Thread Recycling - The Eco Posters Wild Jungle Of Topics

player21

Re: Is there a version of the technic launcher that.....

I also like how you say they're only 100,000 to 350,000. Only huh?

Have you eaten one? Sure, they're not AS buttsauce hot, but they're not a fucking pickle either.

I picked some up for a chili not knowing their scoville rating. 100,000 to 350,000 is enough to chemically burn your skin at least temporarily. You're supposed to cut it with gloves and eyecover. I had no clue and was cutting them up with bare hands and digging into them with my nails to pull out seeds. Luckily I gargled with milk when I started to taste the burn, but it was too late for my hands. The chemical in peppers used to determine a peppers place on the scoville scale attacks the nerves when it makes contact with skin, tricking your body into thinking it's on fire. Our bodies are apparently great actors because they play right along and can even blister or worse. Under your fingernails are a lot of nerves. I wasn't able to draw for a while. Ended up going to the hospital in a taxi at midnight because it got so intense. They gave me a mega painkiller and I had a good doped up night. Not a good morning though. In the morning it felt like I had three hangovers and like someone had rubbed gravel on my hands all night.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked some up for a chili not knowing their scoville rating. 100,000 to 350,000 is enough to chemically burn your skin at least temporarily. You're supposed to cut it with gloves and eyecover. I had no clue and was cutting them up with bare hands and digging into them with my nails to pull out seeds. Luckily I gargled with milk when I started to taste the burn, but it was too late for my hands. The chemical in peppers used to determine a peppers place on the scoville scale attacks the nerves when it makes contact with skin, tricking your body into thinking it's on fire. Our bodies are apparently great actors because they play right along and can even blister or worse. Under your fingernails are a lot of nerves. I wasn't able to draw for a while. Ended up going to the hospital in a taxi at midnight because it got so intense. They gave me a mega painkiller and I had a good doped up night. Not a good morning though. In the morning it felt like I had three hangovers and like someone had rubbed gravel on my hands all night.

Poor Cheap Shot. Forever scarred by peppers...

This isn't uncommon man. I make salsa and I was asked by a friend of mine to make hot salsa. So naturally i picked up some hab's for the sauce and to go in as a raw ingredient. Now, I was a bit peeved when I discovered a bunch were rotten inside. So we chucked them into the disposal. No big.

So I'm cutting up the good ones (I don't need gloves but I've got enough callus on my hands to handle high voltage) while my friend decides the disposal needs to be run. His mistake was looking down the drain when he turned it on. Got sprayed by habanero oils from what was in there. But he's a tough motherfucker and handled it like a man.

In the end, the salsa turned out wonderful... to him. Turned my lips and tongue numb prior to the fiery heat of wasabi, habanero, and an assortment of other peppers and spices.

I've eaten a habanero twice. Both times, I regretted it the next morning. I think the worst was when I was sandblasting water pipes and those peppers came a knockin'. Fuckin' hell. I ended up leaving work early.

This isn't uncommon man. I make salsa and I was asked by a friend of mine to make hot salsa. So naturally i picked up some hab's for the sauce and to go in as a raw ingredient. Now, I was a bit peeved when I discovered a bunch were rotten inside. So we chucked them into the disposal. No big.

So I'm cutting up the good ones (I don't need gloves but I've got enough callus on my hands to handle high voltage) while my friend decides the disposal needs to be run. His mistake was looking down the drain when he turned it on. Got sprayed by habanero oils from what was in there. But he's a tough motherfucker and handled it like a man.

In the end, the salsa turned out wonderful... to him. Turned my lips and tongue numb prior to the fiery heat of wasabi, habanero, and an assortment of other peppers and spices.

I've eaten a habanero twice. Both times, I regretted it the next morning. I think the worst was when I was sandblasting water pipes and those peppers came a knockin'. Fuckin' hell. I ended up leaving work early.

Oh yeah, my chili was delicious.

That sounds like it did hurt a fucking lot ... though you should try the most hottest chilli in world. It literally burns through your mouth.

sincerly,

Re: Is there a version of the technic launcher that.....(doesn't ask him to log in)

I must have a genetic weakness for spice. The most spicy thing I can stand is mustard. I did try one of the lower peppers on the scale, I forget its name but it physically hurt to eat.

Re: Is there a version of the technic launcher that.....(doesn't ask him to log in)

I must have a genetic weakness for spice. The most spicy thing I can stand is mustard. I did try one of the lower peppers on the scale, I forget its name but it physically hurt to eat.

Yeah, it's something you have to build a tolerance to. The existence of the killer queen ruined spice for me forever, but i have friends (one of them is even on this forum) who just eat crazy hot stuff all the time.

Story time: One day, my friend invites me up to his apartment, for gaming and chillness. Even offers to make hamburgers.

I decide to grace him with my immaculate presence, but upon opening his door, I am overcome with a solid wave of capsaicin. I couldn't breathe, couldn't see, and couldn't hear over my coughing, and was forced to leave in short order.

My friend though, was standing there, cooking burgers practically soaked in hotsauce that came with a warning label (caution, Dilute before using) Which he clearly had not heeded.

And then he ate one of these hamburgers like he was some kind of alien monstrocity.

One time I was cooking with some chillies a mate had given me to grow out in a window box. Didn't have a clue what they were.

Long story short

A. they were fucking hot

B. I forgot to wash my hands after chopping them up

C. I went for a pee shortly after

D. I'm a bloke.

E. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

EDIT : A handy hint, put your chillies in the freezer. It stops all the capsaicin from getting on your hands when cutting, but keeps in all the vitamins and heat that may otherwise be lost if you dry it.

Yeah. I didn't even know you were supposed to wear gloves handling hab's. I've never had to. Of course, after I ate one, I wiped my eye. Now... there are a lot of things that go through your head when your finger touches your eye area. The first is... whoops. The second is, I might as well keep going, the third is... this is just awful.

Although, it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. I sort of was disappointed I didn't turn into the Ghost Rider. That would've been awesome.

I love spicy stuff but unfortunately the same stomach problem that keeps me from drinking booze also reacts badly to most peppers.

Luckily I can still eat salsa as long as I strain out the chunks.

A friend of mine made jalapeno wine last year. It had an interesting taste...

Yeah. I didn't even know you were supposed to wear gloves handling hab's. I've never had to. Of course, after I ate one, I wiped my eye. Now... there are a lot of things that go through your head when your finger touches your eye area. The first is... whoops. The second is, I might as well keep going, the third is... this is just awful.

Although, it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. I sort of was disappointed I didn't turn into the Ghost Rider. That would've been awesome.

I get the pepper-in-eye burning whenever I'm even in the area of someone cutting peppers. It's just this blinding horrible sensation and I have to stagger out of the room like some drunk from a movie while sobbing in a self-defense mechanism to flush the pain from my eye sockets.

I get the pepper-in-eye burning whenever I'm even in the area of someone cutting peppers. It's just this blinding horrible sensation and I have to stagger out of the room like some drunk from a movie while sobbing in a self-defense mechanism to flush the pain from my eye sockets.

No wonder no one cared. I'm stumbling all the time anyway.

Can we get this changed to "the official pepper thread?"

Could probably add a note about how eco-friendly it is to recycle threads, too!

No! This is totally about... whatever the subject matter is. Pepper talk is relevant. It forces people to actually read prior posts to understand the outcome. It's how we weed out those who take the time to read the thread, and those who just bust in with some stupid question about why clouds are trying to steal your ID by forcing you to launch Technic/Tekkit through the launcher.

CONSPIRATORS UNITE!

Can we get this changed to "the official pepper thread?"

Could probably add a note about how eco-friendly it is to recycle threads, too!

Listen, i posted this earlier, but im gonna do it again.

This is recycling. We took a shit thread, and turned it into a conversation that people are actually enjoying. The original topic is closed, and this thread is now about booze, heritage, and uncomfortably hot peppers.

It will probably be about other things soon.

Schrödinger's Thread: Any attempt to correctly categorize a thread by subject will render its subject a new unknown.

Or would that be Heisenberg's Thread...

Look at me, I'm jakj, I use big words to make other people feel dumb. Look how smart I am. Freudian. Hagiography. Antediluvian. Peripatetic. Oooh. Sensual.

ilu bb

Schrödinger's Thread: Any attempt to correctly categorize a thread by subject will render its subject a new unknown.

Or would that be Heisenberg's Thread...

Actually it's Murphy's Thread Law: Any title that can be wrong, will be wrong.

Schrodinger's Thread Principle is invoked whenever you enter this thread, the subject could be anything until you observe the latest posts and collapse the threadform.

You forgot antidisestablishmentarianistic and psuedoanticombiniatory.

What about hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia, the fear of long words?

oh god... another onto the list of unrelated subjects:

heritage

alcohol

burning hot peppers

philosophy

and now unconfortable unreadable long words.

let's see how many random subjects this thread can smoothly transition into.

oh god... another onto the list of unrelated subjects:

heritage

alcohol

burning hot peppers

philosophy

and now unconfortable unreadable long words.

let's see how many random subjects this thread can smoothly transition into.

I have the feeling we will soon switch the subject to the subject of switching subjects.

What about hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia, the fear of long words?

Anatidaephobia: The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.