Bugs found in Tekkit 2.0 **NOTICE 2.1 FIXES A LOT OF THESE BUGS**

Cocanuta

Question

I couldn't see a main topic yet for bugs in the new release of Tekkit 2.0 so i thought i'd start a new one to share the bugs i've found and hopefully others will contribute. I'd like to point out now I can only imagine the work that goes into putting Tekkit together, this is just a bug list to help improve Tekkit, not a complaint.

• [li]The computer from ComputerCraft does not seem to be present. I can see it in NEI but it does not allow me to create or spawn it.[/li]
    [li]Weapon Mod Entities not showing in-game.[/li]
    [li]The cannon and training dummy from WeaponMod do not display once placed.[/li]
    [li]Placing wireless redstone kills the world (as it kicks me from the game and I'm unable to log in to remove the item from the world).[/li]
    [li]Moving items around in your inventory in Creative Mode causes you to be kicked from the server. There is no known fix for this right now so please stop posting it.[/li]

ComputerCraft Fix thanks to DarthDavis.

• [li]In your server mod files, find computercraft-server-1.21-bukkit-b1.1R4-r1.zip and extract the ComputerCraft folder so it's now ../mods/ComputerCraft/[/li]
    [li]Remove the computercraft-server-1.21-bukkit-b1.1R4-r1.zip file.[/li]
    [li]Run your server once to generate a new ComputerCraft config.[/li]
    [li]Go into your ComputerCraft settings file (../config/mod_ComputerCraft.cfg) and change the "diskItemID" to "4256".[/li]
    [li]Go into your forestry settings file (../config/forestry/base.conf) and change the "grower" ID from 208 to 255.[/li]

WeaponMod Fix thanks to DarthDavis.

RailCraft Tunnel Bore Fix thanks to teamplur.

If you are having issues with the Tunnel Bore in RailCraft follow this fix by teamplur.

• [li]Open up the RailCraft config file.[/li]
    [li]Look for "net.gui.cart.bore".[/li]
    [li]Change this value from "120" to "124".[/li]
    [li]Do this for both server and client.[/li]

I'm not personally having this error, but if you are, teamplur's fix should sort you right out.

MOD NOTE: In lieu of an official bug thread we will use this one. Report bugs here!

BE THOROUGH. SAYING "IT IS BROKE" IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND YOU WILL GET HELEN KELLER'D FAST.

• Answers 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Re: Bugs found in Tekkit 2.0

What I've noticed is that the transmutation tablet is destroying fuel. Even coal. Makes my energy collector kind of pointless. The thing is, it used to just give me back my items when they weren't recognized and now they destroy things I know it had learned. I can't confirm if this is due to the minor upgrade.

Edit: I've asked someone on the server to try coal and it worked fine for him. Moar confusion!

So I have uninstalled crafting table II and applied the computercraft fix and the forestry/weapon mod fixes. I was able to craft / wear my gem armor without crashing. Next up- my hurricane boots are not allowing me to fly and when a creeper exploded next to me while wearing all gem armor except a regular red matter chestplate- it did 8.5 hearts of damage to me. In SSP that would have been 1/2 heart- maybe.

Does anyone know of a fix to the armor situation?

This is a solution for those using PEX and modifyworld, for 3 nodes to add that prevent usage of the CTII, Alch table, and righclicking with the p.stone, since it bypasses protections to change blocks. This dont prevent ppl from crafting it, place it etc, but it cant be opened/rightclicked.

- -modifyworld.item.use.27526.on.block.*

- -modifyworld.item.use.*on.block.132

- -modifyworld.item.use.*on.block.235

- modifyworld.*

Note that the last node is needed, or else everything gets blocked, and i mean everything :P.

Modifyworld should look something like this:

informPlayers: true

enable: true

itemRestrictions: true

prohibitedItem: You have prohibited item "%s".

whitelistMessage: You are not allowed to join this server. Goodbye!

permissionDenied: Sorry, you don't have permission to do that.

whitelist: You are not allowed to join this server. Goodbye!

whitelist: false

use-material-names: false

check-metadata: false

item-use-check: true

drop-restricted-item: false

I do not have that issue... are you using the "r" key over the 1st jetpack?

mouse hovering over electric jetpack, pressing 'r' -> recipe shows up

mouse hovering over normal jetpack, pressing 'r' -> nothing happens

I haven't tested this extensively, so I don't know, if there are any other recipes missing.

I made a new server and I have a few problems with world generation. It generates ores, rubberwood trees and volcanoes like normal, but I have not seen a single rubber tree (IC2) and no oil. I have checked the configs and they should generate, and I have tested them in the server to check that they work. When I plant saplings they grow normally into a rubber tree. So I had to cheat to get 1 rubber tree so we could get it going. Also the first time nether was generated there was no open spaces, only netherrack and nether ores but I fixed it by deleting nether and generating again. I would really like to get some oil though.

I don't get any errors in console.

EDIT: Nvm, I generated some new chunks in the world. It's working.

Okay so I was suggest to post the bug here, Original Post: http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,2387.0.html

No matter what I do or try, and trust me, if you read the other topic, I have tried a lot, I cannot get the automatic farm making machines to work no matter how much power or what builds and engines and what kind of power I use. I have tried re-downloading and all the good stuff, dunno if this is a bug with the tekkit client or what. Just wanted to know if it is something I am actually doing wrong, which I don't think it is because I've tried things exactly like other people and it isn't working. It is only the automatic farm making machines not working like the Aroboretum and Peat Bog, etc. The logger and other harvester machines work perfect, and really fast with the factory of redstone engines I have set up attached to it. Any ideas please?

