Tekkit Classic is dead

I would say that Tekkit is dead and burried, it is still running off Minecraft 1.2.5 and we are now up to minecraft 1.5.1.

Any server that is still running tekkit feels like it is running from the stone age, all of my members (not one of 122 disagreed) to uninstall tekkit and turn our server in to a bukkit server.

Cya Tekkit, was good while it lasted

Okay. Yeah, Tekkit Classic is really dead, what with the huge amount of servers still running it. Totally.

You could also just play Tekkit Lite with BukkitForge or MCPC-Plus to keep your Bukkit plugins. It's what a lot of server ops are doing right now, instead of whining on these forums how old Tekkit "Classic" is.

I would say that Tekkit is dead and burried, it is still running off Minecraft 1.2.5 and we are now up to minecraft 1.5.1.

Any server that is still running tekkit feels like it is running from the stone age, all of my members (not one of 122 disagreed) to uninstall tekkit and turn our server in to a bukkit server.

Cya Tekkit, was good while it lasted

Wait, so just to be clear here, your members voted to remove something with more content just because it is "old?" Sounds more like your members are whiny asshats then anything else.

You oxygne theifs can say what you like The true fact of the matter is that Tekkit has not been updated for a very long time and STILL runs with MC 1.2.5 some 50 MC updates ago. It is pointless playing a half baked tekkit lite which is a fraction of classic simply because they couldnt be fucked updating. But then again your cockwads most likely play monopoly with ur mummy and daddy on Fridays and Saturday nights.

So Ok Brainic (miniboxer) your so quick to abuse me for making a simple statement when is there a new updated release??? or are you still going to be playing the out dated mod when MC is at 5.0 you moroinc fucktard, but your so up with the times you couldnt fucking tell me, hell you wouldn't even know realised if ur mummy was butt fucking you with ur daddys dick.

oxygne theifs

My God... stealing the oxygne? How could they?!?

Tekkit has not been updated for a very long time and STILL runs with MC 1.2.5 some 50 MC updates ago.

Well, actually, Tekkit Lite is fo-

It is pointless playing a half baked tekkit lite which is a fraction of classic simply because they couldnt be fucked updating.

Well, no, Lite actually refers to the lack of Bukkit, the pack itself has more mods than Cla-

But then again your cockwads most likely play monopoly with ur mummy and daddy on Fridays and Saturday nights.

I... what?

So Ok Brainic (miniboxer) your so quick to abuse me for making a simple statement when is there a new updated release??? or are you still going to be playing the out dated mod when MC is at 5.0 you moroinc fucktard

What if the mods now are better than the mods for Minecraft 5?

but your so up with the times you couldnt fucking tell me, hell you wouldn't even know realised if ur mummy was butt fucking you with ur daddys dick.

Is this before, during, or after the monopoly game?

I don't think it's quite dead yet. Classic is old, I think we have to put it out of it's misery. It obviously can't be any entertainment since it doesn't have anvils, hoppers and sideways logs!

Quick, pass the large stick! Let's beat the crap out of it until it dies!

You oxygne theifs can say what you like The true fact of the matter is that Tekkit has not been updated for a very long time and STILL runs with MC 1.2.5 some 50 MC updates ago. It is pointless playing a half baked tekkit lite which is a fraction of classic simply because they couldnt be fucked updating. But then again your cockwads most likely play monopoly with ur mummy and daddy on Fridays and Saturday nights.

So Ok Brainic (miniboxer) your so quick to abuse me for making a simple statement when is there a new updated release??? or are you still going to be playing the out dated mod when MC is at 5.0 you moroinc fucktard, but your so up with the times you couldnt fucking tell me, hell you wouldn't even know realised if ur mummy was butt fucking you with ur daddys dick.

If you don't like it, don't play it. It's as simple as that. You appear to be under some kind of delusion that we have anything to do with the speed of which the mods are released, and also seem to forget the fact that 1.3 pretty much broke all SSP mods. If you really want to make a difference, go pm your message to all of the modders. I can guarantee you that the warmest response will be "lolnop".

Well, despite of somebody mental breakdown above, got my 2 cents to add.

Discussions:530

This is what statistic for tekkit Classic says on this forum.

I am new to MC and tekkit, I discovered this game quite late. Just beginning of 2013. And Immediately started to learn. Because I am pro programmer, ended up writing game dedicated plugin.

I am not relying on thousands of bukkit plugins at all, that most of the time you need to perform simple/basic stuff. I am relying on bukkit API to build my world. Tekkit Classis is a perfect choice for me giving wider choice of existing stuff, bukkit API is what helps me to set this all up the way I like.

