Bugs found in Tekkit 2.0 **NOTICE 2.1 FIXES A LOT OF THESE BUGS**

Cocanuta

Question

I couldn't see a main topic yet for bugs in the new release of Tekkit 2.0 so i thought i'd start a new one to share the bugs i've found and hopefully others will contribute. I'd like to point out now I can only imagine the work that goes into putting Tekkit together, this is just a bug list to help improve Tekkit, not a complaint.

• [li]The computer from ComputerCraft does not seem to be present. I can see it in NEI but it does not allow me to create or spawn it.[/li]
    [li]Weapon Mod Entities not showing in-game.[/li]
    [li]The cannon and training dummy from WeaponMod do not display once placed.[/li]
    [li]Placing wireless redstone kills the world (as it kicks me from the game and I'm unable to log in to remove the item from the world).[/li]
    [li]Moving items around in your inventory in Creative Mode causes you to be kicked from the server. There is no known fix for this right now so please stop posting it.[/li]

ComputerCraft Fix thanks to DarthDavis.

• [li]In your server mod files, find computercraft-server-1.21-bukkit-b1.1R4-r1.zip and extract the ComputerCraft folder so it's now ../mods/ComputerCraft/[/li]
    [li]Remove the computercraft-server-1.21-bukkit-b1.1R4-r1.zip file.[/li]
    [li]Run your server once to generate a new ComputerCraft config.[/li]
    [li]Go into your ComputerCraft settings file (../config/mod_ComputerCraft.cfg) and change the "diskItemID" to "4256".[/li]
    [li]Go into your forestry settings file (../config/forestry/base.conf) and change the "grower" ID from 208 to 255.[/li]

WeaponMod Fix thanks to DarthDavis.

RailCraft Tunnel Bore Fix thanks to teamplur.

If you are having issues with the Tunnel Bore in RailCraft follow this fix by teamplur.

• [li]Open up the RailCraft config file.[/li]
    [li]Look for "net.gui.cart.bore".[/li]
    [li]Change this value from "120" to "124".[/li]
    [li]Do this for both server and client.[/li]

I'm not personally having this error, but if you are, teamplur's fix should sort you right out.

MOD NOTE: In lieu of an official bug thread we will use this one. Report bugs here!

BE THOROUGH. SAYING "IT IS BROKE" IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND YOU WILL GET HELEN KELLER'D FAST.

• Answers 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Re: Bugs found in Tekkit 2.0

Cheers for the fixes so far,

item id's fixed for grower and diskitem

weapon mod id's fixed and working fine thanks to darth

next little bug

When building the computer on a standard crafting table the computer appears for a split second then disapears your matterails remain in the craft boxes and if you take one back out and add it again the computer again flashes in and out of the output section of the table, your not able to take it. There are no server errors listed in the server logs.

this server is hosted on a linux box

Regarding computers in the crafting table, I am not having this issue. If the server or client happens to give a strange signal or log please note it. Regarding the post that says buildcraft pipes are crashing, what were you doing when they crashed. Regarding not playing with BC and EE, I believe that is caused by some other mod trying to use buildcraft. Turn off Minefactory using buildcraft power in its config, turn off the extra pipes and objects mods in Modloader's config. Also turn off the Buildcraft part of Railcraft in Modloader's config, and there might be a part in forestry you need to turn off in its config but I don't know for sure.

Cheers for the fixes so far,

item id's fixed for grower and diskitem

weapon mod id's fixed and working fine thanks to darth

next little bug

When building the computer on a standard crafting table the computer appears for a split second then disapears your matterails remain in the craft boxes and if you take one back out and add it again the computer again flashes in and out of the output section of the table, your not able to take it. There are no server errors listed in the server logs.

this server is hosted on a linux box

Computercraft is misinstalled on the server. Unzip the computercraft zip in the /mods/ directory and then delete the zip.

Wooden Advanced Insertion Pipe bug -

Item can be crafted as usual, place as usual, and right clicking on the placed item causes a 'white screen' in the client.

Server doesn't show any error output.

