Bugs found in Tekkit 2.0 **NOTICE 2.1 FIXES A LOT OF THESE BUGS**

Cocanuta

Question

I couldn't see a main topic yet for bugs in the new release of Tekkit 2.0 so i thought i'd start a new one to share the bugs i've found and hopefully others will contribute. I'd like to point out now I can only imagine the work that goes into putting Tekkit together, this is just a bug list to help improve Tekkit, not a complaint.

• [li]The computer from ComputerCraft does not seem to be present. I can see it in NEI but it does not allow me to create or spawn it.[/li]
    [li]Weapon Mod Entities not showing in-game.[/li]
    [li]The cannon and training dummy from WeaponMod do not display once placed.[/li]
    [li]Placing wireless redstone kills the world (as it kicks me from the game and I'm unable to log in to remove the item from the world).[/li]
    [li]Moving items around in your inventory in Creative Mode causes you to be kicked from the server. There is no known fix for this right now so please stop posting it.[/li]

ComputerCraft Fix thanks to DarthDavis.

• [li]In your server mod files, find computercraft-server-1.21-bukkit-b1.1R4-r1.zip and extract the ComputerCraft folder so it's now ../mods/ComputerCraft/[/li]
    [li]Remove the computercraft-server-1.21-bukkit-b1.1R4-r1.zip file.[/li]
    [li]Run your server once to generate a new ComputerCraft config.[/li]
    [li]Go into your ComputerCraft settings file (../config/mod_ComputerCraft.cfg) and change the "diskItemID" to "4256".[/li]
    [li]Go into your forestry settings file (../config/forestry/base.conf) and change the "grower" ID from 208 to 255.[/li]

WeaponMod Fix thanks to DarthDavis.

RailCraft Tunnel Bore Fix thanks to teamplur.

If you are having issues with the Tunnel Bore in RailCraft follow this fix by teamplur.

• [li]Open up the RailCraft config file.[/li]
    [li]Look for "net.gui.cart.bore".[/li]
    [li]Change this value from "120" to "124".[/li]
    [li]Do this for both server and client.[/li]

I'm not personally having this error, but if you are, teamplur's fix should sort you right out.

MOD NOTE: In lieu of an official bug thread we will use this one. Report bugs here!

BE THOROUGH. SAYING "IT IS BROKE" IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND YOU WILL GET HELEN KELLER'D FAST.

• Answers 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Forum Administrators

Re: Bugs found in Tekkit 2.0

I'll remind you kids down here as well. If you simply post 'ITS BROKE' that is not helpful and gums up the whole thing. Saying "I can't seem to create computer craft things" is acceptable. We need information, not sound bites of 'lol its fuked'. Ok? Ok.

- Treetaps (the Forestry one, not the IC2 one) cause an error after conversion, though the rest of the Forestry items in our world look okay. The following shows up in the log:

10:16:12 [iNFO] Attempted to place a tile entity (forestry.TileMill@d60e4c) at -211,60,723 (null) where there was no entity tile!

10:16:12 [iNFO] Chunk coordinates: -224,720

10:16:12 [sEVERE] java.lang.Exception

10:16:12 [sEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.Chunk.a(Chunk.java:622)

10:16:12 [sEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.Chunk.a(Chunk.java:595)

10:16:12 [sEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.ChunkLoader.a(ChunkLoader.java:234)

10:16:12 [sEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.ChunkRegionLoader.a(ChunkRegionLoader.java:53)

10:16:12 [sEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.loadChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:135)

10:16:12 [sEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.getChunkAt(ChunkProviderServer.java:78)

10:16:12 [sEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:332)

10:16:12 [sEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:178)

10:16:12 [sEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:411)

10:16:12 [sEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)

Treetaps are showing up in NEI as ID 196:2 in the old install, and 255:2 in the new one, though that doesn't match up with anything in the Forestry config file. It seems like they should be 208:2, but that conflicts with the ComputerCraft disk drive.

