Tripwires in Vanilla?

Rbd25

This video was posted by a mojang employee Nathan "Dinnerbone" Adams. It features tripwires! I personally think they look like alot fo fun, could be awesome (yet kind of cliche for traps :P)

What does everyone else think of this? What devious devices do you foresee you making while using them?

To be honest, This is one of the first ideas that is both very handy and sticks to the vanilla feel of the game; Unlike cats . . .

Exactly. It's very original, unlike the Ender Chest they're going to add to the game.

Can the trip wires be reset or repaired in some way? I saw that you punch it off, but does it fall of or get destroyed when ran over? I assume explosions obliterate it.

You can replace the string to reset it if it gets tripped. Also, I'm guessing explosions do destroy it.

Adventure mode...

I can't think of a single decent adventure map that involved not being able to place or break anything.

Parkour doesn't count. That ran out of originality months ago.

It is good for a Hunger Games map.

Adventure mode...

I can't think of a single decent adventure map that involved not being able to place or break anything.

Parkour doesn't count. That ran out of originality months ago.

it would be good for puzzle maps, like It's Better Together, cause i am pretty sure that involves not placing or breaking anything. also makes it so you can't cheat.