Bugs I found so far.

- If you die, with you LapPack, Mining Drill, Klein Star and all those things that have energy in them. They will lose there energy. Which is really annoying me!

- Teleport pipes crash on opening GUI for me.

- The Crafting Table2 thingy is really buggy, But I assume that's not your fault. If you make a new item in the crafting bench for example you want to make a wooden gear. You make sticks out of wooden planks then you cant seem to find the wooden gear. Only if you close the GUI and open it again.

I post a topic about this which got closed for some reason..

using the crafting bench mark2 i crafted some armor made of bronze(with industrial craft encase there's any other type) and once i leave the crating bench mark 2 i have the same amount of bronze as before its simply unfair advantage

I was directed to put this bug here so here it goes.

It seems as though the Jetpack is not working correctly. We have tried to put it into hovermode but no key will do so. As it stands even if we come down slow without hovermode it will either kill us or take more than 1/2 our life. Has anyone found a fix for this?

To add to the h key not working, it's also not configarable in the controls screen. The two are probably related.

And to be more explicit, the regular mode will quickly rack up a massive fall distance (any downward movement is not counteracted by upward movement). This does mean you can ascend and land and be fine, but going down will always damage you. (Or lots of horizontal travel).

*workaroundish* - wear rubber boots. They'll hugely reduce the damage (but break very quickly due to the huge amounts of fall damage). This should make it nearly usable for basic use.

Transmutationtable can dupe whatever item u want, vanilla or Tekkititems

To elaborate on this, the dupe bug is reproduced as follows: place an item on the left of the trans tablet then alt-click it out on the right. I think this may be a problem with Convenient Inventory and EE together.

Not entirely sure if these are bugs or maybe EssentialProtect but,

Movement enhancing isn't working with the red matter crystal armor. Doesn't let you fly or run fast.

Pressing C while wearing red matter crystal armor is supposed to create an explosion that mines the area around you. It shows the blocks destroyed but then they all heal in a few seconds. I'm thinking maybe that the client recognizes the explosion but the server doesn't?

I'm not sure what the offensive powers do with the red matter crystal armor so I didn't know how to test those.

Nova Catalyst and Nova Cataclysm both don't work. When you set them off, nothing happens except that one piece of cobblestone appears in your inventory with both of them. The Nova Cataclysm disappears upon activation.

I haven't tested the Swiftwolf's Rending Gale yet but I have a feeling that flying may not work either.

EDIT: And also anything charged loses charge upon holder's death. Bug or feature?

Bugs I've found in Tekkit 2.0:

- Occasional Inventory glitch that causes both left and right clicking to act as a shift click. This is resolved by restarting the client.

- Sometimes, the server generates only 100% snow terrain, no oil. Deleting the world and regenerating has fixed this 100% of the time.

- Half block vanilla slabs do not stack on each other.

- Weapons mod weapons are not enchantable. End of Stream errors on the client, and the weapon (ie Halberd) is ejected from the enchantment table, and lays on the ground. When logging back in the weapon is not enchanted but can be picked up. In SSP enchantments do not crash the client, but they are not applied. In both cases, the enchantment window shows valid enchantments to the weapon.

- No Tesla Coil sound or effect in SMP

- IndustrialCraft machinery noises are not effect by game sound effect volume (always 100% loudness).

- Almost all Armor does not work. No defense is applied to the player and the armor does not take any durability damage. The enchantments on the armor, however, do apply.

- Rubber trees are very rare (intended?)

- Crafting table 2 sometimes dupes certain ores ie: the ores are not consumed after crafting. Seems to happen with Bronze.

- Bonemeal frequently turns into "Ink Sacs" in the hotbar inventory after being used. However, once used again, they revert to bonemeal.

- Sometimes, items with charge levels show being fully charged when they are actually empty. The meter refreshes when inserting them into a charger.

I can't get builders from buildcraft to build anything. They put up the frame but then just sits there doing nothing. Can someone confirm this?

1- does it get enought power from engine? try at least 2 combustion engine

2-did you place a valid blueprint (with all the proper ressources its asking for) or template with any ressources?

let me no if it worked out

- IndustrialCraft machinery noises are not effect by game sound effect volume (always 100% loudness).

- Rubber trees are very rare (intended?)

Just to note on these two.

The machinery noises have been like this since atleast last version. If you adjust your volume while near a running machine, it'll fix the sounds until the machine unloads from your client (go very far away or log out). There is also an option in the IC2.cfg file to turn off sounds.

Yes, rubber trees are rare, except when they aren't. Like your snow biome one, that's just part of worldgen. There is no code in place to guarantee you easy access to specific resources or biomes.

I cannot get OV scanners to work at all, the OD scanner works perfectly, but when I right click on the ground with a fully charge OV scanner, it does nothing.

EDIT: It works just fine in Singleplayer with Tekkit enabled, so it must be something wrong with the server.

I have a small problem with my tree farm. The logger cuts down trees but only collects wood now and then so I have to collect it manually. The arboretum is working fine and receives a steady flow of saplings.

The machines are powered by one steam engine each, the exact same setup I use in my wheat farm which works with no problems at all.

Is this a bug?