[1.7.10] TEKKIFY - ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY [PEACEFUL][50+ MODS][NO GRIEF][100 SLOTS][NO WHITELIST]

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loving the new forum, but it broke my thread. :PI'll spend a while clearing this up I guess.

Thread fixed! :D

In other news:

Thanks to all your support! We reached 33 users online yesterday and it's certainly an achievement that we are all proud of. Thanks to all your continued support for donating and voting, we have reached rank 150 on Minestatus and are listed as the 2nd top Tekkit server at this moment in time! We couldn't do this without all your support and dedication in such a short space of time.

Hello Nentify, I am here with my economy suggestions.

There three basic tiers of Tekkit Economies.

One based off of bartering.

One based off of in game currency represented by items.

One based off of in game currency represented how it is now i.e. linked to your account.

Bartering

Bartering is sloppy and doesn't need to be set up. It will probably always be present along with one of the other two.

In-game Currency

In-game currency represent by items such as Industrial Credits allow dynamic control of the economy by users but power is largely taken out of the owners hands. Inflation will always be present as long as people create currency which in terms of Industrial Credits is with iron.One Iron equals 32 Industrial Credits. You might want to remove the ability to change Industrial Credits back into Iron. Individual users can increase inflation but also determine economic growth. If people act based upon money the economy will thrive otherwise it will disappear. This type of Economy will require Trade-O-Mats for exchanges. Markets will have to be build using pipes, Trade-O-Mats and ect. This in-game currency requires a lot of building on the users part but when done right offers the best economic experience because it is dynamic and requires deep user input creating a sense of immersion. Great depth is present. Just like real-life however you will have regulate the economy like the government. Everything must be sold by individuals willing to be shop owners. More info later if you decide on this method.

In-Game Currency Linked to Account

This Method is what you currently have so I assume you know everything about it. Markets using signs and chest. Easy to use and manage but not dynamic. Becomes stale after a while because certain items will be horded while others aren't even touched.

(big) news!

After about 4 days of almost full time building (yes, full time, as in, atleast 8 hours a day), The Game is finally complete. It's sort of like a Saw type of game, where you have to progress through parkour levels and puzzles. It's accessable through a warp sign at spawn. Typ /spawn, turn around a 180 degrees and you should see some signs telling you everything you need to know.

I won't be participating in the building competition with this, so don't feel overwhelmed for that. Actually, I would love to see people build something that is more awesome than this!

I'll post some screenshots tomorrow when I wake up, it's already getting too late. I might even make a fancy trailer of it or something like that as well.

In-game username: KaitoTakeshi

What is your current rank?: Member

How long do you play daily?: As much as I can.

Why do you want to become a moderator?: I would like to be part of a bigger community and help out as much as I possibly can.

What makes you the best candidate?: I have ran my own CraftBukkit Server, then started a Tekkit Server. I have a vast knowledge of many plugins and how they work. I can memorize most commands with only using the once or twice. I'm good with helping people out, trying my best to explain step by step how to do something.

Do you have previous experience moderating?: The experience I have with moderation extends past just being a moderator. I keep up my own website and take care of it with no help.

Do you have previous experience with Tekkit?: I just started to use Tekkit, but I am picking up on it very fast.

We are having a small issue with some of the BC pipes, so we ask that you remove all of your BuildCraft pipes before 08 June, 8:00PM BST. This does not affect RedPower pipes or any other items.

List of items that it WILL affect/delete:

• Waterproof redstone pipe
  • Redstone transport pipe
  • Advanced insertion pipe
  • Advanced wooden transport pipe
  • Distribution transport pipe
  • Item teleport pipe
  • Waterproof item teleport pipe
  • Power teleport pipe
  • Wooden transport pipe
  • Cobblestone transport pipe
  • Stone transport pipe
  • Iron transport pipe
  • Golden transport pipe
  • Diamond transport pipe
  • Obsidian transport pipe
  • Wooden waterproof pipe
  • Cobblestone waterproof pipe
  • Stone waterproof pipe
  • Iron waterproof pipe
  • Golden waterproof pipe
  • Wooden conductive pipe
  • Stone conductive pipe
  • Gold conductive pipe

In-game username: jasonnator

Time-zone: Eastern U.S

What is your current rank?: Member

How long do you play daily?: 45 minutes but that’s about to change to hours daily if I become moderator. If you mean MC in general, then almost 3 years now.

Why do you want to become a moderator?: I want to become a moderator mainly because I feel that the Tekkify server needs a well experienced and mature rule enforcer. Me becoming a moderator will benefit Tekkify in many ways, as I do what I’m supposed to do as a moderator, which is moderate. I care about Luke and I care about his accomplishments. I honestly don’t want to see Tekkify fall like many other great servers. I don’t know if Tekkify has good moderators, or staff members in general, but I do know that I’m that good moderator that will enforce each and every rule daily. When I work on something, I work on it. I’ll be on hours a day doing my job as a moderator. I need to get rid of any griefers, hackers, etc that come into this amazing server.

What makes you the best candidate?: What makes me the best candidate is my experience really. I’ve moderated servers before and I know what the drill is. I’ve read all the rules and I know if someone breaks a rule, they’ll have to receive the consequences by the consequence giver, who are the moderators. I am also extremely mature. I enjoy playing this game, but when I have a duty, I work on that duty. I am strict when it comes to moderating (I don’t know why I’m not as strict when I’m admin or manager). I may be strict enforcing the rules, but I am fun and friendly to be around you. If you’re respectful and fun, I’m going to associate with you. But, if you’re stuck-up and rude, I wont associate with you. An advantage of me being a moderator is that I don’t make best friends as a moderator. That’s a good thing because if a mod has a best friend on the server, and the best friend does something bad, the mod will just give his best friend chances and chances and chances. That also makes the situation vulnerable to the mod spawning items for the best friend. As I’ve explained, I’m fair when it comes to moderation. I handle my business in a legitimate way.

Do you have previous experience moderating?: Yes, I do have previous experience in moderating. I’ve moderate a bunch of forums and websites, as well as Minecraft servers. Not only have I moderated MC servers, but I have administrated, managed and even owned a Minecraft server successfully. All servers I’ve administrated or managed gained more than thirty members online daily.

Do you have previous experience with Tekkit?: I joined a Tekkit server once and I’ve been playing single-player on Tekkit. I really enjoy the mods.

now i remember what i did wrong

In-game username:tiffit

Who were you banned by?:dont know

What were you banned for?:griefing

When were you banned?:about 4 days ago

Do you admit fault?:yes

What was your rank?member

Why should you be unbanned?:because i made a mistake and it wont happen again i will tell you the mistake later

Extra Information:love this server

We are having a small issue with some of the BC pipes, so we ask that you remove all of your BuildCraft pipes before 08 June, 8:00PM BST. This does not affect RedPower pipes or any other items.

List of items that it WILL affect/delete:

• Waterproof redstone pipe
  • Redstone transport pipe
  • Advanced insertion pipe
  • Advanced wooden transport pipe
  • Distribution transport pipe
  • Item teleport pipe
  • Waterproof item teleport pipe
  • Power teleport pipe
  • Wooden transport pipe
  • Cobblestone transport pipe
  • Stone transport pipe
  • Iron transport pipe
  • Golden transport pipe
  • Diamond transport pipe
  • Obsidian transport pipe
  • Wooden waterproof pipe
  • Cobblestone waterproof pipe
  • Stone waterproof pipe
  • Iron waterproof pipe
  • Golden waterproof pipe
  • Wooden conductive pipe
  • Stone conductive pipe
  • Gold conductive pipe

if you unban me i will remove mine but this is not a command okay all i am saying is if you unban me i will remove my pipes

now i remember what i did wrong

In-game username:tiffit

Who were you banned by?:dont know

What were you banned for?:griefing

When were you banned?:about 4 days ago

Do you admit fault?:yes

What was your rank?member

Why should you be unbanned?:because i made a mistake and it wont happen again i will tell you the mistake later

Extra Information:love this server

It helps to say "the mistake you made" in your ban appeal. We know what you did wrong, you decided to grief. Appeal denied.

Also - Thanks for all the feedback, and staff applications will be reviewed soon.

It helps to say "the mistake you made" in your ban appeal. We know what you did wrong, you decided to grief. Appeal denied.

Also - Thanks for all the feedback, and staff applications will be reviewed soon.

why, i relized that i took something from the wrong house why is it denied

also it says my temp ban will go away in 7 days 4 days ago and still it says 7 days?

why, i relized that i took something from the wrong house why is it denied

also it says my temp ban will go away in 7 days 4 days ago and still it says 7 days?

It means 7 days from the day you were banned, it doesn't change. You'll be unbanned when those 7 days are up.

ya but why was my ban appeal denied?

Your ban appeal had no evidence that you did not grief. This is the second time you have "made a mistake". The rules are clear and will be enforced when necessary. Wait for your time to expire.

Thanks for your patience! The server is now running and back up in full swing!

Updates:

• Removed all bugged pipes
  • Disabled world anchors and teleport tethers
  • Implemented a new and improved logging system
  • Residence prices lowered
  • Marketplace updated
  • Upgraded the server slots

Please pick up all and any teleport tethers or world anchors you may have placed

Updates:

• Trusted can now set a maximum of 2 homes while donors can now set 3.
  • Residences cost $0.02 per block, one-time payment. That's about 10k for an average sized house from sky to bedrock. More information on setting up a residence at spawn, the warp for the tutorial is next to the useful commands board.
  • We will not always rollback bugged machines, pipes, wires etc. And we cannot rollback things like IC2 crops, so protect and secure your house with a residence immediately.
  • Chests and machines will now automatically lock when placed

Building Competition Update

The prize for the first place winner now includes an alchemy bag! This is the only alchemy bag in the server, and it's up for grabs for you to win! Remember to read http://bit.ly/tekkify-build for more information on how to enter the competition!

In-game username: jcgolf1

Timezone: uk, london england

What is your current rank?: trusted

How long do you play daily?: 2-3 hours

Why do you want to become a moderator?: i want to help people get started on tekkit and try and catch the griefers

What makes you the best candidate?: because i am quite helpful

Do you have previous experience moderating?: none

Do you have previous experience with Tekkit?: yes i have played abit of single player

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons