[1.0.11a] Geo-Craft AotBT Mature/close-knit/Whitelist/no griefing No banned items/mods

First thing,The server has been down for a while

Second thing,I just finished building my base a few weeks ago why do we need a map reset :,(

First thing it's down for maintenance. Second it will fix all the chunk crashes and we can't fix POJ's base. Plus our map is an old version so resetting to a new version will be a good thing.

Yup! I'm running an upgrade on the server right now, and it might take a little longer than expected to get back up. It should help give us a performance increase, especially if we end up expanding more.

As for the map reset, it's really going to be for the best. It will take care of bugs that have been causing people to not be able to play. I can cut the affected chunks out, but there's no way to save what they have built. 

To give you guys an idea of what I did to try to fix the chunks: I saved the chunk as a schematic in MCedit, then removed and regenerated the chunks. I tried both placing the schematic into the chunk, and leaving the chunk untouched, but it still caused a crash when entering the chunk. These chunk errors have been cropping up in a lot of places, and it simply isn't feasible to constantly move people from the chunks, or block out the chunks to prevent people from getting into them. We have an actual, technical need for a reset. It sucks to have to lose the builds we've made, but it really isn't going to be so bad when you can keep all of your items. It's just a matter of rebuilding. Poj still plays. He and TrueCyan build in the same area, so they're both not able to get online. The problem isn't limited to them, either. It can happen to anyone who happens to wander into a bad chunk. (BTW, the chunk errors are not related to mobs. Some of them I know are related to the BoP mod generating structures that have glitched, and others I have not been able to definitively say what the cause is. Maybe related, maybe not). Trust me, we'll all be a lot better off once we reset.

Yup! I'm running an upgrade on the server right now, and it might take a little longer than expected to get back up. It should help give us a performance increase, especially if we end up expanding more.

As for the map reset, it's really going to be for the best. It will take care of bugs that have been causing people to not be able to play. I can cut the affected chunks out, but there's no way to save what they have built. 

To give you guys an idea of what I did to try to fix the chunks: I saved the chunk as a schematic in MCedit, then removed and regenerated the chunks. I tried both placing the schematic into the chunk, and leaving the chunk untouched, but it still caused a crash when entering the chunk. These chunk errors have been cropping up in a lot of places, and it simply isn't feasible to constantly move people from the chunks, or block out the chunks to prevent people from getting into them. We have an actual, technical need for a reset. It sucks to have to lose the builds we've made, but it really isn't going to be so bad when you can keep all of your items. It's just a matter of rebuilding. Poj still plays. He and TrueCyan build in the same area, so they're both not able to get online. The problem isn't limited to them, either. It can happen to anyone who happens to wander into a bad chunk. (BTW, the chunk errors are not related to mobs. Some of them I know are related to the BoP mod generating structures that have glitched, and others I have not been able to definitively say what the cause is. Maybe related, maybe not). Trust me, we'll all be a lot better off once we reset.

Damn that sounds like a disease.

Would nami even consider a modpack move?I mean most of us talk about how cool the crack pack is... maybe we can change the server to that if every one and nami agrees

I'm actually just going to make a second server that will run crackpack, that way we can have both. (hence the need for some server upgrade work ;) )