.technicpack/logs/launcher_.log show:

[08:45:01] [sEVERE] java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 37, Size: 37

[08:45:01] [sEVERE] at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:547)

[08:45:01] [sEVERE] at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:322)

[08:45:01] [sEVERE] at cx.b(SourceFile:80)

[08:45:01] [sEVERE] at cx.a(SourceFile:233)

[08:45:01] [sEVERE] at abm.a(NetClientHandler.java:913)

[08:45:01] [sEVERE] at zn.a(SourceFile:42)

[08:45:01] [sEVERE] at kp.b(NetworkManager.java:227)

[08:45:01] [sEVERE] at abm.b(NetClientHandler.java:48)

[08:45:01] [sEVERE] at iq.c(SourceFile:57)

[08:45:01] [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(Minecraft.java:1557)

[08:45:01] [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(Minecraft.java:698)

[08:45:01] [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:638)

[08:45:01] [sEVERE] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

[08:45:12] [sEVERE] Exception in thread "Minecraft main thread"

[08:45:12] [sEVERE] org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: X Error - disp: 0x9c7f7b0 serial: 2680 error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) request_code: 2 minor_code: 0

[08:45:12] [sEVERE] at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.globalErrorHandler(LinuxDisplay.java:268)

[08:45:12] [sEVERE] at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxKeyboard.nSetDetectableKeyRepeat(Native Method)

[08:45:12] [sEVERE] at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxKeyboard.setDetectableKeyRepeat(LinuxKeyboard.java:152)

[08:45:12] [sEVERE] at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxKeyboard.destroy(LinuxKeyboard.java:163)

[08:45:12] [sEVERE] at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.destroyKeyboard(LinuxDisplay.java:1015)

[08:45:12] [sEVERE] at org.lwjgl.input.Keyboard.destroy(Keyboard.java:349)

[08:45:12] [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.d(Minecraft.java:606)

[08:45:12] [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:663)

[08:45:12] [sEVERE] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Item can be crafted as usual, place as usual, and right clicking on the placed item causes a 'white screen' in the client.

Server doesn't show any error output.

.technicpack/logs/launcher_.log show:

[08:45:01] [sEVERE] java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 37, Size: 37

[08:45:01] [sEVERE] at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:547)

[08:45:01] [sEVERE] at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:322)

[08:45:01] [sEVERE] at cx.b(SourceFile:80)

[08:45:01] [sEVERE] at cx.a(SourceFile:233)

[08:45:01] [sEVERE] at abm.a(NetClientHandler.java:913)

[08:45:01] [sEVERE] at zn.a(SourceFile:42)

[08:45:01] [sEVERE] at kp.b(NetworkManager.java:227)

[08:45:01] [sEVERE] at abm.b(NetClientHandler.java:48)

[08:45:01] [sEVERE] at iq.c(SourceFile:57)

[08:45:01] [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(Minecraft.java:1557)

[08:45:01] [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(Minecraft.java:698)

[08:45:01] [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:638)

[08:45:01] [sEVERE] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

[08:45:12] [sEVERE] Exception in thread "Minecraft main thread"

[08:45:12] [sEVERE] org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: X Error - disp: 0x9c7f7b0 serial: 2680 error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) request_code: 2 minor_code: 0

[08:45:12] [sEVERE] at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.globalErrorHandler(LinuxDisplay.java:268)

[08:45:12] [sEVERE] at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxKeyboard.nSetDetectableKeyRepeat(Native Method)

[08:45:12] [sEVERE] at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxKeyboard.setDetectableKeyRepeat(LinuxKeyboard.java:152)

[08:45:12] [sEVERE] at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxKeyboard.destroy(LinuxKeyboard.java:163)

[08:45:12] [sEVERE] at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.destroyKeyboard(LinuxDisplay.java:1015)

[08:45:12] [sEVERE] at org.lwjgl.input.Keyboard.destroy(Keyboard.java:349)

[08:45:12] [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.d(Minecraft.java:606)

[08:45:12] [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:663)

[08:45:12] [sEVERE] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

I report the same with the advanced wooden transport type when right clicking to try to open the gui.

