[1.7.10] Ætereal Drive - Scientific Enhancement

HalestormXV

aFuk9rD.png

We are in a new age. It is the Dawn of a Revolution. A break-through in scientific development has caused an enhancement in human capability. Steam and Redstone Flux have been refined to perfection. A new breed of human has been birthed into this age. Alchemists and Scientists continue researching. More is desired. Technology has evolved to where entire houses can be made mobile at a whim. Steam Ships travel airborne cross continents. Computers have been outfitted to regulate Security Systems. Items can be stored on drives as bytes of data. Portals can be opened to connect operations. So much has changed. So much has advanced. But perhaps the one thing that has developed far beyond our expectation is Human Abilities. We have found a way to utilize Redstone Flux and Steam to enhance humans. We call this project, the AEtereal Drive

This modpack uses Science and Technology as its foundation. This modpack includes a server pack as well for those that want to create an AEtereal Drive powered server. There is no magic in this pack. However there is a twist. This modpack was carefully put together to set it apart from standard Tech modpacks. The theme is a Steampunk/Victorian style. It has a heavy emphasis on Steampower and Redstone Flux. However, the player, as they progress through the pack, will also be able to enhance themselves. But do keep in mind....there is a twist that comes along with the time played in this modpack....

Technic Link: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/aetereal-drive.798184

Install Link: http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/aetereal-drive

This modpack is also available via distribution from Curse, which is why all mods in here have permission. The official curse project page is here: http://www.curse.com/modpacks/minecraft/241086-aetereal-drive

MODLIST:  http://minecraft.nerdstormproduction.com/aetereal/

PROMO VIDEO:

Spoiler

Edited by HalestormXV

The pack download is quite large yes. However, I plan to eventually migrate it over to Solder like all my other packs if it gets popular enough. This will make there only be one large initial download and then only updates will be downloaded. However, this has yet to be determined because as I said, I have to see how popular the pack gets and a Solder integration is a bit more complicated.

On a side note, the pack has been updated to version 1.0.3

- Released the Server Pack!
- Removed SirusMC
- Removed FTBLib
- Removed FTBUtils
- Added SimplyHammers
- Updated Forestry
- Updated AcademyCraft
- Updated LamdaLib
- Fixed Steel Issue Related to Quests and made it oreDictionary detection
- Tweaked Configurations 

Edited by HalestormXV

4 hours ago, HalestormXV said:

The pack download is quite large yes. However, I plan to eventually migrate it over to Solder like all my other packs if it gets popular enough. This will make there only be one large initial download and then only updates will be downloaded. However, this has yet to be determined because as I said, I have to see how popular the pack gets and a Solder integration is a bit more complicated.

On a side note, the pack has been updated to version 1.0.3

huh, would've thought soldering the pack would've been a first order of business so to also save yourself time when it comes to updating. Unless you've got godlike internet unlike that which I have down here in australia. >_>

and. HA, How'd I guess that your so called "human improvements" came from Academycraft? Part of me wished I'd get to see something that was original and made by the modpacker to be a showstopper piece for the modpack only but guess not. I literally saw that mod a week ago and already someones using it in a pack. Not a bad pick, other than the fact that theres practically nothing known about it so it takes a while to figure it out by tinkering. Also, you might want to know that if you take the custom ore spawning settings in the new world thing and try to edit them, in this case, I doubled ores and vein spawns the game lags beyond all reason despite 3 gigs and a few java args. but without tampering with it, there is no lag except a rather hefty slow down with world generation which I'm guessing can't be helped.

Also, have you thought about ore consolidation? so that you don't have like 5 or 6 different types of copper lying around in the ground? like turn off most other types of ore and keep the most aesthetically pleasing set them just set the ore generation accordingly?

I didn't get much in cause it was getting late, but somehow without even checking the modlist I intuitively knew that you had smart moving installed... Wierd huh? I literally had no idea it was in until I saw a spot I needed to jump across and thought, "Huh, I could probably make that if i ledge grab" so i did so without even thinking whether it was in the pack or not and landed the ledge grab. :D but you might want to switch off the sprint key for something else so you don't spring ledge climb cause it makes you slide around a bit. possibly tab where it usually is and move the people checker button to the ~ key or something.

I also like what you did with the main menu, it'd be better if it was a little more higher def perhaps? but guessing that's not a thing you can quite get at cause the mod that lets you change the main menu needs the pictures in a set resolution... right?

Finally, no use of tinkers? I'd figure that'd be everyones first pick as a "tech mod" especially with mechworks and the aluminum brassy look on the drawbridges and stuff. But oh well. did take me a little to get used to using a normal crafting bench again. You monsters. :P

And I'm guessing the quests will be largely improved upon as time goes on correct?

Anyway, I'll try a bit more later on when I get home and hopefully not get dunked on in too much of a hurry but difficult life, But keep on it.

