Signing

Rye1994

Hey all not trying to be a douchebag but I just wondered why you are so against signing off a post in the forum? Is it just as a test to see who's read the rules? Also I am new so this topic has probably been beaten to death already.

I mean it's just a habit of mine to write "Thanks, Ryan" at the end of my posts. As I am thankful and I am Ryan, lol.

Just curious :)

"Your username is already there, it's redundant. Plus it makes you look like a loser. (You might be a loser!) It's also an easy way to tell that you haven't read these rules."

So yes, it counts as a "did you read the rules" test and is unnecessary anyways.

It's okay right if you're talking for someone else? (At least in my opion that would be ok XD) cuz I just did that lol..

Edit: I have read the rules, was the first thing I did when I came to this forum...

Do you mean when you quote someone? I would not classify that as signing a post.

I think he means like if he's speaking for others, as in representing them.

And no thats not ok. Don't do that either. Tell them to get their own accounts.

I agree with you if that was what he meant. Sounds like a really convoluted way to back out of something if it goes wrong. (Like oh I didn't say that!...)

What I meant: I said in another post: "thanks in advance from my band"

I agree with you if that was what he meant. Sounds like a really convoluted way to back out of something if it goes wrong. (Like oh I didn't say that!...)

Is that really something that would happen here? Lame...

I think he means like if he's speaking for others, as in representing them.

And no thats not ok. Don't do that either. Tell them to get their own accounts.

Aww, well too bad. But if they did make their own accounts, what would that help? It'd clog up the thread "thanks from the drummer; thanks from the singer" etc.

Aww, well too bad. But if they did make their own accounts, what would that help? It'd clog up the thread "thanks from the drummer; thanks from the singer" etc.

We don't need to be thanked individually by every person. You could just say "thanks". Knowing that your band is grateful doesn't add anything to the thread, so it really isn't necessary.

I saw that but didn't warn because it didn't really seem like signing to me.

It was just "my band says thanks"

not

"-signed, My band"

There is a difference.

Ah, I see. That's good, another month of hellen Keller would be pretty annoying -.-'

Ah, I see. That's good, another month of hellen Keller would be pretty annoying -.-'

It wouldn't be another month. All 3 of your points expire in a week. Signing only gives you one point, so you wouldn't even notice it unless you were particularly egregious in your offensiveness.

It wouldn't be another month. All 3 of your points expire in a week. Signing only gives you one point, so you wouldn't even notice it unless you were particularly egregious in your offensiveness.

Ah, I see.. so for example being a bag of dicks gives 3 ->hellen Keller for a month. But not so big offences would give 1 point resulting in hellen Keller for a week or something like that?