I report the same with the advanced wooden transport type when right clicking to try to open the gui.

Okay, Seems to be a SMP only conflict with railcraft's GUI id's. I'd change them myself so they wont conflict, but I can't figure out exactly which are free and which aren't.

found a small bug with sorting pressing r to sort your inventory will pop the divining rod on to your mouse and not complete the sorting

i also managed to crash my game by pressing r to many times in a row this both on our little home server and the ssp i sadly don't have a bug report from either incidents cause i didn't think of it at the time sorry to have so little info hope its enough

and i wish you would leave the crafting bug in i love having infinite bars of bronze ;D

A tentative fix to this is change the

net.gui.utility.feed.station=108

line in railcraft.cfg to

net.gui.utility.feed.station=125

I haven't noticed any other conflicts after doing this.

EDIT: This is necessary on both the server and client by the way

When putting the red matter / dark matter / or gem armor on my client crashes (white screen). I thought I found something on this in the forums, but the search did not bring anything up for red matter, redmatter, rm armor etc.

Someone please point me to the right place if the fix has been found. Thanks.

When putting the red matter / dark matter / or gem armor on my client crashes (white screen). I thought I found something on this in the forums, but the search did not bring anything up for red matter, redmatter, rm armor etc.

Someone please point me to the right place if the fix has been found. Thanks.

I get this too, error is:

[02:06:14] [sEVERE] java.lang.AbstractMethodError

[02:06:14] [sEVERE] at agq.a(GuiIngame.java:116)

[02:06:14] [sEVERE] at kz.b(EntityRenderer.java:945)

[02:06:14] [sEVERE] at EntityRendererProxy.b(EntityRendererProxy.java:15)

[02:06:14] [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(Minecraft.java:741)

[02:06:14] [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:638)

[02:06:14] [sEVERE] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Did some Googling and found complaints from other people that seems similar.

A tentative fix to this is change the

net.gui.utility.feed.station=108

line in railcraft.cfg to

net.gui.utility.feed.station=125

I haven't noticed any other conflicts after doing this.

EDIT: This is necessary on both the server and client by the way

When using this fix, it fixed the teleport pipes, and the variants, but right clicking on a advanced wooden transport pipe still crashes the client.

I was directed to put this bug here so here it goes.

It seems as though the Jetpack is not working correctly. We have tried to put it into hovermode but no key will do so. As it stands even if we come down slow without hovermode it will either kill us or take more than 1/2 our life. Has anyone found a fix for this?

I play with all of the fixes found so far except for Wireless redstone which is disabled, as well as crafting table 2 which is also disabled.

Concerning the doubleslab blocks, giving oneself blocks with the cheatmode works for one block, the double stoneslab. Givning oneself the other type of doubleslab blocks gives you the double stoneslab type. Also, as someone else pointed out, all doubleslabs are impossible to build by stacking regular slabs on top of each other.

I also was unable to build a thermopile, I would guess that it is because the copper is of another type than in the recipe.

I can confirm the problems with the jetpack as well.

Oddities with eqvivalent exchange but since this is the first time I have played with EE maybe I should let someone else check this out, but anyway. I managed to get -1 in EMC on the left side in the transmutation table while shiftclicking to move items, shiftclicking also seems to get them stuck on mousepointer instead, but not always, just a tad random. Full Dark Matter armour seems weak, should I be almost two hitted by endermen? (Hard difficulty). Tested against a zombie, No armour took 3 hearts, Full dark matter armour took 2 hearts per hit.

Items not recognised by the transmutation table are destroyed outright, is this by design?

Armour test.

I did a test with different armours (hard difficulty).

I let a zombie do one punch at me with different armours, brand new or fully charged in the case of nano and quantum.

Result:

No armour: 3 hearts damage

Leather armour 2 hearts damage

Chain armour 2,5 hearts damage

Iron armour 2 hearts damage

Gold armour 2 hearts damage

Diamond armour 2 hearts damage

Bronze armour 2 hearts damage

Dark Matter armour 2 hearts damage

Red Matter armour 2 hearts damage

Gemmed armour 2 hearts damage

Nano armour 0 hearts damage

Quantum armour 0 hearts damage

I think the result speaks for itself, the armours are bugged, except maybe for Nano and quantum which seems to work as intended, taking damage on energy instead.

