1.3 update questions

wolf421

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mod api isn't even coming in 1.3, in any form, so it's just like any other Minecraft update since the beginning of Technic.

You mean they'll add in new half broken and shallow features while forgetting to ever go back and flesh out the half broken and shallow features from all the previous updates? New ingredients that have no use will only be available in rare one room dungeon chests? Every item and material added in 1.3 will of course have only one use and not bridge any pre-existing features together? A game about mining will continue to only have above ground diversity added with a heavy focus on RPG elements and combat? The Herobrine will be removed? Stop me if this doesn't sound like every other Minecraft update.

Likely, yes. They'll take a while to update, but in the end, all mods will be SMP compatible, and that's better for everyone.

Besides, most of the good ones are already SMP compatible. Does anyone really care if we don't get a new version of SparkleFarts Mod for 1.3?

Besides, most of the good ones are already SMP compatible. Does anyone really care if we don't get a new version of SparkleFarts Mod for 1.3?

Emphasis mine. I'd really like to see Thaumcraft 2 and maybe MineColony or Millenaire SMP-ported. There are a couple others, but...

Anyone knows how far is buildcraft 3 SMP port?

I see some devs and Direwolf20 using it on their secret server lets play, but so far it seems awesome. New gates and a hopper.

And back on topic, I would like to have the mods for SMP, so whenever I get my own PC and if my little brother has the mood to buy minecraft (I'm not sharing it with him, it's my own account and no-one elses!), I can set up a custom modded server for us two to play on.

And man, I'll beat him with my automatic factory while he breeds animals and plays with a small farm.

Millenaire? I hope not. Millenaire is one of the laggiest mods ever. (on my hardware, YMMV) Besides, I love testificates. And, in 1.3, they'll trade with you, the only thing I actually liked about Millenaire. (Im'ma set up a testificate randomiser, and hold testificate elections)

...Endermen really hate the paparazzi.

Anyways, I guess my world is more of an oligarchy. My 'company' is a giant medical facility focused on the R&D for new treatments and cures for disease, which I then use to treat my patients, and R&D on environmental concerns (Mostly the Taint) and how to combat the destruction of the natural world.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've just been inspired. I need to build more buildings and a wall around the center, as well as a great board room at the top of the main building.

• Forum Administrators

Besides the SSP/SMP unification thing (that makes SSP run worse :v:) What is the point to 1.3? As in, what does it add to Minecraft that's important? Last thing I can recall was moving the world height to 256.

I guess they will add a few more wood colors and I think they enabled placing stairs in some new way.

As for performance, as long as your CPU can handle the MC tick fine I think it should run better than the current version considering that rendering will be offloaded to a different core. Of course if you have a sucky CPU without two or more physical cores then it'll be slower than it is at the moment.