Glowstone Dust

saul7877

Collectors can upgrade certain fuels to higher fuels, but you can also use energy condensors to condens junk to glowstone dust or you can transmute it with the transmutation table. In IC2 there's a secret recipe to make glowstone dust, but you need 4 gold dust and 5 redstone dust for 1 glowstone dust.

http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Dusts

If the OP is trying to completely avoid the nether, the collectors don't work out. You need glowstone to make them.

The IC2 recipe should work though.

Another possibility, do any of the IC2 crops or Forestry bees produce glowstone dust? Obviously the Forestry bees only apply if Technic 6 is being used, since Forestry isn't in later versions.

If you do it right, you can use the IC2 recipe to get 5 glowstone dust. 4 of those for your P. Stone, and then build a transmutation tablet, and transmute a ton of redstone to glowstone dust. Hope that helped, as that's what I'd do if I were avoiding the Nether entirely.

There is also the extremely long process of using UU matter to make glowstone, but I think you have to go to the nether anyway to get glowstone for some of the recopies so I'm not even sure.

Theres some other odd recipe like 4 tin dust and five gold dust, or something like that.

hm, never tried it, one of the first things I always do is build a demonic temple and construct the nether portal, run in and immediately begin running, screaming and crying until I find glowstone, break a few pieces and run all the way back, leaving a "Dirt trail" behind me as I make my way back to my portal ;p

Make a mining turtle.

Enter the nether with a couple stacks of cobble and very quickly place a cobble shell around your portal.

If you can see glowstone, make your way towards it by digging through the ground.

When close enough and above the glowstone, deploy the turtle and have it excavate an area big enough to get the glowstone.

You can also use the turtle to place floors and ceilings for you with a bit of code. My last portal placed me right next to a blaze spawner in a wide open cavern, so I used a turtle to extend a 6wide 4tall 64long tunnel of cobble out under a glowstone deposit.

• 4 months later...

I've heard 3 general advices here. 1. Energy collectors. 2. Craft it. 3. Easy ways to find it in the Nether. To people saying number 1, you need glowstone to make a collector in the first place so not the best idea. To number 3: the reason I searched this up, was because I didn't have a diamond pick, but if I could make a portal, I'd be willing to go in. I do realize that I can go to the nether without a diamond pick by placing lava in a portal shape an pouring water on it. While I'm perfectly willing to do it, I wanted to know if there was an alternative. So I would go with advice number 2.

I've heard 3 general advices here. 1. Energy collectors. 2. Craft it. 3. Easy ways to find it in the Nether. To people saying number 1, you need glowstone to make a collector in the first place so not the best idea. To number 3: the reason I searched this up, was because I didn't have a diamond pick, but if I could make a portal, I'd be willing to go in. I do realize that I can go to the nether without a diamond pick by placing lava in a portal shape an pouring water on it. While I'm perfectly willing to do it, I wanted to know if there was an alternative. So I would go with advice number 2.

You could always use a block breaker to get obsidian...much faster than other means.

I think going through the Nether is the only way (Simple way) just equip yourself with some Nano armour (http://technicpack.wikia.com/wiki/Nano_Suit) and you should be good after you get some Glowstone you can do your system much easier by using Energy collectors (http://technicpack.wikia.com/wiki/Energy_Collector) to produce glowstone.

Hope this helps