Should there be more mods in Voltz?

Scottish1900

The Rocket Launcher with Conventional Missile will hit the Ender Dragon. I've tested it a couple of times. Nukes will too but there not that efficient considering that The End is not as large as the Normal Minecraft Map.

Now as far as some of the things I would like to see, without mentioning any other mod names.

Railgun Artillery- Capable of Splash Damage with very little Collateral Block Damage "Like a long range shotgun"

More Railroad Assets- "Steam, Diesel, Electric Trains" that kind of thing. More here from another mod- http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1587267-146sspsmplanforgetraincraft-formerly-trains-zeppelin-mod/

As mentioned before some type of mining equipment that uses UE API would be cool too.

Here's my choice for Electric Mining Equipment. XD

muskie8header.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Muskie

I used to stop down and watch this thing in the coal strip pits when I was younger.

That muskie it's a bit too little :P , look at this

lakata.org-01.jpg

however the idea is great ! these machine could be used as a model for a frikkin'-huge-mining-monster !

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That muskie it's a bit too little :P , look at this

lakata.org-01.jpg

however the idea is great ! these machine could be used as a model for a frikkin'-huge-mining-monster !

For some reason, I have difficulty to imagine this anywhere else than on the arm of a giant robot.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Galacticraft should be added once its finished. Voltz has advanced tech but nothing that even touches space, I want to see some interplanetary missiles going on. Secret moon bases with lasers and stuff, orbital strikes and low orbit ion cannons that actually require being built.

I think Galacticraft should be added once its finished. Voltz has advanced tech but nothing that even touches space, I want to see some interplanetary missiles going on. Secret moon bases with lasers and stuff, orbital strikes and low orbit ion cannons that actually require being built.

You just gave me an idea. I'm going to see if I can go high into the minecraft atomsphere and make a low orbit weapons platform. "Thanks"

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm.... I am thinking about ComputerCraft (Example: Fully automatic Missle Bases)

Yes it would be very nice, I think.

PS: Sry, for my english, I'm german...

I had a similar idea about a day ago, and then I noticed your post here. I agree, computers would be a nice addition to Voltz, especially with all the other technological things that you can build and use in it. Galacticraft would be another cool addition to the pack, if it fits.

Another thing that I would love to have in the Voltz pack is the Smart Moving mod, which its creator has recently given permission to be used in this pack. This was stated in post #6522 of the Smart Moving mod's thread on the Minecraft forums. Hopefully it would fit well with this modpack, as I'd love to see what I could do with it with the rest of the pack. Infiltrating a fortified base via air ducts, anyone?

Voltz would definitely benefit from having at least RedPower's lighting and logic system. If all those machines which require Blutricity would work with UE, then it could be added in its entirety. I mean, you have all this high-tech stuff, and what do you launch your rockets with? Dust sprinkled on the ground.

Computers would also be nice.

Well, ComputerCraft would definitely fit, considering that it is actually rigged up to be compatible with the ICBM mod, among others used in the Voltz pack. For example, it has commands that can be programmed into the computers that you can make with it that specifically deal with managing the mod's missiles.

Was only recently made aware by my players about enabling the extra API in computer craft too by the way so that my players can just connect to the internet from in game and download their programs for their turtles and things directly and not have to type them in! So if someone all ready has a program to run a reactor or other fun things it's easy to just use your in game computer to down load it!

I had never saw that feature pointed out before If that's common knowledge my bad!!

Was only recently made aware by my players about enabling the extra API in computer craft too by the way so that my players can just connect to the internet from in game and download their programs for their turtles and things directly and not have to type them in! So if someone all ready has a program to run a reactor or other fun things it's easy to just use your in game computer to down load it!

I had never saw that feature pointed out before If that's common knowledge my bad!!

That's not common knowledge. How did you do that?