Even so, I found bukkit to be too much original game related IMHO. Things like throwEggListener being an integrated part of the core is a failure. Instead being more generic and let modders do the rest. If bukkit will try to keep up the current state of MC will be nothing but a clone, trying to mimic original game. I actually like the fact tekkit rely on 1.2.5 version of the game, because is more vanilla. Giving you more possibility to build the world you like without following the original implementation. I bet people already writing plugins for 1.5.1 how to disable things instead. You like those features from MC 1.5.1? well let me tell you something, you can certainly write a plugin/mod for it right now. Having all that tekkit stuff as addition can make your game even more fun.

Here is my server I am building and I had a good time thinking what would be the best choice for it.

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/3-1-2-homeless-48-slots-sci-fi-server.38651

As I said before, I am a noob. But is MC that should learn from community (and they actually stealing many ideas from you modders), not other way around. Every one that claims 124.0.8 is more cooler than 98.2.3 is just a moron, a shipple and victim of commercialized world. In fact MC is so badly written that tekkit if rewritten in c++ could make 100x better job being 0.0.1 ;)

I agree, it's been proven that Minecraft on C++ runs a thousand times better on worse hardware. Look at Minecraft for XBox.

They should just halt development completely for a few months like they did somewhere in Alpha, just to focus all their efforts on porting Minecraft to C++ completely, not just the older versions.

Of course, this would set modding back a bit, but in the end, it would be worth it. No more dealing with the myriad of problems Java has all the time, or its poorly implemented garbage collection, or its proneness to crashing, not to mention how powerful your PC has to be to run it decently, even though it looks like a game from the 90's.

Fukkin' hell yes. C++ is a far more stable language to run, and running a separate build for Macs is merely selecting a different compiler at run-time. Of course, I can be equally just as happy in C#, since it's the bastard child of Java and C, but this is something Mojang has to decide on their own.

Fukkin' hell yes. C++ is a far more stable language to run, and running a separate build for Macs is merely selecting a different compiler at run-time. Of course, I can be equally just as happy in C#, since it's the bastard child of Java and C, but this is something Mojang has to decide on their own.

No. C# is awful. Most of the time if you use it, you are using .net framework, possibly with XNA. both are awful and give you all sorts of weird clusterfuck dependancies on microsoft. Despite terraria being an awesome game, I hate the devs for using XNA. There will never be a linux or a mac port.

java pisses me off. FIxes are hard as ass to get. When you run with a language as c++ it is running natively on the machine. No stupid java virtual machine. besides if it was c++ i could mod :P

C++ to java is a very easy step, you know. I don't recall exactly which ones, but the only major change in code are some of the syntaxes.

C# is okay, but dotnet is terrible and it should die in a hole.

SHIT. You have ducks. You will need to open your computer. You will need to reset your cooling northbridge ram chipset in order to get rid of the ducks virus. unplug the wire leading from your fan to motherboard. Turn on your computer, and leave it on overnight calculating pi. The ducks virus will get overwhelmed and will be defeated. An alternative fix is to remove your hard drive, and remove the 2;nd pin from the left with pliers. This is the pin that the ducks virus invades with. It is useless, and is a ground pin. They are made out of gold and the only reason they are there is to increase the product value, and make you pay much much more for the hard drive.

thanks

-A professional computer security expert

So Ok Brainic (miniboxer) your so quick to abuse me for making a simple statement when is there a new updated release???

What. I never "abused" you directly, I was pointing out that you have a server full of pricks because they don't want to use something because it is "old." You really should consider getting a more mature audi...

or are you still going to be playing the out dated mod when MC is at 5.0 you moroinc fucktard

If the mods now have more content than Minecraft 5, then yeah. By getting rid of Tekkit, and replacing it with a bukkit server, you are REMOVING CONTENT. Despite the little content you will get from the updated version, you have lost many features. I don't know why this wasn't cle...

but your so up with the times you couldnt fucking tell me,

Just curious, are you really that thick to go from saying "are you gunna be playing the old shit from a couple months ago when MINECRAFT 5 COMES OUT???" to "you probably don't even know what to say to me because you keep up with what happens so much!" in the same paragra...

hell you wouldn't even know realised if ur mummy was butt fucking you with ur daddys dick.

Oh Dear! A scary man is shouting mean words at me from the internet! I should totally back out of this whole conversation, because by typing a completely incoherent sentence, he "pwnt" me.

C# is okay, but dotnet is terrible and it should die in a hole.

If we can get rid of that dependency, then it's not a huge issue. The only thing I have an issue with .NET is that it's Windows-centric. Other than that, the ASP code is pretty sexy for Web-based content.