New computer for tekkit!

Stop mocking me0

Ok first I would like to apologies if I post this in the wrong area... Please call me a noob if I do and dirrect me to the correct area...

But the reason I made this thread was that I plan to get a new computer soon and I was wondering what kind of cheap computer I can get for spesificaly running tekkit, and possibly later on, feed the beast. What kind of graphics card and what type of monitor and everything... I would preffer the price stay below 700 us dollars and I can stretch to below 1000 us dollars... Please? I'm a compleat noob when it comes to computers... I can understand basic string theory... But computers just make no sense...

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically, anything made in the past year should be fine. You'll want at least a dual core processor, quad if you can get it. You want at least 4GB of RAM, preferably 6 or more. At least 500GB hard drive. Windows 7. (Windows 8 is fine if you can stand Metro the interface formerly known as Metro) ATI or Nvidia graphics, either works, but you want at least 1GB video RAM, preferably 2. Monitors? 1440x900 LCD should suit your needs.

For all your computer shopping needs: www.microcenter.com They're really friendly people who would love nothing more than to sell you the computer you need. :)

Don't get a Nvidia card unless you want to fix it for Minecraft. It will work, but might bug out if you play 2D Java games, apparently.

Would you like to stop spreading false info?

Using nVidia cards for two years on Minecraft and not the slightest problem.

Would you like to stop spreading false info?

Using nVidia cards for two years on Minecraft and not the slightest problem.

I'm just saying what I've been told. They can be made to work amazingly with Minecraft(I have 100 FPS! wewt!). Just apparently, switching Java to your graphics card can cause problems with 2D Java-based games.

Do NOT get a DELL INSPIRON, for they are good yet they are not good gaming computers. For highest quality, don't get a laptop.

When I play Minecraft or Tekkit on my DELL INSPIRON E1505, I usually get 10 fps on single-player and 2 fps on multi-player.

if your going to get a laptop, get a good one thats made for gaming, such as an alienware as they have decent specs, and you can get plenty of ram (32gb of ram max on alienware m17x)

Are you serious? Why would anybody want to pay $2000 for a shinier dell computer? Half of that price is just paying because of the name. You can get way better computers for cheaper prices than shitty Alienware ones.

if your going to get a laptop, get a good one thats made for gaming, such as an alienware as they have decent specs, and you can get plenty of ram (32gb of ram max on alienware m17x)

What the actual shit are you going to use 32G of RAM on? I still haven't found a way to max my 8G

I think I could find use for 32G. At the moment I'm using only 8G (DDR2 is expensive) and task manager is telling me I'm using 92% of it. That's even having just 2G for minecraft and not running any virtual machines. To run them I need to start closing stuff down.

If you don't care too much about other games and MC is your main priority then you should go with relatively expensive CPU and mediocre GPU. I5 or I7 with high clock speed is going to be the main thing driving the game. GPU can be anything but I wouldn't go lower than 560TI. Also, NVidia has vastly superior OpenGL support and will likely have less problems running MC.

I think I could find use for 32G. At the moment I'm using only 8G (DDR2 is expensive) and task manager is telling me I'm using 92% of it. That's even having just 2G for minecraft and not running any virtual machines. To run them I need to start closing stuff down.

If you don't care too much about other games and MC is your main priority then you should go with relatively expensive CPU and mediocre GPU. I5 or I7 with high clock speed is going to be the main thing driving the game. GPU can be anything but I wouldn't go lower than 560TI. Also, NVidia has vastly superior OpenGL support and will likely have less problems running MC.

Wat. MC is CPU intensive, but trust me, no.

An i3 is fine for minecraft. You want a good graphics card, really.

No, don't.

Dells are shit, don't get them.

coz I Have a hp good but little slow had a acer there rubbish Toshiba weak build quality i am a computer tech and the best out of all has been dell

k

So a crappy PSU and a subpar mobo? Yeah no, Dells skips out on every part that the average person isn't interested in, like cooling. So they can spout they have an i5 and some "nvidia graphics" (which is just an onboard chipset anyway), and then sell it at 2x the cost of what it's really worth. I suppose it could be worse, it could be like Apple, who overprice things by 4x. Still though, terrible tech support, terrible parts that do matter, and you think it's better than something built by Lenovo?

I just bought a PC from Ibuypower.com. AMD 4100 FX quad core 3.6GHz, 8GB DDR3 1333 RAM, NVidia GeForce GT 610 1GB, and a 500GB x7200 HDD, for $611. Don't go big name with computers, they over price everything with huge unnecessary mark ups.

PS It runs Technic and Tekkit with a x128 HD texture pack at 100-175 FPS.

coz I Have a hp good but little slow had a acer there rubbish Toshiba weak build quality i am a computer tech and the best out of all has been dell

:crossarms:

I somehow doubt it.

It's well known all big names are a no no if your serious about your computer-buying business. Dell makes good toasters, but gaming computers? Nope, for the reasons Sacrieur described so well. I guess I'll have to go ahead and shamelessly plug-in ASUS computers, they have great hardware, are not overpriced and very well built (cooling in mind, retro-lighted keyboards) and other good stuff.

you dont know what your talking about, i use alienware and get about 2000 fps at max setting in tekkit/technic, AND i get about 3000 fps on vannila minecraft, so, do you get those fps? i didnt think so, and, idk what your talking about it being overpriced, as you can get an alienware x51 for around $600 which is a LOT cheaper then my old computer that was in fact overpriced, of course, then again, i got my old laptop at about 2004ish, so i guess then those specs were considerd good (old laptop was a compaq a916nr) which died about 8 years after i bought it, so it lasted a while, but anyway, alienware is fine

you dont know what your talking about, i use alienware and get about 2000 fps at max setting in tekkit/technic, AND i get about 3000 fps on vannila minecraft, so, do you get those fps? i didnt think so, and,

no you didn't. That's a ridiculous claim that is demonstrably false.

In all honesty, anything over 200fps isn't exactly a huge change from 100fps, and anything above 1000fps is just serious overkill. It's like people saying "yay, I have 32GB of RAM! Wait... What difference does this make to gameplay again?"