[1.0.11]iDream Voltz [PvP][100 Slots] [NOTHING BANNED] [NO LAG] Recommended |PLUGINS| FACTIONS <----

iWireless

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name:Anthony

Username:chaconanthony

Time Zone:Pacific

Why We Should Pick You: You should pick me because I

• have

experiences in making 3 servers

from scratch

• am a quick learner

• am online 2 - 4 hours a day more on weekends

• can help a lot of the new comers seeing as how I dream servers is recommended when you download voltz, so you will be needing someone who can give advise and help them in understanding the way this server works

• helped you realize the item frames wont work iwireless jk

Here's my suggestions as a player and moderator who play on Anarchy, PVP, Build, etc.

1. Reset the map for every Voltz update (without resetting the map after updating will more likely to corrupt the map thus increase lags. In a protected area, there should be a vault room for every player should the server have to be reset again because of the Voltz update. All of their belonging including machines goes into the chest. If not, would be important to reset the map just once for the purpose of limiting the map size.

2. You should add a World Border or auto delete (beyound the border) to limit the map from X -10 k to 10 k in rectangle radius. Then, have all your trusted staffs go into creative mode then fly all over 75% of the map to warm up and generate the chunks for players. The rest of the 25% should be up for player's exploring and load the remaining chunks. However, we should remind ourselves that the Voltz and Tekkit Lite may behave like beta and lag the finest server. To reduce server's stress is to shrink the size of the map. Players have gone a long distance discouraging player from raiding and thus increase greater search distance that will definitely grind the server to a halt.

Along with bordering, the purpose for limiting map size should help players with little to no desire to learn Voltz or players without background experience in Tekkit to find another server because there are more serious gamer that want to play on the server but can't dues to server slot full or lag. Again, the server should avoid being full server.

3. Establish a 1-3 months period donation package and offer a no ban for donators but restrict certain perk should the perk been abuse. People who donate are less likely to cheat and grief the server. However, donator including non-donator should have their inventory, money balance, and their personal belong not to be confuse with clan's property wipe should they decided to break the server rules.

People have donated over $100 for 3 month periods. There are people that have money. Please don't be a hero and bite more than what you can chew on the server's operation cost. The money will definitely keep the server slots high. However, Voltz and Tekkit Lite can still behave like beta and lag or bug glitch the server making even powerful server machine lag out.

4. Better clan plugin and hero chat (or other compatiable chat plugin) should keep the chat clutter down. With lot of people chatting, the appearance on the screen can be almost no different than people that are spamming. Having a better clan plugin or a plugin that doesn't break down and cause players' to lose their clan tag, would increase social networking among players. Players are more likely to bring other players if the clan plugin help them work together. Having more people work together in a fewer chunk can definitely save the server's resource. It would also be recommended that the clan plugin have some clan's security to reduce betrayal or clan split.

5. Please make sure that the server restart more often and that the admin be there. Server is more likely to retain players and less likely to lag if the captain of the ship, server admin, manage the server's restart operation or at least reduce the auto restart timer for automated server restart. There are time where the server may not follow the server's timer protocul and not restart so this would be good for having someone there should that happen.

6. Would encourage moderator and administrator to follow the protocul to take all evidence and avoid passing judgement on hearsay should this may discourage players or potential donators to think that rule breaker is being avoid and make players feel that the server is "rigged with hacker and cheater". As for the players, they should provide screenshot but in more difficult situation should be recorded in FRAPS for video evidence. Forgery is a rare case but a common practice by troll which may taint the evidence that would make the player look bad. There are reasons why evidence should be screenshot and video not notepad. If there are players sharing their expertise on certain mods, please give them immunity and should they abuse it for their personal gains. They should be punish.

Please don't mute players based on emotional decision. If they are spamming or insulting the staff, this is an exceptional action. Muting a player based on disagreement shouldn't be the case. All great mind think alike. If there are less viewpoint, there won't be a whole lot of information that could have been consider.

If people can't get a hold of the staff in TeamSpeak, they should get familiar with the Skype and communicate. This is an easier way for players to distribute their evidence to back their report. If there are donators, please allow them part of the call with the staff. It shows the appreciation and allow you to show an open mind to hear what investors have to say about your server. You, as the server owner, have the veto power because you own the server.

