Rename Tekkit?

I believe it would be logical to rename,or add on to tekkit's name,as when searched or servers it is easily confused with tekkit classic as classic is refferred to as tekkit,and it should be renamed to something like Tekkit Space or something relevant to it,so it is not confused with tekkit classic.I hope everybody can agree with me on this.

I believe it would be logical to rename,or add on to tekkit's name,as when searched or servers it is easily confused with tekkit classic as classic is refferred to as tekkit,and it should be renamed to something like Tekkit Space or something relevant to it,so it is not confused with tekkit classic.I hope everybody can agree with me on this.

Though one could also reason for the opposite..

Tekkit has evolved into what it is at this point..

If you're looking for an older version of it maybe they should be appropriately named?

Classic server owners should name their servers appropriately to attract players, and use the proper names basically..

Which would make browsing servers an easier task.

Naming tekkit appears to have been done to present previous versions with names to differentiate between revisions,

to follow the same process once a new mainversion of tekkit evolves,

this "old" one should then be renamed, there's been some good names suggested here..

Just a different view on the subject! ^_^

I too agree with robin, it would make far more sense for the current incarnation of the main Tekkit mod pack to be called Tekkit and the predicesors being named, Tekkit Classic, Tekkit Lite and in the future Tekkit TNG (I just like it :) ). Tekkit is then known as the latest iteration.

Considering Tekkit is a play on the words Technic (single player) and Bukkit (multiplayer)...and Bukkit is no longer used run the server...maybe it should be just Technic again?

Mods and the server components have evolved to be synonymous.

Considering Tekkit is a play on the words Technic (single player) and Bukkit (multiplayer)...and Bukkit is no longer used run the server...maybe it should be just Technic again?

Sooo, Terge is it then? Or Torge? The later sounds a litte bit likee torch thought... i like it xD

Tevilla maybe? Well, it is a Technic and Vanilla server...