Should there be more mods in Voltz?

Scottish1900

i was thinking the adding of secret rooms mod. this is a mod that would go well with volts because of the building of the bunkers and setting everything up and hidding all your stuff for a war.

There's plenty of opportunities to make a secret room in Tekkit Lite. Wireless Remotes which open a piston door come to mind. It looks like a wall/floor, but right-click with your remote and BAM, secret entrance.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's plenty of opportunities to make a secret room in Tekkit Lite. Wireless Remotes which open a piston door come to mind. It looks like a wall/floor, but right-click with your remote and BAM, secret entrance.

This is Voltz...

Isn't there Camouflage though? I've never used it, but it might have some use in hiding a base.

Not unless it uses the UE in some way. I feel that any mod added to Voltz should use UE in some way. What I'd really like to see is some more decoration possibilities. I feel like part of what makes a modpack great is seeing the physical creations. Gigantic IC factories, enormous palaces made of marble and microblocks, airships made of motor/frame systems, you get the idea. Microblocks could help out with this, but I don't think it would fit well without using, or at least benefiting from UE in some way. Of course, that's just my opinion, and I'm hardly the most knowledgeable on the subject.

I know! Add a laser rifle like in the Fallout Series

Right, just throwing this out here, there are some more mods that need to be added to Voltz to make it functional. At the moment, Voltz is the closest approximation to a PVP Tekkit, and more needs to be added to allow for this.

It is my personal opinion that a minimalistic approach be taken concerning any future addons, but at this moment, Voltz is severely lacking in several areas. These areas are: automation and mid-range, non-destructive warfare (projectile weapons). At the moment, farming feels crude and leather is an extremely scarce resource. "Infnatry" warfare is also unfortunately non-existant

As a suggestion of what mods should be added, I would personally suggest these following mods:

Redpower

Steve's Carts

Flan's mod

Traincraft

Wireless Redstone

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, things to consider expanding upon might be some more decorative things such as the Jammy Furniture Mod and a reasonably large-scale auto-miner similar to a quarry (something like the miner from Thaumcraft 2).

I'm running a hybrid tekkit/voltz server took out the energy condesors the gem armor kept the power armor and missles best of both worlds. Plus the more creature mods love it! And the power armor will accept both forms of power be it eu or volz. yea some of it's a pain using the right wrench or the right type of ore (watching block numbers makes the diff.) but it's great pvp fun!!!

Optifine can't be added due to the mod author blanket banning any modpacks from using it.

I still don't know why he did that. It's apparently for his adf.ly pennies, since he even rejected Mojang's proposal to add it into the game officially. Mojang is currently countering by rewriting the rendering engine.

I still don't know why he did that. It's apparently for his adf.ly pennies, since he even rejected Mojang's proposal to add it into the game officially. Mojang is currently countering by rewriting the rendering engine.

Which is dumb, because since he modifies base files, they technically own his mod. If they wanted to, they could just take it and implement it into the game directly.

Oh, and get this. The current maintainer of optifine isn't the original creator. The original creator was a goon (SA forums member for those who don't know) who just disappeared. The current guy doesn't even mention him in his OP.

Right, just throwing this out here, there are some more mods that need to be added to Voltz to make it functional. At the moment, Voltz is the closest approximation to a PVP Tekkit, and more needs to be added to allow for this.

It is my personal opinion that a minimalistic approach be taken concerning any future addons, but at this moment, Voltz is severely lacking in several areas. These areas are: automation and mid-range, non-destructive warfare (projectile weapons). At the moment, farming feels crude and leather is an extremely scarce resource. "Infnatry" warfare is also unfortunately non-existant

As a suggestion of what mods should be added, I would personally suggest these following mods:

Redpower

Steve's Carts

Flan's mod

Traincraft

Wireless Redstone

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, things to consider expanding upon might be some more decorative things such as the Jammy Furniture Mod and a reasonably large-scale auto-miner similar to a quarry (something like the miner from Thaumcraft 2).

Flan's mod is an absoloute yes. But there needs to be and video tutorial on how to add content packs because Flan's mod must be added (my opinion)

Well, Voltz is capturing the essence of having an Electricity Age in Minecraft. I find it silly having a steel sword while I can make ICBM's and Nuclear Reactors. So an evolution in weapons would be pleasing. Yes, more redstone mods would be wonderful to have. I'm also curious as to why Optifine isn't included in the pack too.

I think the creator of optifine is not allowing optifine to be in any modpacks. So thats bloody annoying

if creator

I think the creator of optifine is not allowing optifine to be in any modpacks. So thats bloody annoying

of optifine doesnt want his mod in mod packs, then why he dont go to court, because people still use his mod in modpacks(outdated and now going)

if creator

of optifine doesnt want his mod in mod packs, then why he dont go to court, because people still use his mod in modpacks(outdated and now going)

Because it's silly to take a case like that to court. Who in their right mind would take such a thing to court? In any case, the creator of Optifine and the creators of Forge would always be wrong in court, since you're not allowed to distribute parts of Minecraft. Not like anyone really cares.

That's it, I'm talking to my solicitor about this on Monday.

I just can't help but feel that Voltz is incomplete without a couple of mods, Buildcraft and Industrialcraft 2 are the main ones. Any others would just be overkill, but those two seem important considering this is a mod devoted to bring electricity to minecraft. Of course I realise there would be problems with Copper and Tin, being that Universal electricity has those two, and so does IC2, not to mention uranium, but I still feel it would make a good addition to Voltz.

I am sorry but I cannot agree with what you are saying, I think BC and IC2 would kill the pack, it is more realistic as it is....

I have a hybrid tekkit/voltz server running on a server at 108.170.36.228 I moved it from my home to a company server i had to drop the mocreature spawner and one other creature pack and it throws an error for auto sneak though it does allow it to work. I'll have to do a rework on a few things and people have asked for energy links back but it's working fine. The power suits will us voltz powe or EU and the missles are a blast for pvp.

Shameless advertising much?

Not really on topic either.

Actually on topic here, I'm just hoping that more people make UE mods which are completely unique and get added to the pack. Now THAT would be better than anything suggested so far - a unique modpack.

yea sorry for slipping the self plug in (gotta call it what it was i guess). All the toys I've been playing with have so far been other people's work (and very good work) trying to learn to make a few of my own but so far it just makes my head want to explode it's great fun though love the challange of it!

Actually Voltz should really have a warfare mod , big missiles bases shooting each other from distances is quite boring after some time while big planned assaults with aerial support , artillery/missiles barrages , tank blitz and supporting infantry squads , well that should be THE warfare mod ! In this period i'm trying Voltz with Flans with Manus Warfare Pack and Modern Weapons Pack and it's quite close to what i was thinking . Redpower , Wireless Redstone and Computercraft ( with miscperipherals addon to refuel your turtles with electricity ) should be the other mods to add as they allow computer cotrelled bases and simplifies redstone circuits . And BTW only "Digital" part of Redpower would be needed ( along with "Core" obviouslly ) as microblocks and machines are not really needed .

PS : Voltz doesn't need BC and IC2 at all , UE mods do everything that BC and IC2 stuff does in a better and more realistic way , adding them would kill the pack turning it into a big cauldron full of mods not a well built modpack .

Scottish, you can't fire a missile at a creeper who is 10 feet away from you and missiles are a pain in the ass to build. Plus, the enderdragon doesn't collide with missiles. I think an easy way to add guns would be to just add a handgun, a sniper, an smg, an assualt rifle and and a shotgun, and then a bullet is crafted with an iron and a flint on top of it gives you ten bullets and if you craft a battery onto a gun it shoots electricity and becomes more powerful and I get off topic but maybe also add a laser sight to make it at least somewhat use UE.

A flashlight or flashlight helmet would be handy, too.

The Rocket Launcher with Conventional Missile will hit the Ender Dragon. I've tested it a couple of times. Nukes will too but there not that efficient considering that The End is not as large as the Normal Minecraft Map.

Now as far as some of the things I would like to see, without mentioning any other mod names.

Railgun Artillery- Capable of Splash Damage with very little Collateral Block Damage "Like a long range shotgun"

More Railroad Assets- "Steam, Diesel, Electric Trains" that kind of thing. More here from another mod- http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1587267-146sspsmplanforgetraincraft-formerly-trains-zeppelin-mod/

As mentioned before some type of mining equipment that uses UE API would be cool too.

Here's my choice for Electric Mining Equipment. XD

muskie8header.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Muskie

I used to stop down and watch this thing in the coal strip pits when I was younger.