Maps

He's been probated for 3 days BTW.

Just sayin'

No, that's good. We can just keep piling on this thread, and if/when he reads it, comes back and responds to it, his reaction will most likely determine whether the probation will be extended to a permanent ban.

You spawn next to a Thaumcraft 2 monolith, with millenaire villages to the south and southwest and an arching multi-cliff in between the two villages with two dungeons lodged into the cliff faces near the base of the arches.

Hold one sec, u generated that map in SMP? :P

Don't post memes, it discourages creative thought.

You make me sad, Ante. I thought we had something special.

Dear OP:

You want helpful? All right:

Minecraft generates it's own maps randomly. Tekkit is currently running on top of Minecraft 1.1, not 1.2.x, so it doesn't have Anvil and Wedge isn't installed. You can probably install the 1.1 version of Wedge yourself, but considering that you seem to be averse to doing any work, I highly doubt you will.

MCEdit and WorldEdit are not incompatible with Tekkit or Technic. VoxelSniper is also compatible with Tekkit. Both WE and VS are Bukkit-compatible, which means they play nice with Tekkit by nature. You might have to do some tinkering to get them to generate Tekkit-specific blocks, but if you can't, that's what Creative mode is for.

You are asking, very rudely, for people to put in 100+ hours of work for you and make a limited-size map, for free, when the built-in map generator can do all you want it to, infinitely, and you can put in the work with VoxelSniper, WorldEdit, and MCEdit to make super-special custom ubermountains and shit.

Once Tekkit is updated to 1.2.x, you'll be able to use the Wedge mod to make even more awesome maps without needing to use VS/WE/McE.

So calm your titties, chill out, stop reporting people, and enjoy your three day break from the forums.

Not to stick up for the guy or anything, but it didn't sound like he was asking anyone to create a map like this for him, only whether or not one existed. If there is something similar that someone's made for vanilla minecraft - something which does look pretty damned cool and believe I will check out myself, hah - it's not that unreasonable to wonder if anyone had made something like it for tekkit already.

Then proceeding to act like a dumbfuck reporting everyone and whining about "lazy trolling baaww" for giving him snarky answers he wasn't looking for, though? Yeah, no argument there, heheh.

not sure if OP , first ones replied or mods are trolls.

maybe all of them ? ÔÔ

there are a lot of custom-maps out there. much, much nicer than the randomly generated or shared seeds... but never heard about a tekkit/technic one.

Hi, Im new to these forums.

I came here looking for exactly what this person was looking for- a better looking world, with more dramatic and realistic terrains and biomes, similar to the ones you might find on the launcher screen background.

I was surprised to find his post met with so much abuse.

I'm sure he was simply wondering whether there was a map that he could use, that someone might have made and shared. The images on the launcher are obviously misleading if no such map exists. I'm not calling any of the responses "Trolling" however I do believe there was a gross misunderstanding, and I can understand how this person may have become fustrated. Everyone seemed to jump to the conclusion that he actually wanted someone to make a whole map for him, and spend hours in the process.

I quote: "If you know any somewhat like that please tell me"

I'm sure that what he actually meant was if one existed, or if it were easy to do (eg if someone could simply take a custom minecraft map in such a style, and use a program to insert tekkit ores into the map which is evidently impossible).

The fact that so many people instantly took his message to be malicious and selfish, puzzles me. He did evidently lose his temper and, in the process, possibly insult the first people who replied but these people were completely unhelpful and appeared to me as perhaps being single-minded or ignorant, to dismiss his post as being ridiculous or offensive. He obviously took the wrong decision, as these kinds of people don't take insults graciously. The moderators also took part in what might be seen as mild bullying and scrutinizing of this person, choosing the easy way and simply agreeing with the majority of the repliers.

I hope this didn't offend anyone.

Hi, Im new to these forums.

The moderators also took part in what might be seen as mild bullying and scrutinizing of this person, choosing the easy way and simply agreeing with the majority of the repliers.

Welcome to the technic pack forums, where having a shitty post makes you a target, regardless of what the translated content might be.

We have a section for maps, i suggest that you look there if you're looking for maps.

Also, the third or fourth post down was me telling OP how to get what he was looking for.

Hi, Im new to these forums...

I was surprised to find his post met with so much abuse...

I'm sure he was simply wondering whether there was a map that he could use, that someone might have made and shared...

I'm sure that what he actually meant was if one existed, or if it were easy to do...

Except the very second person who replied to his thread told him nothing like it existed. Multiple people explained to them that the default generator with some tweaks using third party programs is about the best you can hope for, and are in fact very versatile and create some amazing terrain generally.

The posts may have been in a snarky tone but that is how it works around here. If you make a stupid post, people will respond sarcastically. People are encouraged to put thought and effort into their posts, or at least have a sense of humor. The reason his OP incurred such ire is the short nature of it showing lack of caring, the vagueness, and general attitude rubbed people the wrong way.

Instead of accepting the help, snarky though it was, and moving on; he instead got an even worse attitude, continued to insist that people didn't understand what he was talking about, and telling what he wanted in an increasingly demanding tone.

Long story short: Mods and technicians around here help those who put thought and effort into their posts, or at the very least have a sense of humor and can take a punch. Notice how you approached this forum with a well thought out post and a good attitude and received a much better reception despite being openly critical of the community.

Rather then taking this advice and running with it