The idiots in here

n30phyte

• Moderators

I get enough crap on my mail inbox from different websites, most I dont visit anymore, I dont need Technic to send me more.

However, if there would have been another tab beside the "what's new?" which could be called "Where's trolling?", this could give us any thread that has been "marked" by mods/admins to be entertaining. Kinda like a silent alarm, so not to "alarm" the OP that he/she is being the center of abuse (in case he/she is that oblivious not to notice it!)

Make this happen, pretty please?

You mean these forums? Dude, this is like the best moderated forum I've seen in years. I've gotten banned twice and keller'd like 5 times already just for being slightly annoying. Mods are pretty good at their job. :)

The mods are amazing at handling idiots, but that doesn't mean there's any less idiots. :D

To be honest, Munaus idea is pretty interesting. But I usually lurk enough not to miss any of the interesting threads.

You mean these forums? Dude, this is like the best moderated forum I've seen in years. I've gotten banned twice and keller'd like 5 times already just for being slightly annoying. Mods are pretty good at their job. :)

I literally laughed out loud. Made my day thank you.

The mods are amazing at handling idiots, but that doesn't mean there's any less idiots. :D

To be honest, Munaus idea is pretty interesting. But I usually lurk enough not to miss any of the interesting threads.

I occasionally miss good threads but any that I do are usually in the Whalebox.

What do you mean??

I know him, he's from one of the "idiot" thread mentioned before.

But if not, I would only be able to read the post once it's in the box :(

Also: I would be more than willing to program one(a botnet) for the sake of me watching the idiots.

Example of idiot threads:

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/question.22516/

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/private-server-looking-for-people-to-join.22213/

But I am the OP. not him...

Yes, and you're being unnecessarily derisive. He actually found a thread in which you made fun of him for being an idiot, and apologized. I would say that puts him in a better light, and I'm sure he will try to avoid putting things in the wrong place in the future. But his thread had a somewhat legitimate question, and you called him an idiot, apparently without reading it. Try to be a little nicer, hmmm?

Yes, and you're being unnecessarily derisive. He actually found a thread in which you made fun of him for being an idiot, and apologized. I would say that puts him in a better light, and I'm sure he will try to avoid putting things in the wrong place in the future. But his thread had a somewhat legitimate question, and you called him an idiot, apparently without reading it. Try to be a little nicer, hmmm?

OK :) and I got the "idiot" thing from the title, not the contents. And I have removed his post.

Also, were the best threads the OP could come up with? Those are pretty tame compared to a lot of the better ones I've seen.

You want me to get the ones that we have boxed or laughed at?

i know mister "hacker viking"

Ya see I would have picked either those (personal bias probably) or the Keller'ed Again! With the lady who made those YouTube videos and was going to "Talk to my solicitor on Monday." Now those were idiots.

I'd say this was a pretty idiot thread.

But as a small suggestion, how about a cooldown timer once someone creates a new account so while they are unable to post, we can nudge them over to the stickies so they don't either-

A - hijack someone else's thread for their inane question, or

B - create a shitty thread with no relevant information for us to sort their problem.

(I still primarily view this as a support forum, really)

It's not an internet meme, it's a Technic Pack inside joke. If we beat it into the ground, used Jorcer's avatar with Hacker Viking on it as the only things in our posts (Like some forums allow people to use memes as their whole post, I mean), and it spread to other sites and people across the internet actually began to use it commonly like troll faces and what-have-you, then it'd be an internet meme.