Feed the beast! No matches ongoing right now

Neko, to his defense, archangels smite hits whoever it can and i was hiding... Shudnt have been firing it it the first place though... Also, id love to play again, as long as its not against Alpha :/ Another thing, if you guys need help working on it for the next version, let me know, I'm pretty damn good with tight wiring, beautifying etc..

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alpha, in regards to the nether platform... You mad bro?

You blocked (by the look of it intentionally) my farms spawn rate. mobs spawned only on the outer end so ofc i was mad.

All i know is we were just a few hours from finishing, only needing to finish building up EU generation (which i was working on before i got raped by arrows), well that and building more milkers... Also, may i suggest somehow upgrading the server? Once automation got up, my entire team got crazy lag... Also damn you sp0nge for slowing down our timer overnight :o Too much entities for the server im assuming, but thats not my fault, spend more monies on the server if you want to run FTB :P

eu gen? it seemed like you had 0 prpoper emc generation before i gave u the rods. And you had 3-4 missing lights. But you did get ahead of me in the night (gmt zone). Seems like sp0nge changed my timers for the loop blaze aswell meh. The map is run on the same server as our main. Probably too little resources, so would need a dedi for this.

You were looking right at me firing shots the first time, and followed me when I tried to run.

Once is an accident, 5 times within 30 seconds of me dropping down from spawn is not.

As for the bridges, you were flying about 15 blocks above our base platform. So those protections are pretty crap.

I'm missing stuff, diamonds and cocoa I had sitting up on my breeder platform, stuff I know the rest of my team didn't touch.

Having some armor doesn't hurt. Especially when some ppl from your team killed me a few times in the nether. Killing you multiple times wasn't the intention of shooting, it was a .. mhhh.. (snippet from farquad in shrek - ) "a sacrifice i was willing to make" :D

And no, you must've looked wrong or something cose i definately was not above your region cose the "beast" regions are defined from 255 to -100.

Neko, to his defense, archangels smite hits whoever it can and i was hiding... Shudnt have been firing it it the first place though... Also, id love to play again, as long as its not against Alpha :/ Another thing, if you guys need help working on it for the next version, let me know, I'm pretty damn good with tight wiring, beautifying etc..

First theres no rule what we can or cant do so.. and anywho i was prolly shooting just out of boredom cose i finished my game.

Why not against me?

We're still waiting on your map to see your skillz :D

People cant exit theyre area, its 100% impossible (we tested and tested that over and over again)

In regards of the lag, i dont think we need an upgrade, I found enough redstone to create aprox 80 RM matter, those that knows the math, knows thats aprox 500k redstone.

The server only restarted once, that was my own fault, not giving it enough memory and it only happend once. It never crashed due to entities, players crashed due to renderingissues (guess what 500k redstone inside 11 pipes does to a client ...)

With this map, we do intend to actually not just challenge players, we also want to let ppl learn those basic basic plugins, and how Tekkit interacts with them. Those that did over 4 challenges knows what im talking about.

As Alpha stated, we do intend it to be a "norule" FTB, but its damn hard. There are just as many "bugs" that there are items added compared to Vanilla. For the blazerod, as it is by default with the mods added to Tekkit, we dont really consider it an exploit, its actually a machine/factory that needs to be set up, compared to the obv dupe with the RM furnaces etc. Call it game mechanics.

When it hits to the part where the teams get the EE items, it is as Alpha say, pretty much over. EE IS overpowered in regards of having 0 nerfs (we did nerf the huge greifitems due to that ppl stopped to play the FTB as we intended it and instead used most of the time to "greif" the other teams (tbh, they managed to blow out the netherportals for spectators so we had to stop that part).

@bwb, the timer i slowed down 15 mins before you logged in, so it wasnt off overnight :)

We do encourage the "extreme route" of the mods, sadly, but let it also let u guys learn some stuff, that some setups, machinery etc is infact bad for the client, and will cause crashes. Im totally aware of what happend and have happend to alot of servers. Also, we do want players to learn about protectionbypass with this map. Not for them to greif, but for them to learn that Tekkit, really cant be compared to Vanilla, at all. Its a totally different ballgame!

No rules?

Only way I'd play another match is if a wall was erected between the bases and some real build/destroy/move protections put into place.

Attack, theft, if I knew that was allowed I'd have sent one turtle to plug your spawn with obsidian constantly, another to mine out your base, and just sniped you with arrows.

Or even better, plug your spawn with the bedrock piece the cookie challenge rewarded.

