Maps

Hey there, tekkit user here. I am looking for a good custom survival map for my server. I mean a survival map that adds huge mountain ranges, vast snow biomes, huge steppes, dense forests, and still has all of the ores, and features included in the underground portion of the tekkit mod. If you know any somewhat like that please tell me. I have been looking for a while now. Thank you if you get one to me.

• Forum Administrators

hrm I saw this somewhere. This game I played... it generated ALL of that randomly every time you made a world. It was great!

hrm I saw this somewhere. This game I played... it generated ALL of that randomly every time you made a world. It was great!

Ah, but was it custom?

Really? I'm looking for a better version of that.

These...don't really exist. You could make one. Then share with the community!

• Forum Administrators

Let me make this easier- What is the map displayed for the title screen in the technic launcher, and is it tekkit compatable?

I don't think... I don't even...

Do you understand how minecraft worlds work?

Obviously I do. I am not looking for the dinky lame mountains minecraft produces. I am not looking for the tiny stupid deserts MC produces. I mean a good, CUSTOM map that somebody has made. Can your heads wrap around the concept of a creative map? I'll give a freaking example of a map (that isn't tekkit compatable so don't even go there.) HERE YOU GO you lazy trollfarts. http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/eldaria-island---custom-terrain-mc-10---end-portal/ This is what I'm talking about. Do you honestly thing minecraft can produce that? NO IT CAN'T. This is the type of map I'm looking for, only for tekkit... Apparently your tiny trolling brains can't comprehend that concept and are okay with lame mountains and lame worlds. Thankyou and good riddance.

Obviously I do. I am not looking for the dinky lame mountains minecraft produces. I am not looking for the tiny stupid deserts MC produces. I mean a good, CUSTOM map that somebody has made. Can your heads wrap around the concept of a creative map? I'll give a freaking example of a map (that isn't tekkit compatable so don't even go there.) HERE YOU GO you lazy trollfarts. http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/eldaria-island---custom-terrain-mc-10---end-portal/ This is what I'm talking about. Do you honestly thing minecraft can produce that? NO IT CAN'T. This is the type of map I'm looking for, only for tekkit... Apparently your tiny trolling brains can't comprehend that concept and are okay with lame mountains and lame worlds. Thankyou and good riddance.

go to options, select build manually, use the 6.1.1 dev build, and change options with wedge. Then fuck off so i don't have to deal with you begging for someone to custom make an entire world for you.

I know you have already been verbally (textually?) bitch-slapped by the mods, but I have to chime in anyway.

So let me get this straight, you want to know if anyone who uses tekkit generated worlds using tekkit (so all the ores spawn) until they had a decent seed and then manually edited the terrain to a huge extent until it fit your description of awesome mountains and volcanoes etc. for hundreds of chunks in every direction spending dozens and dozens of hours of editing the world to your exacting specifications all for the benefit of the small group of people who both host tekkit servers and would be interested in a specialized custom sculpted map, all so that the entire project could become obsolete when the next version comes out and the map is no longer compatible?

No, I am going to go out on a limb and say nothing like that exists.

His tastes are FAR too discriminating for such filth as default generated maps. How dare you insult his sophisticated minecraft map palette by suggesting otherwise!

edit: In fact, fear not OP, I shall get to work on your special map immediately.

How long do you think it would take me to carve "get bent" in huge letters in the terrain?

Fuck it, nevermind you get the idea.

His tastes are FAR too discriminating for such filth as default generated maps. How dare you insult his sophisticated minecraft map palette by suggesting otherwise!

Oh, really?

[img width=800]

I thought it was a pretty good location... I'm building a tower in it.

At the risk of making a low effort post:

Very nice!

Some people don't have the patience to generate several worlds until they get a good one though, apparently. Or look for good seeds. Or, idunno look for a good location to build in?

At the risk of making a low effort post:

Very nice!

Some people don't have the patience to generate several worlds until they get a good one though, apparently. Or look for good seeds. Or, idunno look for a good location to build in?

Actually, that was the first map I generated today.

I used the seed "because" and got a pretty cool map. You spawn next to a Thaumcraft 2 monolith, with millenaire villages to the south and southwest and an arching multi-cliff in between the two villages with two dungeons lodged into the cliff faces near the base of the arches.

The arching multi-cliff is where I'm building up my base. I found out it has pretty high aura rating too, since I was attacked by at least two thaumic slimes.

Ok that is it. I am being bitch-slapped by moderators. I am being insulted by other members. The ONLY person that is actually trying to be helpful is DragnHntr. I was just thinking somebody had a cool custom map to share that they made for tekkit. Not technic. NOT TECHNIC. I wanted this for a server with a good custom map to play on instead of the normal terrain generation. Apparently nobody is willing enough to find one/make one. I can't make one for I have crashes, Inexperience with MCedit (Which isn't compatible in the first place) and no will to even own a server anymore. I now find nothing good in tekkit because every time I open the technic launcher, I think of how rude and unhelpful the MODERATORS were! Come on! The moderators are insulting and bitchslapping everybody?!?!!? YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO HELP PEOPLE!!!

Ok that is it. I am being bitch-slapped by moderators. I am being insulted by other members. The ONLY person that is actually trying to be helpful is DragnHntr. I was just thinking somebody had a cool custom map to share that they made for tekkit. Not technic. NOT TECHNIC. I wanted this for a server with a good custom map to play on instead of the normal terrain generation. Apparently nobody is willing enough to find one/make one. I can't make one for I have crashes, Inexperience with MCedit (Which isn't compatible in the first place) and no will to even own a server anymore. I now find nothing good in tekkit because every time I open the technic launcher, I think of how rude and unhelpful the MODERATORS were! Come on! The moderators are insulting and bitchslapping everybody?!?!!? YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO HELP PEOPLE!!!

Oh my!!!

I was... being helpful? That's strange, I thought I was being a condescending dick. Apparently you mods are SO mean, a condescending dick looks helpful by comparison. Now how does that make you feel? Once you are finished drinking, crying, and wondering where you went wrong in life, I am sure if you came back and apologized the OP would be the bigger man and accept it... -snicker-

every time I open the technic launcher, I think of how rude and unhelpful the MODERATORS were! Come on! The moderators are insulting and bitchslapping everybody?!?!!? YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO HELP PEOPLE!!!

That's funny, every time I open the launcher I think about how much entertainment I get from the forums. Also, I don't remember paying for tekkit and thus being owed any sort of customer service.

I feel you man, every time I go to the park and demand a pony from passers-by, they all laugh at me like it's somehow abnormal to expect free ponies from strangers. it's so mean! all I want is a pony or for someone to tell me where one is that I can have! instead I get bitchslapped by police officers and tazed before being jailed. THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO HELP PEOPLE!

I quoted the entire post because it was so self-centered, but the relevant bits are in bold (mine). Someone else is insulting your intelligence? So, I went to the thread you helpfully used as an illustration. Then I looked, briefly, down through the thread, and noticed a few key details.

1) This map has more than 30 biomes. Wow, that's a lot. It all depends on how big the biomes are, but we'll just say it would take a while even for someone familiar with MCEdit, VoxelSniper, or whatever else to even make one large biome. So, it's a good-sized map.

2) It's 2000x3000 blocks. That's good-sized, enough for several people to comfortably coexist on, but not so big that you're going to be able to hide from each other.

3) It took more than 150 hours to make. In other words, working 4 hours a day, every day, more than a month of someone's time went into this map. So, what you're asking for is a good-sized project. Right, so we're lazy because we won't make or find a map for you.

So, back to the last bold point above. :)