Should I bother with Forestry?

Paukinra

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can always install forestry manually after the update and just keep on truckin. nothing stopping you from doing that, unless you're playing SMP.

I was under the impression that even a manual install of the mod would cause the world to go ka-boom?

he patched out his little temper tantrum changes after it was announced that technic was dropping the mod and people flipped a bunch of tables at him for being a bag of dicks.

ah ok, so that should mean it will be included I guess?

If so I should get setting up some bee hives :)

Been meaning to ask about Forestry, actually. I know it won't ever be in the pack because Sengir flipped his shit about it, but how should one go about installing it manually, as in, should you need to change any block IDs or do anything to install it properly within Technic, or would it be good as is?

ah ok, so that should mean it will be included I guess?

If so I should get setting up some bee hives :)

I want to make it perfectly clear that forestry is NOT going to be put back in the technic or tekkit pack. ever. the offending code was removed, but that does not mean it's going back in against the now obvious will of the author.

Yeah, I'm sort of new to installing mods myself, so... I have no idea what an "ID dump" even is.

It's a list of the block and item ids that are used by the currently installed mods. You have to get a list of what's used, so that you can assign unused ones to all the blocks that Forestry would add. I think you can do it through the NEI options menu from within your inventory.

• Forum Administrators

I want to make it perfectly clear that forestry is NOT going to be put back in the technic or tekkit pack. ever. the offending code was removed, but that does not mean it's going back in against the now obvious will of the author.

The code was not removed, just deactivated. It's still in the mod.

would you care to tell us what sir buttivere of dumbtable did now?

he didn't do anything new, I was just under the impression that the malicious code had been removed, not simply deactivated and left in the mod. it means that with any update it could easily be turned back on, either on purpose or even on accident and cause undue grief to people who are using the launcher. it would do that despite the fact that those people must have installed it manually, just like sengir claims to want. I suppose it shouldn't surprise me.

he was not the first, but he was the most recent. I think the first was the solar hat mod guy who included some code that would straight up crash the game if you ran it with technic.

What? :o

Don't we have that mod? >.>

No, he had some code that would straight up crash the mod if you ran it along with all the mods in technic, even if you painstakingly spent time putting them together manually. And the mod is merged into mainline IC now.

Does that mean that piece of code is still there?

Won't Alblaka remove it? ;_;