Questions about Tekkit going to 1.4MC?

I don't believe there has been any official statement yet on what format Technic/Tekkit will be released in come the next update. After all, the lines will be blurring a bit - Technic as a singpleplayer pack will have to support LAN multiplayer at least, and Tekkit has always had a singleplayer mode by default.

Maybe Technic and Tekkit will be merged into one pack that caters to everyone. But that is pure speculation at this point.

It depends entirely on the mods used.

For example, both Technic and Tekkit make use of Equivalent Exchange, which possibly due to the massive "It's cheating" complaints is now being entirely rebalanced and basically started from scratch. The initial pre-release version of it contains very little and condensers etc. are never returning. Source: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1540010-equivalent-exchange-3-pre1/

That means that one mod technic/tekkit would need to keep on going as it is, is now either going to have to be waited on for full development or removed from the modpack.

Come on people! I love being filthy rich! Get over it! If Panihamar, or whatever, is going to take out useful things like condensers, collectors, red matter (yes, red matter-no more mourning stars or katars), etc. he better make awesome replacements or he is going to have a lot of complaints (hopefully, anyways). Also (yes, another complaint), why can't he add EMC pipes to Tekkit? Never mind, he is good on that one. I missed the (few) good things like EMC pipes.

Thats freking stupid people are complaining its cheating. The people who made the mod MADE the mod if they dont like it then they should go pound sand. People take granted for what is done im sure that the people who made that mod took alot of time and effort they should shut there mouth about it cheating. It does take time to get the dimonds to start with equivilent exchange anyways so it isnt cheating so u actually have to go mining atleast once for dimonds.

If you guys (2 above posts if im not ninjad) knew anything about the current EE situation, you would know that:

1. Pahimar meant EE for singleplayer

2. Pahimar has stated himself that it is very unbalanced in multiplayer

3. It is NOT hard to get diamonds in EE; you only have to mine for 30 minutes and you're set for exponentially growing riches

Anyway, this isnt even on topic.

Why do people keep asking these questions?

The technic devs rarely if ever share any info about future versions of the mod pack. We will not know anything about it until they release a dev version for their own testing. Until one shows up it is impossible to answer any questions about the future of the pack.

With FTB getting released, I don't see how there will ever be a tekkit 1.4. It would be a waste of time, as they don't make money of it anyway(right?).

I was under the impression that the Feed The Beast modpack made no money off compiling developer's mods into a pack.

Are you suggesting that modpack creators only develop their packs to make money?

to be honest, tekkit has name recognition(thanks largely to yogscast) i don't feel that they need to close up shop because another small group of ppl came out with another pack, FTB is not nearly as well known(yet) but i don't personally think they are any threat to the technic pack at this time

With FTB getting released, I don't see how there will ever be a tekkit 1.4. It would be a waste of time, as they don't make money of it anyway(right?).

I see you going around to every thread you can trying to "advertise" for FTB or something. What exactly is the point of this? You don't really seem to have any facts straight. We are not in competition with FTB. Slowpoke himself has even said so. People are free to use both. The mod lists will not be exactly the same, and both packs cater to different gameplay. We do not care if you decide to only use FTB. We do this 100% just to help people, and make playing with a lot of mods easy for as many as possible. If you don't need help, or don't want to play with those mods, no skin off our backs. Over a million people apparently do according to downloads, so we're going to keep expanding our infrastructure and community to support them, and do our best to help them all. If you are going to just make negative ignorant posts in this community, then leave.

I see you going around to every thread you can trying to "advertise" for FTB or something. What exactly is the point of this? You don't really seem to have any facts straight. We are not in competition with FTB. Slowpoke himself has even said so. People are free to use both. The mod lists will not be exactly the same, and both packs cater to different gameplay. We do not care if you decide to only use FTB. We do this 100% just to help people, and make playing with a lot of mods easy for as many as possible. If you don't need help, or don't want to play with those mods, no skin off our backs. Over a million people apparently do according to downloads, so we're going to keep expanding our infrastructure and community to support them, and do our best to help them all. If you are going to just make negative ignorant posts in this community, then leave.

well said dude, and thank you for providing a valuable service to the community, even if you are being hated on for it.

If you guys (2 above posts if im not ninjad) knew anything about the current EE situation, you would know that:

1. Pahimar meant EE for singleplayer

2. Pahimar has stated himself that it is very unbalanced in multiplayer

3. It is NOT hard to get diamonds in EE; you only have to mine for 30 minutes and you're set for exponentially growing riches

Anyway, this isnt even on topic.

Now that you brought that up, theprolo...

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/rage-ee3.30131/page-2#post-251161

Now im just thinking that instead of remaking EE then if people dont want it in there tekkit games then deselect it in the launcher before they start and stop being little babys. Its a game. The people who put this mod pack together and the people who make the mods should be thanked not rediculed. FOR 1 they dont have to do this for you and they are doing it practically for (FREE!!!!!!). So why complain its not your modpack to complain about it belongs to tekkit they can do as they please the mod designers can do what they please so shut up and deal with it. You little babys should go pound freking sand and fall off a cliff. Tekkits awesome and it should stay that way. :)

Now im just thinking that instead of remaking EE then if people dont want it in there tekkit games then deselect it in the launcher before they start and stop being little babys. Its a game. The people who put this mod pack together and the people who make the mods should be thanked not rediculed. FOR 1 they dont have to do this for you and they are doing it practically for (FREE!!!!!!). So why complain its not your modpack to complain about it belongs to tekkit they can do as they please the mod designers can do what they please so shut up and deal with it. You little babys should go pound freking sand and fall off a cliff. Tekkits awesome and it should stay that way. :)

Honestly the most ignorant post ive seen all week.

1. EE is not being REMADE, there is a new version being developed for 1.4 because Pahimar wants to.

2. It is mostly not the players, but the server owners that complain about EE. Maybe you should read a little and find out why.

3. You mispelled "babies" about 14 times

4. Pounding freking sand? Um... Ok?

Sure sounds like you are the one here who is having a little uninformed rage :)

Well I just think it is wrong for people to complain and be mad at the mod creator for making a mod(taking for granted) I think EE is really fun and the mod creator can do what he wants with it but I don't think people should get mad because its cheating...technically all mods are a form of cheating so EE isn't the only one. What I'm trying to say here is I mean its good to have support and info if I had a mod but I wouldn't want people yelling at me mad because it is a form of cheating. I would say "No its my mod and its going to stay the way it was made and if I want to change it I will." He shouldn't have to deal with that he is a mod makers. Without mod makers minecraft would be boring and dull by now. Yeah I am sure if he wants to make his mod different he can but he doesn't need other people telling him that. I am not being ignorant I am just saying that if he wants to change it let him change it without all the comments. Let things evolve on there own. The only reason why I am saying this is because on multiple forums I have seen people complaining that he should change the mod and that it should be more fair.