Slumerican420 Posted July 2, 2014 Author Posted July 2, 2014 It's not the mobs anymore, Nami got rid of all of those but it didn't fix the problem.
acdcrocks1998 Posted July 2, 2014 Posted July 2, 2014 They also had to get to remove villages in boimes o'plenty because it corrupted chuncks.
MrWeedz Posted July 3, 2014 Posted July 3, 2014 Well Fuck,i tried anyway the restart should do good a new begining,a fresh start sounds good
Slumerican420 Posted July 3, 2014 Author Posted July 3, 2014 That's the spirit! I'm excited! At least you get to keep your items.
namico2000 Posted July 3, 2014 Posted July 3, 2014 First thing,The server has been down for a while Second thing,I just finished building my base a few weeks ago why do we need a map reset :,( First thing it's down for maintenance. Second it will fix all the chunk crashes and we can't fix POJ's base. Plus our map is an old version so resetting to a new version will be a good thing. Yup! I'm running an upgrade on the server right now, and it might take a little longer than expected to get back up. It should help give us a performance increase, especially if we end up expanding more. As for the map reset, it's really going to be for the best. It will take care of bugs that have been causing people to not be able to play. I can cut the affected chunks out, but there's no way to save what they have built. To give you guys an idea of what I did to try to fix the chunks: I saved the chunk as a schematic in MCedit, then removed and regenerated the chunks. I tried both placing the schematic into the chunk, and leaving the chunk untouched, but it still caused a crash when entering the chunk. These chunk errors have been cropping up in a lot of places, and it simply isn't feasible to constantly move people from the chunks, or block out the chunks to prevent people from getting into them. We have an actual, technical need for a reset. It sucks to have to lose the builds we've made, but it really isn't going to be so bad when you can keep all of your items. It's just a matter of rebuilding. Poj still plays. He and TrueCyan build in the same area, so they're both not able to get online. The problem isn't limited to them, either. It can happen to anyone who happens to wander into a bad chunk. (BTW, the chunk errors are not related to mobs. Some of them I know are related to the BoP mod generating structures that have glitched, and others I have not been able to definitively say what the cause is. Maybe related, maybe not). Trust me, we'll all be a lot better off once we reset. Slumerican420 1
acdcrocks1998 Posted July 3, 2014 Posted July 3, 2014 Take screen shots of every angle of your house if you don't remember exactly how it's built then take it down so you won't lose anything and if you need help I can tomorrow morning.
MrMunk00 Posted July 3, 2014 Posted July 3, 2014 so the map will be reset and all we have is our strong boxes and our genetics stuff how many strong boxes can we use?
MrWeedz Posted July 3, 2014 Posted July 3, 2014 Yup! I'm running an upgrade on the server right now, and it might take a little longer than expected to get back up. It should help give us a performance increase, especially if we end up expanding more. As for the map reset, it's really going to be for the best. It will take care of bugs that have been causing people to not be able to play. I can cut the affected chunks out, but there's no way to save what they have built. To give you guys an idea of what I did to try to fix the chunks: I saved the chunk as a schematic in MCedit, then removed and regenerated the chunks. I tried both placing the schematic into the chunk, and leaving the chunk untouched, but it still caused a crash when entering the chunk. These chunk errors have been cropping up in a lot of places, and it simply isn't feasible to constantly move people from the chunks, or block out the chunks to prevent people from getting into them. We have an actual, technical need for a reset. It sucks to have to lose the builds we've made, but it really isn't going to be so bad when you can keep all of your items. It's just a matter of rebuilding. Poj still plays. He and TrueCyan build in the same area, so they're both not able to get online. The problem isn't limited to them, either. It can happen to anyone who happens to wander into a bad chunk. (BTW, the chunk errors are not related to mobs. Some of them I know are related to the BoP mod generating structures that have glitched, and others I have not been able to definitively say what the cause is. Maybe related, maybe not). Trust me, we'll all be a lot better off once we reset. Damn that sounds like a disease.
Slumerican420 Posted July 3, 2014 Author Posted July 3, 2014 so the map will be reset and all we have is our strong boxes and our genetics stuff how many strong boxes can we use? However you need to pack all your stuff.
MrMunk00 Posted July 3, 2014 Posted July 3, 2014 However you need to pack all your stuff. ik but is their a limit of strong boxes
MrWeedz Posted July 3, 2014 Posted July 3, 2014 @Namico When will the Server Be back up i need to pack my stuff
acdcrocks1998 Posted July 3, 2014 Posted July 3, 2014 Dude there is no limet you get however as many as you need for all your stuff Slumerican420 1
Slumerican420 Posted July 3, 2014 Author Posted July 3, 2014 Weedz You have until next friday... Not this friday.
MrWeedz Posted July 3, 2014 Posted July 3, 2014 (edited) You know what! what do you guys think about a full reset! Might as well do it we are getting a map reset it would entertain us getting our stuff back Edited July 3, 2014 by MrWeedz
Slumerican420 Posted July 3, 2014 Author Posted July 3, 2014 Nah man the only way I'm resetting is when i go to another mod pack. I have too much stuff to get rid off.
MrWeedz Posted July 3, 2014 Posted July 3, 2014 Would nami even consider a modpack move?I mean most of us talk about how cool the crack pack is... maybe we can change the server to that if every one and nami agrees
Slumerican420 Posted July 3, 2014 Author Posted July 3, 2014 This server will stay Attack of the B-Team and Nami is going to make a crackpack server.
namico2000 Posted July 3, 2014 Posted July 3, 2014 Would nami even consider a modpack move?I mean most of us talk about how cool the crack pack is... maybe we can change the server to that if every one and nami agrees I'm actually just going to make a second server that will run crackpack, that way we can have both. (hence the need for some server upgrade work )
MrWeedz Posted July 3, 2014 Posted July 3, 2014 Yay just a question,Isnt the crack pack the same as Mindcrack FTB pack? because i think its just another name for it
Slumerican420 Posted July 3, 2014 Author Posted July 3, 2014 I don't think it's exactly the same but it has some of the same mods.
MrWeedz Posted July 3, 2014 Posted July 3, 2014 Another Question Wont Crackpack/mindcrack FTB server will be all about war? i mean there is no other way to play it thats what the pack is ment for
Recommended Posts