People cant exit theyre area, its 100% impossible (we tested and tested that over and over again)

Really? Wow, sorry but your tests are crap then.

North base build a bridge over to ours pretty much right after you left yesterday, trying to claim it's a bridge of love. He came within 20 blocks of our starter chest before melol (I think) noticed and shot him off with a bow then made plans for a tnt cannon.

This morning I was getting shot with various projectiles from alpha who was flying right above our darkroom.

Alpha, not against you because you do have the advantage of being the person who makes the map. Not saying its an unfair advantage, but it is an advantage :P And yes the plan was to block your spawn rate, i got the idea from when you built your platform to wait and it was rather close to our spawning platform. Also, my map is currently at a standstill because im trying to learn more about the extra bees addon, mainly their progression. The mod author hasnt been much of a help to me... Incase you were wondering, it WONT be able to work with tekkit, because i dont use tekkit or technic to play SSP. Also, if you want to play it, you should definitely read up on your bee breeding :P

Neko, you cant cross the border, but the line is very close to each base, i think closer to one side than another

Neo, ill see if i cant get a map over where the protections are. But if check between the beasts, ull see a sign that say "border". People CANT enter the other side. Worldguard works, so i wont claim our plugins is faulty. We have not stopped damage from arrows in the regions, to preserve as much vanilla as we could.

If you have suggestion for how we could improve the WG areas we have for the beasts, let us know. The only way we can stop what you are saying here, is to dissable PvP. Also, EE do bypass WG, thats just how the game is. There is that patch, but that only makes it claimable, not stoppable.

We have no intentions to turn this FTB into a build similar to our serverbuild, at all. We did nerf all those issues that happends on the FTB, but thats really not the point here. The point is to take usage of all the mods, and its powers. This is after all, based on Tekkit.

Neowulf, to prove our protections works, we will change ur gamemode to 1 and put you on the blue team, so you can test the protection as much as you want to. We dare to say they are working 100% based on the rules set for the map. Or we can throw u a Swiftwolf, so you can test yourselfe. Alpha had 0 ways of bypassing WG or any sort of protections while playing.

Sidenote: Prev games, turtles have been moving across the map, so thats allready been done.

Okay, we've given this a good try, but with half (or more) of our team hardly ever being online, and some problems (server/clientside?) causing constant time-outs, it's been... tough. We're still giving it a try, but at this rate... Playing for 10 secs then having to wait a couple mins to be able to log back in is hardly a fun way of playing...

Edit: Server seems to be completely offline now, and seeing as 2 players from 2 opposite sides of the world are having the same issues, I'm guessing it's serverside. Can't play like this, sorry.

So freakin simple it's not even funny, build a wall.

Really, all you have to do is stick a wall between bases and none of this would ha happened.

Diagonal glass walls from y 1-255 with a ceiling so no one flies over and an outside wall 128 blocks from the center. Surround the visitor's area with glass as well.

Protect it from breaking and you're golden.

Also, double up the glass plates in the spawns, it was really trivial to change the starter items timer while I was sitting in spawn waiting for alpha to stop killing me every time I popped out of spawn.

We have given the map a few test in Tekkit 3.1 and that seems to be way more stable in regards of clients crashing.

Neo, not shure if u were aware of this, but items like TnTcart isnt blocked by Wordguard, its damn easy to break it, as it dont handle explosions as the other mods do. Heck, just get some redpower going, to remove the glass, u know that repower can infact move mobspawners around? Even if its "impossible in vanilla"?

And for regards of the timer, many many players have been fooled by that fake timer, tried to tamper with it, then claiming they dont get items. We arent fools ;)

We will, however, consider putting up walls, even if that it should not be needed. As alpha stated, at the time you get those items that he used to kill you guys with, game is basicly over. To end the game it requires a ton of EMC, and when u got spares to make items you dont need, well ... its just a matter of minutes till its all over.

Then use reinforced glass or even bedrock for the side walls.

Not as pretty, but no one's getting through it.

Yes I was killed by high end EE items, but that's not the point. The point is he was able to come to our base and cause damage. He could have come to out base by bridge and used a bow, or built a quick tnt cannon and wiped out our base.

The point of my rant is if you're going to have a building competition, make sure it can't devolve into a griefing competition.

Around 6ish, and no, you really dont need a server. That was mostly for "adverticing" etc. And if we had more than 4 teams signing up, those that were listed servers would get pri over the others, etc.

Due to me not being able to use as much time as I wanted on this the last days, I would like those that want to play to put themselfe in here again so that I can get a better overview again :)