[1.7.10] TEKKIFY - ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY [PEACEFUL][50+ MODS][NO GRIEF][100 SLOTS][NO WHITELIST]

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please update the thread to indicate correctly that wireless redstone, balkons weapons mod, etc. have been banned. I'm not really sure I'm willing to play on a server without wireless, and spending the time to log on and read a bunch of rules, etc. only to figure out the thread was misleading is quite annoying. Especially for a "deluxe" thread that's supposed to be several tiers above the norm, as opposed to not even meeting minimum requirements. Thanks.

Please update the thread to indicate correctly that wireless redstone, balkons weapons mod, etc. have been banned. I'm not really sure I'm willing to play on a server without wireless, and spending the time to log on and read a bunch of rules, etc. only to figure out the thread was misleading is quite annoying. Especially for a "deluxe" thread that's supposed to be several tiers above the norm, as opposed to not even meeting minimum requirements. Thanks.

We've been very busy sorting out various issues, updating the thread is something we will work on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In-game username: BennyKwan and FooYenSheng

Timezone: est

Why do you want to become a moderator?: i would like to become moderator as i like to help people who are being greifed which i think is totaly unacceptable from tekkit player

What makes you the best candidate?: I think im the best candidate because when i find a good server (which this is) i only play on it.

Do you have previous experience moderating?: No, sorry

Do you have previous experience with Tekkit?: Yes i play tekkit for over 1 years now

Pls let me play~!!

Tekkify. Well, it’s “almost” a good server…

Firstly, all the buggy and overpowered parts of Tekkit are disabled. This also means that Equivalent Exchange and Computer Craft are disabled in their entirety (which may or may not be a good thing depending on your point of view), and also several core components of Industrial Craft / Build Craft (such as Advanced Pipes, Pumps and Project Tables) have been removed due to either bugs/exploits or lag issues.

In spite of the fact that there are many disabled items, numerous restrictions on items (e.g. Timers are restricted to a 1.5 second minimum cycle, Cobble Generators are banned, Block Breakers are restricted, etc) and in spite of the assertions of the server’s staff, the server is very laggy – especially if more than about 100 people are logged in. Although the /lag command is not enabled for players, the degree of block lag etc I encounter lead me to believe that a TPS of 6-10 is “average” during peak periods – and there are peaks (or is that troughs) where it sinks lower.

If you don’t mind breaking the same block 3 times when mining, then this server may well be worth a look – although be prepared to do a lot of walking to find somewhere to build. The map is bordered at about 4500 from the spawn point, however most of the land has already been claimed. Generally speaking, you’ll need to walk at least 1500 from the spawn just to find anywhere vacant, and much further if you want to eventually claim say 3x3 chunks (i.e. 2304 squares) to build on.

The anti-grief / claim system used is primarily based on voting – so the longer you are on the server (and therefore number of times you have voted) the more area you can claim. Of course, this also adds to the difficulty you will find if you are new to the server.

There is also a thriving player based economy – although once again it is heavily biased in favour of “older” players. There is a very limited area there player shops are allowed to be established, and older and more successful players typically claim several areas to vend their wares.

Due to lag and a deliberately low monster spawn rate, some items (such as Ender Pearls etc) are almost impossible to obtain, particularly for “newer” players. This is further exacerbated by the fact that building any form of mob trap is against the server rules.

There is a Resource World that is reset every week, however any plans of setting up a quarry there will have to wait until you become a “Trusted Member” (which occurs after 25 hours logged on to the server). Also bear in mind that the Resource World (and several other areas) are completely off limits until and unless you Vote on at least one of 3 sites on a daily basis (or there about – I’m not sure of the exact timing).

With all the restrictions and difficulties a new player will encounter, the “Donor” options may look like an effective way to get established. In particular, the $15/month “Donor Status” may look tempting as provides access to the “Donor Area” and “Donor Mine”. Realistically, don’t waste your money if you are after the “Perks” – the Donor Mine is simply a regeneratable area which randomly spawns basic minerals and glowstone (as 1 unit spawns) with a density approximating what you can find normally (albeit without the clustering). Granted, an Admin can reset it if it becomes depleted (and there is usually an Admin around – particularly during peak times) although the block lag does generally make it even less useful during the peak periods. Donor Status also gives you access to teleportation (via /tpa and /tpahere), which is kind of nice (albeit probably not worth $15 per month).

Another Donor Option that initially looks great is the “In-Game Currency” – which looks like a bargain at $15000 per $5USD (or even better at $85000 per $25USD)… although bear in mind that the Server Shop sells HV Solar Arrays for a cool $500000 per unit, and items like Ender Pearls regularly sell for $1000 each.

It’s not all bad news however - there is a notable plus for Tekkify. On the whole the Staff are better than on many other servers. Sure there are still some double standards (e.g. you can expect to be warned by staff for dropping an “F-Bomb” moments after they drop one themselves), but at least they don’t hold themselves “above the law” and go around griefing etc at will.

In conclusion, while Tekkify has a lot of potential, if you are not already a player on the server then I suggest you look elsewhere – at least until the next map reset.

In-game username: jontemyraq

Timezone: Sweden Stockholm Lan

why do u want to become an Sr Admin?: bescue im a good staff i hate griefers,spammers and stealers

i want the game so safe as possible and stay these abusers away. do me to Sr Admin and you would love it :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When I try logging on to the server, it says I don`t have the correct version of Railcraft and IC2, but I don`t know how I can get the right version. Can someone help?

Update to Tekkit 3.1.3, select options and "select manual build". It's the top option on the list.

Hi quick question been playing minecraft on Xbox for a month moved to pc version 2 days ago trying to teach myself tekkit. Loving it so far looking to move to multiplayer, Would this server be good for me to play on as I liked the protected aspect and seems friendly helpful mods loved the vid,

Hi quick question been playing minecraft on Xbox for a month moved to pc version 2 days ago trying to teach myself tekkit. Loving it so far looking to move to multiplayer, Would this server be good for me to play on as I liked the protected aspect and seems friendly helpful mods loved the vid,

We are a non-PvP and non-grief server, so yes, we are a "safer" or "more protected" server in that aspect. Glad you're enjoying it. :)

fine, fine, I was having a bit of whine with my cheese. I'll admit that. The one thing I was looking for was a computercraft server and this was like the sixth server I came across where it was banned. *Sadface*

Great server, im sure, so im sorry for the negativity in my post. :3

Can't all have great days. n_n;

If you were looking for a computer craft server, I would recommend MachineCraft[82] Slots

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons