TF2: how to make my parents give it back?

andrewdonshik

I went to a DarkRP server without know what the Christ it was. Some people had barricaded themselves in a house. So I spawned a jeep, and shoved it through the window, killing the occupants. I was promptly banned, despite propkilling not being against the rules.

So what is DarkRP? Their wookie is down, so I am totally unable to find out what it is.

I went to a DarkRP server without know what the Christ it was. Some people had barricaded themselves in a house. So I spawned a jeep, and shoved it through the window, killing the occupants. I was promptly banned, despite propkilling not being against the rules.

So what is DarkRP? Their wookie is down, so I am totally unable to find out what it is.

What's your steam? If your on tonight, we can hop on a server and I can show you the ropes

I suggest playing games that distance yourself from the playing field. Top-down or isometric games are the best choice. Will also allow you to explore different game genres.

If you like city builders, try Pharaoh. Really, do it. It could also have the effect of calming down your parents.

• 2 weeks later...

there is you know....2am :) its what i did for years, and yes i agree with the hamster, HEADPHONES!

really, trying to prove something to your parents is like trying to prove to a door that it is a window, so because of this i typically just stand there and go "uh huh...yea...ok...uh huh...yea ok sounds cool....will do" in the end they (well most do) do it to protect you...i never got this (i'm 20 years old and still don't, purhaps when i have kids :P)

Well, this is a possibility:

http://gamebanana.com/skins/89389

The mod replaces the blood and gore with that of the (heavily censored) German version. Blood is either oil or sparks, doesn't stick to surfaces, and gibs are replaced with random crap like gears, springs, rubber ducks, and cheeseburgers. Does not remove blood from some later weapon models, but it may be enough.1

You could do that, you play with sv_sillygibs_1

• 4 weeks later...

One way to get TF2 back is to grow older and, more importantly, more mature. Trying to manipulate your parents is a time honored tradition, but is still proof that you are probably not mature enough in their eyes, which is all that matters. Respect them and honor their wishes.

One way to get TF2 back is to grow older and, more importantly, more mature. Trying to manipulate your parents is a time honored tradition, but is still proof that you are probably not mature enough in their eyes, which is all that matters. Respect them and honor their wishes.

Ehh, pretty sure the problem is solved by now, after a whole month. And tbh, I find Andrew being classier than most at his age.

Seems like you have followed the general rule of following what they say without arguing too much. Giving a fit might result in computer confiscation etc.

Think I agree with lukeb on this one, they may change their opinions after a some cooldown time - unless they have been challenged too much and have to give a firm NO.

Ah... As this is a resurrected tread, I guess now it the time to show them stuff like this unless you already have gotten your permissions back.

Parents are often right, but then again, one of my friends (who is turning 20 this year) has parents who won't even let him leave the house without knowing exactly where he's going and for how long. Parents are sometimes right, but not always.

In regards to TF2... I think the best way to get them to understand is do your research; one of the posters here has already given you an article; but there are far more. Gather a bunch of articles which prove your point for you (and which aren't being argued by 12 year olds, articles like this are usually written by professors studying the effects of violent gaming). Go for the ones which show that gaming is actually an educational process which even the violence can be over-turned by the fact that the good outweighs the slight bad. For example; TF2 actually has it's very own economy - which funnily enough taught MY 10year old brother more about economy than anything else.

As it stands though; it may be they will continue to say no to prove a point more-so than because they believe in their answer. In which case, you're just going to have to wait a couple of years.

But I disagree with other posters here; I remember when I was 14/15 and my step father banned me from the internet at home (the ban was going to last until I left home). It took me 4hours of arguing, but luckily for me, my step dad knows when he is beaten and I won my rights back to the internet. The best arguments are more debates in nature. You need to be prepared to fight your case - not get frustrated, but continue to push your point in a logical and concise way.

Good luck mate.