- Some Railcraft stuff I had in a chest got swapped around (signal lamps became switch motors, a crowbar became a signal tuner, block signals became coal coke, etc.). It doesn't seem to have affected any of the rail that's already been laid though.

- And not really a bug, but people might run into it and think it is: to convert the Nether map, you have to select the 'DIM-1' directory under 'world_nether', not the top directory like you do for the regular 'world'.

i placed a chunkloading block under my main building and just happned to look at the log right after i did and saw this

[sEVERE] java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\***\Desktop\Tekkit_Server_2.0\Twin Town\ChunkLoader.doNotTouch (The system cannot find the file specified)

2012-02-23 14:30:05 [sEVERE] 	at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)

2012-02-23 14:30:05 [sEVERE] 	at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

2012-02-23 14:30:05 [sEVERE] 	at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

2012-02-23 14:30:05 [sEVERE] 	at buildcraft.zeldo.MutiPlayerProxy.LoadChunkData(MutiPlayerProxy.java:131)

2012-02-23 14:30:05 [sEVERE] 	at buildcraft.zeldo.MutiPlayerProxy.AddChunkToList2(MutiPlayerProxy.java:94)

2012-02-23 14:30:05 [sEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.mod_zAdditionalPipes.OnTickInGame(mod_zAdditionalPipes.java:139)

2012-02-23 14:30:05 [sEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.ModLoader.OnTick(ModLoader.java:851)

2012-02-23 14:30:05 [sEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:416)

2012-02-23 14:30:05 [sEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)

just putting it out there, didnt seem to effect anything in game that i can see

There are two problems with Computercraft

1.It is installed incorrectly in the server. To fix this extract the computercraft-server-1.21-bukkit-b1.1R4-r1.zip then delete it the zip.

2.The block ids are wrong in this release too. To fix this change the grower block id from 208 to 255 in the forestry config. Now run the server to generate a new computercraft config and then change the disk id to 4256. This also fixes the problems with Forestry.

Mining Well doesn't mine in Multiplayer. Or am I the only one having this problem?

*EDIT: Quarries don't work either. Is something wrong with my Buildcraft settings?

and Entities don't show either. Can someone confirm this and reply? Thanks*

- Treetaps (the Forestry one, not the IC2 one) cause an error after conversion, though the rest of the Forestry items in our world look okay. The following shows up in the log:

Treetaps are showing up in NEI as ID 196:2 in the old install, and 255:2 in the new one, though that doesn't match up with anything in the Forestry config file. It seems like they should be 208:2, but that conflicts with the ComputerCraft disk drive.

- Some Railcraft stuff I had in a chest got swapped around (signal lamps became switch motors, a crowbar became a signal tuner, block signals became coal coke, etc.). It doesn't seem to have affected any of the rail that's already been laid though.

- And not really a bug, but people might run into it and think it is: to convert the Nether map, you have to select the 'DIM-1' directory under 'world_nether', not the top directory like you do for the regular 'world'.

Ok so forestry should be fixed.

Unfortunately all the railcraft item ids changed and I don't have a list of them at the moment so railcraft items in inventories and chests won't change.

The nether worlds should also be fixed you can do it the way you suggested but that wont update player inventories, you should be able to point it to the root folder now which will.

No players seem to be able to connect to the server in a linux hosting environment. There are no errors when the server starts or runs, the console simply says "IP has lost connection" or "User disconnected: end of stream"

This error does not occur under a windows OS.

No players seem to be able to connect to the server in a linux hosting environment. There are no errors when the server starts or runs, the console simply says "IP has lost connection" or "User disconnected: end of stream"

This error does not occur under a windows OS.

I have 2 servers running in Debian and they both work.

--

Creative mode crashes the server. If you are an op and just go into creative mode and give yourself something from NEI, if you click on that item in the hot bar area of inventory, or just click on anything in minecraft's default area, it just crashes with a server error.

Unable to place double stoneslabs.

Not sure if this is a bug or if it is locked by one of the admintools as standard, but when trying to place a stoneslab on top of another, and thereby building a double stoneslab, it pops back into the inventory right after.

