mahlazor1

So, I wanna make automatic power. Googling came up with a few age-old posts stating that basically it wasn't possible.

Has that changed? If so, what do I use? If not, here's a suggestion for the creators of the pack: ADD BUILDCRAFT.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by mahlazor1

That would make sense since I did recently have a problem, but I was able to fix it easily. Either way I'm also using Generikb's mob grinder as a back up energy source that would work just as well, but I like Keralis's power system more since it is quite simple. If it ever stops working I can use that instead.

I have a couple of these systems running now for a month or so and am having no issues. I knew there was an issue with the galacticraft and TE stuff (ie the galacticraft power cell with aluminum wire and an energy cell) 

Now I cant say it will or will not cause you issues but it is not causing me issues and I have seen no issues on the official B-Team server either. 

If not the lava system I found the tree farm with sawmill to be VERY effective to create power, just watch out for unloading chunks with it as I had some issues with that.

the set-up by Keralis is buggy and likely to corrupt your chunk.

That one he's using is, yeah - the current version of this bug relies on multiple inputs to the same wire and doesn't generate power nearly so fast so it should be less likely to cause problems.  That said, it is exactly the same bug that has done anything from destroying chunks to destroying worlds in the past, so it seems like a hell of a risk for a little extra power.  Make sure that wire is draining off somewhere like a laser drill that can use up any excess and it shouldn't be able to reach those impossible numbers like it used to anymore.  Just because I haven't seen it since this patch of galacticraft doesn't mean its fixed (stopping it breaking the world if it can generate infinite power is impossible, the infinite power bug must be stopped).

Remember this general rule of thumb: If you put in conduits instead of GC wires and the system doesn't generate power, you've hit on the GC infinite power bug.  Stop using that system or take precautions to make sure those wires can never have a ridiculous amount of power left in them if your batteries fill up.

tree farm with sawmill to be VERY effective to create power, just watch out for unloading chunks with it as I had some issues with that.

With all of the TE pipes (fluiducts and itemducts are more iportant than conduits) it's advisable to keep the whole relevant section loaded to avoid problems.  I've had more trouble with fluiducts than itemducts, but I've had a few problems with all of them at one time or another, keeping them loaded avoids the issue completely.

Adding a sanity check like that would require admitting that the bug might not be fixed, a practical impossibility ;)

Not a stab specifically at Lapito, they seem fine, I just would never expect a minecraft modder to be capable of that step unless they specifically demonstrate it.