[Edit:] Tested gemmed armour as well.

I did the Weapon Mod fix and the projectiles/entities show up but I'm can't seem to fire the cannon. I can place it on the ground, and even load it but even when I rightclick on it to aim, when I press the jump key it doesn't fire...

Is anyone else having this problem?

Seems like no kind of protection plugin works like it should.

Towny Factions Regios WorldGuard or standard BukkitSpawnProtection wont prohibit placement of blocks in Protected Areas, only breaking blocks is prohibited.

This can lead to spawn griefing or People getting their homes/bases destroyed.

I found some threads discussing this:

http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,2143.0.html

http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,2376.0.html

http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,1922.0.html

I did the Weapon Mod fix and the projectiles/entities show up but I'm can't seem to fire the cannon. I can place it on the ground, and even load it but even when I rightclick on it to aim, when I press the jump key it doesn't fire...

Is anyone else having this problem?

A player on my server reports problem with the cannon but I have yet to verify it.

I'm running a server and when we use EE with buldcraft we get:

2012-02-25 02:02:54 [sEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException

2012-02-25 02:02:54 [sEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.ItemStack.doMaterialsMatch(ItemStack.java:243)

2012-02-25 02:02:54 [sEVERE] 	at ee.TileCondenser.extractItem(TileCondenser.java:539)

2012-02-25 02:02:54 [sEVERE] 	at buildcraft.transport.pipes.PipeItemsWood.checkExtract(PipeItemsWood.java:111)

2012-02-25 02:02:54 [sEVERE] 	at buildcraft.transport.pipes.PipeItemsWood.doWork(PipeItemsWood.java:90)

2012-02-25 02:02:54 [sEVERE] 	at buildcraft.transport.TileGenericPipe.doWork(TileGenericPipe.java:159)

2012-02-25 02:02:54 [sEVERE] 	at buildcraft.api.PowerProvider.update(PowerProvider.java:52)

2012-02-25 02:02:54 [sEVERE] 	at buildcraft.transport.TileGenericPipe.l_(TileGenericPipe.java:108)

2012-02-25 02:02:54 [sEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:1182)

2012-02-25 02:02:54 [sEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:534)

2012-02-25 02:02:54 [sEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:441)

2012-02-25 02:02:54 [sEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)

2012-02-25 02:02:54 [sEVERE] Unexpected exception

java.lang.NullPointerException

at net.minecraft.server.ItemStack.doMaterialsMatch(ItemStack.java:243)

at ee.TileCondenser.extractItem(TileCondenser.java:539)

at buildcraft.transport.pipes.PipeItemsWood.checkExtract(PipeItemsWood.java:111)

at buildcraft.transport.pipes.PipeItemsWood.doWork(PipeItemsWood.java:90)

at buildcraft.transport.TileGenericPipe.doWork(TileGenericPipe.java:159)

at buildcraft.api.PowerProvider.update(PowerProvider.java:52)

at buildcraft.transport.TileGenericPipe.l_(TileGenericPipe.java:108)

at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:1182)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:534)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:441)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)

And i've needed to restore from backup, because when server is restarted it produce exception

Seconding the exactly same error report.

[EDIT]Just got this one multiple times in a row with only 1 player on the server. It seems to always happen when a certain player joins the server. I think it might have more to do with the player being in a certain location though as we now have 3 players who are bugged. Maybe the said location has some blocks that when rendered cause bad things to happen.[/EDIT]

CraftingTable 2 seems kinda buggy. When you try to grab an item or block out of it's GUI, it often gives you another, unwanted item/block in your inventory instead. For example, I clicked on copper cabling in the CraftingTable 2 (and I had all the need material for it), but the CraftingTable 2 gave me something else (I forgot exactly what I got, it was like an iron furnace or another type of cable).