I second Bopskapen on point one, for point two i believe there is a program that generates chunks for you. Point 4 could use the Party Chat which allows you to teleport to others in your party by typing /ptp name. I do not know if they would put a WorldGuard on it because of 30-40 people who are on being "crowded" in a smaller area than they are used to. I like going 10-15 k blocks from spawn, keeps me safe and happy. People may like to go out further because of safety issues or who want to be hermits like i am. I believe it should be the players prerogative for whether or not there should be a world border. Cast a vote and see whether or not WorldGuard is in or out.

Here's my suggestions as a player and moderator who play on Anarchy, PVP, Build, etc.

1. Reset the map for every Voltz update (without resetting the map after updating will more likely to corrupt the map thus increase lags. In a protected area, there should be a vault room for every player should the server have to be reset again because of the Voltz update. All of their belonging including machines goes into the chest. If not, would be important to reset the map just once for the purpose of limiting the map size.

2. You should add a World Border or auto delete (beyound the border) to limit the map from X -10 k to 10 k in rectangle radius. Then, have all your trusted staffs go into creative mode then fly all over 75% of the map to warm up and generate the chunks for players. The rest of the 25% should be up for player's exploring and load the remaining chunks. However, we should remind ourselves that the Voltz and Tekkit Lite may behave like beta and lag the finest server. To reduce server's stress is to shrink the size of the map. Players have gone a long distance discouraging player from raiding and thus increase greater search distance that will definitely grind the server to a halt.

Along with bordering, the purpose for limiting map size should help players with little to no desire to learn Voltz or players without background experience in Tekkit to find another server because there are more serious gamer that want to play on the server but can't dues to server slot full or lag. Again, the server should avoid being full server.

3. Establish a 1-3 months period donation package and offer a no ban for donators but restrict certain perk should the perk been abuse. People who donate are less likely to cheat and grief the server. However, donator including non-donator should have their inventory, money balance, and their personal belong not to be confuse with clan's property wipe should they decided to break the server rules.

People have donated over $100 for 3 month periods. There are people that have money. Please don't be a hero and bite more than what you can chew on the server's operation cost. The money will definitely keep the server slots high. However, Voltz and Tekkit Lite can still behave like beta and lag or bug glitch the server making even powerful server machine lag out.

4. Better clan plugin and hero chat (or other compatiable chat plugin) should keep the chat clutter down. With lot of people chatting, the appearance on the screen can be almost no different than people that are spamming. Having a better clan plugin or a plugin that doesn't break down and cause players' to lose their clan tag, would increase social networking among players. Players are more likely to bring other players if the clan plugin help them work together. Having more people work together in a fewer chunk can definitely save the server's resource. It would also be recommended that the clan plugin have some clan's security to reduce betrayal or clan split.

5. Please make sure that the server restart more often and that the admin be there. Server is more likely to retain players and less likely to lag if the captain of the ship, server admin, manage the server's restart operation or at least reduce the auto restart timer for automated server restart. There are time where the server may not follow the server's timer protocul and not restart so this would be good for having someone there should that happen.

6. Would encourage moderator and administrator to follow the protocul to take all evidence and avoid passing judgement on hearsay should this may discourage players or potential donators to think that rule breaker is being avoid and make players feel that the server is "rigged with hacker and cheater". As for the players, they should provide screenshot but in more difficult situation should be recorded in FRAPS for video evidence. Forgery is a rare case but a common practice by troll which may taint the evidence that would make the player look bad. There are reasons why evidence should be screenshot and video not notepad. If there are players sharing their expertise on certain mods, please give them immunity and should they abuse it for their personal gains. They should be punish.

Please don't mute players based on emotional decision. If they are spamming or insulting the staff, this is an exceptional action. Muting a player based on disagreement shouldn't be the case. All great mind think alike. If there are less viewpoint, there won't be a whole lot of information that could have been consider.

If people can't get a hold of the staff in TeamSpeak, they should get familiar with the Skype and communicate. This is an easier way for players to distribute their evidence to back their report. If there are donators, please allow them part of the call with the staff. It shows the appreciation and allow you to show an open mind to hear what investors have to say about your server. You, as the server owner, have the veto power because you own the server.

Nice :) i will be using ur tips, i missed a view of these. Thank.

Name: Shane

Username: Shamus010190

Time Zone: US EST

Why We Should Pick you: I have experience with being a mod, small experience with being an admin. i wont be one of those guys thats pushed around by the players, but also wont abuse my privilages. No freebies will be given away without prior consent by you. I give respect, and trust others until they give me reason not to. Im friendly, been playing on this server since the first week if im not mistaken and seen how things opperate. ill help in any way possible.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons