For the Trees

Neowulf

Got the first release of my mod finished. For now it merely adds cactus, mushrooms, sticks/planks/logs and apples as IC2 crops, and a way to compress charcoal into a more energy dense fuel.

Future work will hopefully add a block that auto-harvests IC2 crops and a replacement for electric engines.

Tested in latest technic dev build, though it might work in tekkit as it's just items for now.

As it's an IC2 addon I'm posting it there to comply with Alblaka's rules. Thread is found here:

http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=6395&pageNo=1

Hey, this is neat. Now we have a stained-glass mod and this mod! Our forum is starting to pick up its pace delightfully.

derptard

New best word of the day.

EDIT: There, just posted on the IC2 forum thread. Let's see if my infamy has spread there, or if they're a little less prone to taking valid points and turning them into a flamewar than the rest of the Minecraft community.

Thanks for popping in jakj, always nice to have some support against the jackasses.

And sorry kaker, you're right, no bukkit means no tekkit. Forgot about that.

I'll look into bukkit porting it when I have some time this weekend.

I agree, derptard is my new favorite word.

Its nice to see other Torque fans!

Guess this means I actually have to start paying attention to ic2 crops, eh?

Fun engine to putz around in. Sadly what little time I have to work on it only produced a grapple hook about 4 years ago. I have so many ideas for it, but no real time with my gaming addiction...

I'm kinda hoping this modding will give me a kick in the arse and get me focused on torque again.

And IC2 crops are worth checking out. It's really easy to get your first farm setup with it, and it grows faster than normal plants. Plus if you work at it you can get iron and gold out of it pretty easily. Just requires a hell of a lot of luck (believe me, I've seen the code, cropcrossing is 99.9% luck getting anything new).

If it gets deleted I'm just going to recreate it.

Happens again, I email alblaka and let him know that I am not being allowed to follow his rules and the mod will be hosted on here from then on.

I don't agree with Alblaka's rather heavy handed rules about having to host the mod on the IC2 forums, but I respect him and will follow his wishes to the best of my ability. I will not however allow my little bit of work be silenced because some moderator is butt hurt about technic existing.

I could do a quick port of this today, pretty familar with the porting scene.

Also, great work neowolf, good to see the "hole" that forestry left being filled

EDIT: Scratch that, seems this mod is SSP only :/

I don't agree with Alblaka's rather heavy handed rules about having to host the mod on the IC2 forums, but I respect him and will follow his wishes to the best of my ability. I will not however allow my little bit of work be silenced because some moderator is butt hurt about technic existing.

I must say, this is a healthy attitude, and much more calm and measured than mine. Good on you.

I could do a quick port of this today, pretty familar with the porting scene.

Also, great work neowolf, good to see the "hole" that forestry left being filled

EDIT: Scratch that, seems this mod is SSP only :/

Hrm, I'll have to look into how to make something network then. Yay for long weekend. :)

And I Don't Know on the IC2 forums just posted a new sprite sheet. Yay for nice people helping make my terrible art hackjob look better.

What version of technic are you using? This is made from IC2 v1.95 and I've only tested it with the latest technic dev build.

Oh, and sorry Yuuko, yes it's just drop into \mods. I set all the default item IDs to use free ones in technic dev build.

What version of technic are you using? This is made from IC2 v1.95 and I've only tested it with the latest technic dev build.

Oh, and sorry Yuuko, yes it's just drop into \mods. I set all the default item IDs to use free ones in technic dev build.

I'm using IC2 v1.95b with the latest Technic dev build. You just drag the zip into the mods folder right?

What's the inside of the ftt.zip file look like?

Not at my computer right now. I can check in the morning though (bout 1:45 here).

EDIT: Just a bunch of .class and .java files in there.

EDIT2: I just made it a normal folder (not a .zip) and it loaded. Weird.