Is There No Automatic Mining in Voltz?

Roboman20000

I have been playing Voltz for a bit now and I have not found anything to do my mining for me! I have had to make long and boring mining trips and you need so much material that this is fairly impractical. I know that you can sort of use a tunnel bore to do some auto mining but there has to be a better way.

The only thing that I have found so far is explosives and there also seems to be no good way to get gunpowder either. I would love to have to do explosive mining (cause the boom is cool!) but killing tonnes of creepers is dangerous! Any suggestions or thoughts on this?

See now that's what I was expecting. ChillBiilly and loiskw... way to contribute to the conversation in a thoughtful and insightful manner.

Thank you Niavmai, I couldn't find any kind of news on the matter and there is totally a way to make explosives easily and cheaply. And blowing stuff up is way fun!

Lear, I like the way the boring machine works. It adds realism, and I think that it's good enough. In all honesty, if you need automatic mining THIS badly, you really need to play default minecraft more.

The boring machine, though time consuming to make an supply, is an excellent work horse. Lays tracks for you, and as soon as I find out a way to put down a pattern with the machine I will be making entire rail ways with the bore.

• 2 weeks later...

I would rather have the tunnel bore over any of the other automatic mining machines. The quarry is great for clearing a chunk to make an underground base, however, if it's rare resources you are after (like diamonds) the tunnel bore is perfect. Just make a ladder going down to the diamond layer and set it up. Horizontal automatic mining should yield more rare resources than vertical automatic mining in a small grid. So I'm glad Voltz has the tunnel bore and not the quarry or mining well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...