New computer for tekkit!

Stop mocking me0

Lol I bought it i needed a new cp anyways so i bought it i trusted ur judgement :P plus i edited the case i got this case i spend a lot of money on the oil but its worth it :P my family is pissed at me for wasting money but hey if u die ur not gonna carry money with u so why not spend it and no if u think i am a spoiled teen i am not i just got a lot of money to spend. not gonna tell u how much and i am not braggin

the problem with that build is were is your air there is no bubble for cooling very bad if anything fries your f***ed putting it bluntly lol

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That hurt my brain to read. Also, having lots of money to spend with no repercussions is basically the definition of spoiled. Maybe you could spend some money on grammar classes? Also, saying "not braggin" is (IMO) equivalent to "braggin"

I do take grammar Classes and i am not spoiled i am not rich i just need to spend it since i am going to die soon or later i got Diagnosed with cancer and if i dont get a transplant i am going to die in 5 yrs i got a machine heart.........................

So Shut up god i never said i am rich i just said i got a lot of money to spend

And

@Sacrieur

YES i do but not exactly the same as that..

So you're a teenager with cardiac cancer?

You really can't expect us to believe this. Cardiac cancer is already rare, and teenagers basically never get cancer.

He also said he has a machine heart and a gis fish tank computer tower so I think you can take it with a grain of salt man.

I'm personally spiderman. All his powers.

I met an 18 year old today who had cancer

Yes, and that sucks, but the five year cancer survivor rate is 83% for teens. Which is pretty terrific.

This kid is coming out and saying that not only he has cancer, but his entire heart was removed, replaced with a mechanical one, because apparently his doctor's figured that was less risky than giving him chemotherapy. In the unlikely event that this is all true, well, maybe it is, but I really, really doubt it. Cardiac cancer is exceedingly rare, like 3.9 people out of 100k people rare. And not only that, but less than a tenth would have been diagnosed under age 20. This means 3.9 teenagers out of every million people are diagnosed with cancer every year. Perhaps more laughably, only 3.8% of these guys actually die from cancer.

All this then he says he's wealthy and his family is mad at him for spending "lots of money" on a mineral oil computer build when he has cancer. C'mon. The case isn't even that expensive, at $600 it's only $400 more than other high performance cases.

He probably doesn't have cancer. He was lying about the case, and now this. I think he should see a therapist about compulsively lying.

Oh and he is from America, because of how he spells words. Nor is cancer you start bragging about on online forums.

So you're a teenager with cardiac cancer?

You really can't expect us to believe this. Cardiac cancer is already rare, and teenagers basically never get cancer.

i disagree anyone can get cancer even baby and no one should joke about it, i feel sorry for anyone that has it

i disagree anyone can get cancer even baby and no one should joke about it, i feel sorry for anyone that has it

Basically never != never.

The statistical likelihood is amazingly slim. This guy is prancing around saying he has cardiac sarcoma and had to get a mechanical (read: properly called artificial) heart. He's the one who is joking about it.

I would recommend building a computer i am doing that atm. You should have at least ddr3 ram 8gb. Also you dont need a 500gb memory unit i only have a 300gb and it was stock. I recommend getting an intel i3 dual core sandy processor. The i5 i7 etc.. those are for massive things video rendering etc... you only need a dual core cause anything more is basically used for video rendering. Also the person who said nvidia has problems i run a nvida 620 wich is a extremely good graphics card and it was 84$ but they said it doesn't run well with minecraft it didn't at first i was using 100% cpu cause of it but i figured out you have to set in the nvidia control panel so it uses the card when you play minecraft. Also a good case is the cooler master storm scout it is awesome it comes with 3 fans and u can install 2 more in the side window. Btw the processor i recommended comes with a heatsink/cpu fan and theres no need to get a new one unless your over clocking. If your over clocking especially if your like me who is getting the storm scout cause it comes with 3 fans im adding two to it and you have a cpu fan, power fan, and the nvidia 620 has a fan so i will have 8+ fans in my comp more than i need for my comp + cpu

I recommend getting an intel i3 dual core sandy processor. The i5 i7 etc.. those are for massive things video rendering etc... you only need a dual core cause anything more is basically used for video rendering. Also the person who said nvidia has problems i run a nvida 620 wich is a extremely good graphics card and it was 84$ but they said it doesn't run well with minecraft it didn't at first i was using 100% cpu cause of it but i figured out you have to set in the nvidia control panel so it uses the card when you play minecraft.

Are you on an anus tight budget or something? You're right about the i7 but wrong about the i5. It should be the default pick for new gaming rigs. Just check out benchmarks and you can see what cards and processors you are going to need.

Also would you nerds shut up about cancer, or did you miss my post here let me quote it.

He also said he has a machine heart and a gis fish tank computer tower so I think you can take it with a grain of salt man.

I'm personally spiderman. All his powers.

I do take grammar Classes and i am not spoiled i am not rich i just need to spend it since i am going to die soon or later i got Diagnosed with cancer and if i dont get a transplant i am going to die in 5 yrs i got a machine heart.........................

So Shut up god i never said i am rich i just said i got a lot of money to spend

And

@Sacrieur

YES i do but not exactly the same as that..

I am done. Anyone who uses cancer as an excuse is someone I don't want to talk to.

Here is a definition of rich though: Having a great deal of money or assets; wealthy. (Basically "having a lot of money to spend")

Are you on an anus tight budget or something? You're right about the i7 but wrong about the i5. It should be the default pick for new gaming rigs. Just check out benchmarks and you can see what cards and processors you are going to need.

Most computers, including gaming rigs, aren't strictly for gaming. For those with artistic endeavors into anything that is considered HD and requires rendering or encoding, you'll want the extra threads from the i7. Ideally, those machines should be built separately but ain't nobody got time for that.

I wish, otherwise I would have spent a little more and got overclocking parts. This is my first PC buy so I'm playing it safe. Should be more then enough for gaming though. Anyone who tells you that you need an i7 or more then 8 gigs of ram at higher then 1600 speed is high or trying to make you waste your money. The returns are near non-existent.

Video card on the other hand, matters a lot. I'm going with a 660 ti and that should be plenty for me and run most things on high or maxed graphics, and I got it on an amazing sale. The 670 and 680 are better preforming non budget cards though. If you can get a 670 on sale and can afford it, that's your card. It's still quite expensive though, and in a year or two it will be $100-200 less.

actually if your like me and like to run more then one instance of minecraft or have a bunch of virtual machines running in the background (and i mean a LOT) then ram is important as well

It is, yes, but there are some very good deals out there right now on 16GB, either 2 8GB sticks or 4x4.

There were some awesome deals on two sticks of four last weekend. Easiest way is to just buy 8GB and add 8 more later if you decide to play 8 games at once. It just keeps getting cheaper and cheaper so by the time I feel I need another 8 gigs if ever, I'll be saving even more. :toot:

What I do need still is an SSD and a monitor. Researching both right now to try and make an informed buy. I had no idea SSD's were such a grab bag. There's at least a dozen brands and models to avoid.

I'm kinda pissed too because they decided they didn't have any more of the mouse I ordered even though it was in stock when I bought it, and now it's on back order. Gotta wait 4-6 weeks to click things I guess! Thanks!

The strange thing is, computers are advancing so fast that by the time I'm around 20, what now seems top-of-the-range tech will seem around average or even substandard. Bring on the 16 terabyte 3D Computers!

The strange thing is, computers are advancing so fast that by the time I'm around 20, what now seems top-of-the-range tech will seem around average or even substandard. Bring on the 16 terabyte 3D Computers!

OFF TOPIC: Since I don't know how old you are now, it's hard to say - is that in 2 years, or 8?

Anyway, all you have to do to be encouraged or amazed at what's in store for those of us under 40 right now is look around at the research. In 10, 15, or 20 years, you won't even recognize a computing platform. It will be that much different.

References for giggles:

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/108573-worlds-first-programmable-quantum-photonic-chip

http://arstechnica.com/uncategorized/2006/07/7333/ <- older but still somewhat valid.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/researchers_get_integrated_gpucpu_working_together_boost_processor_performance_20_percent <- same, but quite a bit newer

Could anyone of you computer wizards who understands graphic cards tell me if my PC was worth the 800€ I spent on it? And if the graphics card is "up to par" with the rest of the system? And how I could compare this by myself? (specs taken from speccy)

It's an Antec computer.

CPU:AMD Phenom II X4 965 Deneb 45nm Teknologi

RAM: 8,00 GB Duoble-channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A87TD/USB3 (AM3)

Graphic: BenQG2222HDL (1920x1080@60Hz)

AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

Wondering mainly because it tends to chug when I run a 2-person server and load both nether and overworld while playing at the same time, and a friend told me it's the graphic-card that plays the main role in that kind of thing.

or even better 1 yotabyte 3d full hd and 3d 90000000 fps computers

(yotabytes being higest byte known to wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yotta-)