Concerning craschbug in Linux some people here are reporting, I had the same thing but found the reason for it in my case. Do not unzip the files in windows and then send them over to the linux server. Send over the zipped file and unzip it directly on the server instead. It was stupid of me to forget this. I never bothered finding out exactly why this is but just assume windows does something funky with the end of line characters and whitespaces in the textfiles somewhere along the way.

Re: Some bugs i've found in new 2.0

Another one I feel seems to be happening alot mainly with cables, is that when crafting them via Crafting Table II, the Copper is consumed up reappears shortly after.

I can add to this iorn furnace often gives you back a cobble one, RE-Bat often give back the tin. Not sure of the cause.

when i try to load tekkit 2.0 this bug report comes up pls help :'( :'( :'(

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 942511fc --------

Generated 24/02/12 18:59

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.1

Java: 1.6.0_18, Sun Microsystems Inc.

VM: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.

LWJGL: 2.4.2

OpenGL: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series version 3.2.9704 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 249 is already occupied by ic2.common.BlockTex@34adcae8 when adding ic2.common.BlockTex@7de4605c

at oe.<init>(Block.java:176)

at oe.<init>(Block.java:204)

at ic2.platform.BlockCommon.<init>(BlockCommon.java:12)

at ic2.common.BlockTex.<init>(BlockTex.java:30)

at mod_IC2.initialize(mod_IC2.java:201)

at ic2.platform.Ic2.load(Ic2.java:65)

at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:824)

at ModLoader.AddAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:189)

at afq.<init>(afq.java:80)

at afq.<clinit>(afq.java:9)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:316)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:624)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

--- END ERROR REPORT eda82cc7 ----------

USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST BECAUSE IT DOES NOT. BELONG. HERE.

Ok because people aren't getting it.

To fix forestry tree taps change the id of grower in the server config to 255 instead of 208.

To fix ALL problems with the weapon mod, change the entity ids weapon mod config in the mods folder in both the server and the client to

spear-entity=255

knife-entity=254

flail-entity=253

dynamite-entity=252

javelin-entity=251

bullet-entity=250

dart-entity=249

bolt-entity=248

cannon-entity=247

cannonball-entity=246

shot-entity=245

dummy-entity=244

I'm running a server and when we use EE with buldcraft we get:

2012-02-25 02:02:54 [sEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException

2012-02-25 02:02:54 [sEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.ItemStack.doMaterialsMatch(ItemStack.java:243)

2012-02-25 02:02:54 [sEVERE] 	at ee.TileCondenser.extractItem(TileCondenser.java:539)

2012-02-25 02:02:54 [sEVERE] 	at buildcraft.transport.pipes.PipeItemsWood.checkExtract(PipeItemsWood.java:111)

2012-02-25 02:02:54 [sEVERE] 	at buildcraft.transport.pipes.PipeItemsWood.doWork(PipeItemsWood.java:90)

2012-02-25 02:02:54 [sEVERE] 	at buildcraft.transport.TileGenericPipe.doWork(TileGenericPipe.java:159)

2012-02-25 02:02:54 [sEVERE] 	at buildcraft.api.PowerProvider.update(PowerProvider.java:52)

2012-02-25 02:02:54 [sEVERE] 	at buildcraft.transport.TileGenericPipe.l_(TileGenericPipe.java:108)

2012-02-25 02:02:54 [sEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:1182)

2012-02-25 02:02:54 [sEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:534)

2012-02-25 02:02:54 [sEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:441)

2012-02-25 02:02:54 [sEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)

2012-02-25 02:02:54 [sEVERE] Unexpected exception

java.lang.NullPointerException

at net.minecraft.server.ItemStack.doMaterialsMatch(ItemStack.java:243)

at ee.TileCondenser.extractItem(TileCondenser.java:539)

at buildcraft.transport.pipes.PipeItemsWood.checkExtract(PipeItemsWood.java:111)

at buildcraft.transport.pipes.PipeItemsWood.doWork(PipeItemsWood.java:90)

at buildcraft.transport.TileGenericPipe.doWork(TileGenericPipe.java:159)

at buildcraft.api.PowerProvider.update(PowerProvider.java:52)

at buildcraft.transport.TileGenericPipe.l_(TileGenericPipe.java:108)

at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:1182)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:534)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:441)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)

