, heck look at some of the stuff etho has built, it serves no purpose really other than to amuse him. But it also shows different game mechanics and ways things work that could make other people come up with some cool ideas because of it. 

All of those gates found in project red can be done in vanilla redstone.

Ok fine so generics setup won't work on a lager scale, so you got one that does? can everyone else come up with one right now, maybe someone might like some help making one or get an idea for another invention from it. Best part of ideas is that it isn't always the one that your working on that gives someone another idea. I get ideas from all kinds of things depending on what I see and what I am thinking of. 

Yeah your right laser drill and send it to a nullifier cool ok thats one we can cross of the list, thanks! 

Your tone is really unnecessary. And no, I don't have a setup that works on a larger scale because I never had a need to use one a larger scale since I simply use a pulverizer to process ores and the only time i ever use a smeltery is if i'm making a new tool. The other time? Storage of copper and tin into block form since it won't take the galacticraft block, but this is all automated so I won't ever need to touch it again.

I see a lot f mods in this pack that take tech related items and blocks to make things a lot simpler, but with a lot of the available blocks especially with TE and Project Red it gives SO many more ideas for things or possibilities for things. Playing with redstone alone is a whole new experience with all the different gates and logics, it can melt the brain some days as to what you can accomplish. 

The logic gates you find in Project Red can be done in vanilla redstone. It won't be as compact of course, but it is still all doable. If you really want something to melt your brain, look at the Programmable RedNet Controller as it combines all of that redstone gates into a single block (and up to 36 different logic systems) - oh and the in-game manual on that block isn't entirely useful but does get someone minorly started with it.

It isn't about always being the most compact or the least blocks or the first to do it its about the fun of the game and creating things. IF all your after is to do it fastest and first thats great but others are out to create some awesome stuff that sometimes serves no purpose, heck look at some of the stuff etho has built, it serves no purpose really other than to amuse him. But it also shows different game mechanics and ways things work that could make other people come up with some cool ideas because of it. 

rube goldberg setup is fine, ... Speaking of which, how many designs do you see that use tech based mods or tech related blocks to make such contraptions when most of the time people want efficiency or ease of setup/use?

However, if we want to continue this conversation, it should probably be done elsewhere as it is getting away from IDEDs intentions for this topic and I feel we've intruded enough at this point.

Edited by Kalbintion

Thanks for all the tutorials, they're short and straight to the point, so you can understand a mod in a matter of minutes. The only thing that i might suggest is that you add an example or demonstration for a couple more complicated things. So in your Betterstorage review, when explaining the keys, a demonstration of how it works on an actual chest might work. Other than that, great job!

P.S. If you have the time, maybe an Enhanced Portals 2 mod tutorial would be nice, since the whole Dialer thing is a little confusing.

P.S. If you have the time, maybe an Enhanced Portals 2 mod tutorial would be nice, since the whole Dialer thing is a little confusing.

I shall add that to the list and thanks for the support!

Make sure you differentiate the usage of the basic dialer and the advanced dialer, and the fact you need the dialer upgrade for both of them when you go to make this tutorial.

Absolutely outstanding!  Thank you for the info - great packaging and right to the point.  5 stars, two thumbs up!

Thanks for the support buddy and glad you like the videos so far and there are plenty more on the way as I plan to try and cover every mod included in the Attack of the B-Team mod pack