Dupebug wiith RailCraft

Sp0nge

Can we not post explicit instructions on how to perform this dupe bug while there is currently not a fix? Some server owners do not view these forums regularly and so are vulnerable to anyone who learns of the bug here.

Are you dense, or just stupid? There ARE MANY FIXES for this one. If there are server owners that aren't fixing this, then they are just lazy or do not know how to code.

Are you dense, or just stupid? There ARE MANY FIXES for this one. If there are server owners that aren't fixing this, then they are just lazy or do not know how to code.

Elitist alert!

I doubt you actually know how to code. Have you ever taken any programming classes? What's the difference between a method and a function?

Instead of spewing elitist bullshit and insulting people who are supposedly less intelligent than you (I'm willing to bet that the so called "Dense or just stupid" people are much smarter than you), why don't you do something productive, like telling people where they can find these so called "fixes".

Edit: Not trying to backseat mod, I just get really pissed at elitists who go around saying, "I'm smarter/better than you because I know how to do x."

The client code for the tank cart is bugged just the same as the server is, so even with the fixed server code it will still look bugged as hell in the client and make people think they did dupe with it, until their inventory updates or they relog, at which point the "duped" items will no longer be there. (because they never existed in the server)

That being said, if you are interested in fixing the dupe it's quite simple, it's yet another inventory index f**kup.

ContainerTankCart class inside a(int) the dupe is the second call to Container.a(ItemStack, int, int, boolean) the first index (currently 29) should be 30.

The issue by which the item fountain is created, which is only a client bug and doesn't actually dupe those items, is also a similar index screwup which when corrected in the server still appears in the client, so fixing it is pointless.

i can confirm this is a dupe, found it out when player duped items using this method on my server before even seeing this thread

Also confirmed by an accomplice selling out the duper... Non-EE server and a guy had 9 stacks of Red Matter, same of Dark Matter.

Just saying it is a bad dupebug doesn't help. How do we know you're not trolling? Saying what the bug actually is would be alot more helpful. This entire post reeks of bias (saying it's as bad as some of the EE dupebugs out there is a matter of opinion, and heavily biased) and misinformation.

It's not. There was this guy who was able to draw an Energy Condenser full of Red Matter on a Buildcraft blueprint. He then fed the blueprint to a Builder which was stocked with an empty Energy Condenser, and the Builder promptly put down an Energy Condenser full of Red Matter for the price of one empty Energy Condenser. Automate that, and voila. You've got yourself one hell of an exploit. (1 Billion EMC/minute)

• 2 weeks later...

Please leave Sponge alone.

He is a reputable man. The Tank Cart dupe bug is legit.

I have help Sponge uncover the RedPower Project Table dupe bug which was patch later on.

Edit: Jelato Foot explains it better than me. This exploit that work for RailCraft Tank Cart also work for Equivalent Exchange, Red Matter Furnance, and ComputerCraft, Disk Drive.

Please leave Sponge alone.

He is a reputable man. The Tank Cart dupe bug is legit.

It is a coincident that the same dupe exploit that work for Railcraft Tank Cart also work for Red Matter furnance from Equivalent Exchange, and Disk Drive from ComputerCraft, as well. My theory is that the programmers that made RailCraft, EE, and ComputerCraft didn't acknowledge InvTweak mod or that the InvTweak mod didn't program the inventory slot to be compatiable with EE, Railcraft, and ComputerCraft. Between them, they are the root of the dupe exploit issue. Since it is a theory, it isn't fact until it proven otherwise.

I have help Sponge uncover the RedPower Project Table dupe bug which was patch later on.

That is not a theory, that is a hypothesis. A theory is an explanation based off experimentation. Your conclusion is merely guess work. The problem, at least for railcraft appears to be related to how the array that handles a players inventory is called. It is probably just a simple off-by-one bug that is very common when using arrays if you are not careful, and one that I have face-palmed many times after noticing.

Also, did you notice how people stopped questioning Sponge after other people were able to verify his post? They weren't attacking him, they were just skeptical.

That is not a theory, that is a hypothesis. A theory is an explanation based off experimentation. Your conclusion is merely guess work. The problem, at least for railcraft appears to be related to how the array that handles a players inventory is called. It is probably just a simple off-by-one bug that is very common when using arrays if you are not careful, and one that I have face-palmed many times after noticing.

Also, did you notice how people stopped questioning Sponge after other people were able to verify his post? They weren't attacking him, they were just skeptical.

I updated my post after finding Jelato Foot have the better answer. The comments to me were beyound skeptism, but I'll respect your opinion.

I think the majority of these dupes come about because of copy+pasting container handling code and not double checking the indexes properly, when you are accessing a player inventory inside a container the indexes are offset by the amount of slots associated with the container and so the indexes are different for each container and I think some of the indexes are either overlooked or just mistakenly calculated.

• 1 month later...

I know is been a long time since this post, but is there a fix for this yet or not? tank carts are an integral part of how my server works, most players use them to move oil/fuel because we ban world anchors so they cant use teleport pipes, I would hate to have to ban tank carts.