And if you guys (you and whoever else are in your modpack making group) wouldn't mind taking a swing by some of my modpacks on technic like Masters of Minecraft and Aetherwars Infinite it'd be much appreciated. :)

I appreciate all of the feedback. Yes AcademyCraft is in there to help enhance you however it is coupled with Advanced Genetics.

With relation to the Menu Screen, yes that is a limitation of the mod itself. There is a set resolution and no matter how much you compress it and resize it, it always will come out that way. However, those options are open for improvement later on. 

The lag on startup is likely related to HarderUnderground producing its ores. I noticed it also and then after letting it generate for a while it was flawless. I'd imagine it has to do with that, however I left the config for that as default so that the user could tweak it to their liking. 

And lastly, nope, no use of Tinkers. Tinker is an OUTSTANDING mod, however it appears to be a "staple" in Tech modpacks and I wanted to deviate away from that within reason of course. Yes quests will be improved as time goes on.

Promo Video of the Modpack Released:

Ah. strange, I didn't notice it. must've been too intrigued by academycraft to take a proper scan through nei. :V

and to all the rest, "I see," and that's a fair point on the tinkers. Always good  to try the unknown. You should get a nice modlist ready until you get it on the solder, cause a lot of people like to know what they're getting into. Although it wasn't the case with me cause you sold me with the description out of curiousity (I'm in the process of finding some inspiration for a new pack).

and oh? That promo seems a little... over techy? Since I didn't think they had satelite vision in steampunk style eras. Perhaps a better play would've been an airship high in the air and some guy looking down keeping watch with a periscope and recording his findings? But eh, who am I to judge, after the hefty zoom in it got right to the point, and was pretty good. Nice and mysterious sorts. You best toss that on the Opening post too, even if it is just a few pages down. ;)

Edited by darkmega

Pack is updated to version 1.0.4 which updates a few mods and adds in EnhancedInventories and AgriCraft. So now you can take advantage of crops and seed mutations.

I created a modlist located here: http://minecraft.nerdstormproduction.com/aetereal/

This will likely be updated every release even after the Solder import as Curse auto-generates a list for you.

Gearworks Guild Update

WU7gb6y.png

The pack has been updated to version 1.1.0 - This update fixes some quests as well as adds in some more. The central point of this update was to implement the Gearworks Guild Faction. This is a faction that you can raise reputation with and utilize them to gain rewards. As such there were not many "mod" updates with the exception of Security Craft. This update also fixes the menu screen images. However the even bigger update is thanks to those of you who downloaded and played this pack via the Technic Launcher and the Curse Launcher.

Due to the popularity of the pack we have decided to migrate the pack over to our Solder servers. So AEtereal Drive is now hosted on our Solder server. This means faster download times for you all as well as other beneficial perks such as quicker update times. As originally mentioned we did not have an intention to put this pack onto our Solder servers, but the community decided otherwise. 

Enjoy the pack!

Edited by HalestormXV

AEtereal Drive has been updated to version 1.1.1

- Updated OpenComputers
- Updated OpenModsLib
- Updated OpenModularTurrets
- Updated OpenPeripherialAddons
- Updated OpenPeripherialIntergration
- Updated OpenPeripherials
- Updated COFH Core
- Updated LogisticPipes
- Updated Et Futurum
- Updated Forestry

AEtereal Drive has been updated to version 1.2.0 - Please Like the Pack as it is a Great Help!

- Added More Quests!
- Added Mine Chem
- Added Gravestone Mod
- Added COFH Lib
- Updated MovingWorld
- Updated Archimedes Ships Plus
- Updated Logistic Pipes
- Updated NEI Intergration
- Updated HarderUndergroun
- Updated HarderWildLife
- Updated HardLib
- Updated Thermal Foundations
- Updated Thermal Expansion

AEtereal Drive has been updated to version 1.3.0

RESEARCH REPORT - URGENT
A strange new reaction has occurred. It appears that yet another change is within our midst. The AEtereal disturbance has reacted rather unexpectedly and has created this type of energy known as "Aura." Our scientists have determined that this "Aura" can be manipulated to create a new form of energy. However, it seems that this Aura can never be fully optimized.

Along with the newly discovered "Aura" it appears entire new species of monster have surfaced. A number of our exploration teams have set out to discover what exactly happened....however none have returned. Who knows what trouble awaits us in the future.

- Updated JourneyMap
- Updated OpenSecurity
- Updated LogisticPipes
- Updated AgriCraft
- Updated YAMPST
- Added Baubles
- Added Aura Cascade
- Added Grimoire of Gaia 3

TECHNIC INSTALL LINK: http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/aetereal-drive

TECHNIC MODPACK PAGE: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/aetereal-drive.798184

CURSE MODPACK PAGE: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/aetereal-drive