And i've needed to restore from backup, because when server is restarted it produce exception

Buildcraft pipes broke the server

error output:

16:48:02 [sEVERE] java.lang.ClassCastException: buildcraft.transport.TileGenericPipe cannot be cast to buildcraft.energy.TileEngine

16:48:02 [sEVERE]  at buildcraft.energy.BlockEngine.isPipeConnected(BlockEngine.java:128)

16:48:02 [sEVERE]  at buildcraft.core.Utils.checkPipesConnections(Utils.java:385)

16:48:02 [sEVERE]  at buildcraft.transport.PipeTransportLiquids.canReceiveLiquid(PipeTransportLiquids.java:51)

16:48:02 [sEVERE]  at buildcraft.transport.PipeTransportLiquids.computeOutputs(PipeTransportLiquids.java:183)

16:48:02 [sEVERE]  at buildcraft.transport.PipeTransportLiquids.moveLiquids(PipeTransportLiquids.java:117)

16:48:02 [sEVERE]  at buildcraft.transport.PipeTransportLiquids.updateEntity(PipeTransportLiquids.java:58)

16:48:02 [sEVERE]  at buildcraft.transport.Pipe.updateEntity(Pipe.java:108)

16:48:02 [sEVERE]  at buildcraft.transport.TileGenericPipe.l_(TileGenericPipe.java:113)

16:48:02 [sEVERE]  at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:1182)

16:48:02 [sEVERE]  at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:534)

16:48:02 [sEVERE]  at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:441)

16:48:02 [sEVERE]  at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)

16:48:02 [sEVERE] Unexpected exception

java.lang.ClassCastException: buildcraft.transport.TileGenericPipe cannot be cast to buildcraft.energy.TileEngine

at buildcraft.energy.BlockEngine.isPipeConnected(BlockEngine.java:128)

at buildcraft.core.Utils.checkPipesConnections(Utils.java:385)

at buildcraft.transport.PipeTransportLiquids.canReceiveLiquid(PipeTransportLiquids.java:51)

at buildcraft.transport.PipeTransportLiquids.computeOutputs(PipeTransportLiquids.java:183)

at buildcraft.transport.PipeTransportLiquids.moveLiquids(PipeTransportLiquids.java:117)

at buildcraft.transport.PipeTransportLiquids.updateEntity(PipeTransportLiquids.java:58)

at buildcraft.transport.Pipe.updateEntity(Pipe.java:108)

at buildcraft.transport.TileGenericPipe.l_(TileGenericPipe.java:113)

at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:1182)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:534)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:441)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)

Please help

Ok because people aren't getting it.

To fix forestry tree taps change the id of grower in the server config to 255 instead of 208.

To fix ALL problems with the weapon mod, change the entity ids weapon mod config in the mods folder in both the server and the client to

spear-entity=255

knife-entity=254

flail-entity=253

dynamite-entity=252

javelin-entity=251

bullet-entity=250

dart-entity=249

bolt-entity=248

cannon-entity=247

cannonball-entity=246

shot-entity=245

dummy-entity=244

Made some simple drop-in file replacements implementing the above changes. Attached.

Both client and server must have these applied or the universe will explode.

Got a fix for the WirelessRedstone problem.

Client appears to be missing some files.

Download this zip and place it (don't unzip it) in .techniclauncher/tekkit/mods/

http://minecraft.ali4z.com/downloads/1.5/1_1/WirelessRedstoneClient.zip

You should now be able to place the Wireless Blocks and also log back into worlds that crashed when you tried placing them before.

When you try to spawn a lamp it tells you that item doesnt excist. NEI says it should be block id 215 so i change it in the server files. Now it lets me spawn them but only white lamps. If I try spawning any other lamps it spawns me a white lamp. When you try to place the lamp it appears as a buildcraft iron pipe and kindof flickers every few seconds. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?